IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

11 hours ago, 111MilesToGo said:

As mentioned above, Roon with Qobuz integration continued to work as fine as before, and I found this to hold as well for UAPP with Qobuz integration on Android.

Thats been my experience as well, and you can add mconnect HD to that, it too is working on both Android and iOS.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

On 8/5/2021 at 8:05 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

This is a bummer. Track 4 on this album is a sample only, in Qobuz. Tidal has the whole thing. Strange.

I'm getting the same thing with Qobuz this summer. Lots of tracks that were there, and are now gone. And yes, like you, the tracks are on other services. So are we to believe that the labels just don't like Qobuz and are fine with the other services? Among other tracks, I'm getting lots of "here today, gone tomorrow" tracks in my Lounge Jazz playlist, where 7 out of 17 tracks are now gone. (The top albums from modern Bossa Nova artist Nicola Conte, for example, are popular and major label enough to be on Qobuz, as they're available everywhere else.)

Please don't recommend that I contact Qobuz whenever a track or album or artist drops off the service. That would be my new full-time job!

3 hours ago, Talisman said:

Please don't recommend that I contact Qobuz whenever a track or album or artist drops off the service. That would be my new full-time job!

I switched to Qobuz for two reasons. One is that I can’t accept MQA (”high res MP3” as some call it) and the other is that my music is better represented at Qobuz. When I left Tidal they had no or very few albums by Neil Young and Frank Zappa. (Maybe this have changes?) On Qobuz I found most of them and also in 24/96. 

As far as I understand it is the recordcompanies that provide albums to both Tidal and Qobuz, not the other way around. Maybe you should contact them? 

29 minutes ago, Ropet said:

I switched to Qobuz for two reasons. One is that I can’t accept MQA (”high res MP3” as some call it) and the other is that my music is better represented at Qobuz. When I left Tidal they had no or very few albums by Neil Young and Frank Zappa. (Maybe this have changes?) On Qobuz I found most of them and also in 24/96. 

As far as I understand it is the recordcompanies that provide albums to both Tidal and Qobuz, not the other way around. Maybe you should contact them? 

Nope, not my job. That’s the job of a streaming service. 

7 minutes ago, Talisman said:

Nope, not my job. That’s the job of a streaming service. 

Just so, and sadly, from my experience with QOBUZ, while they may temporarily withdraw an item in response to a report of corrupted sound files, they have been known to report the very same corrupt files later. The do have a very good range of Zappa, though, much of it in Hi Def. With the Import facility, it's wroth putting up with the odd annoyance.

https://audiophilestyle.com/profile/35282-david-craff/ Has there been any movement on this problem.

My Qobuz is now version 6.2.02 but I stillcannot access the vast majority of my download done prior to version 6?

July 8th

"Sorry, as I don't manage this application, I don't know everything. I know about a big update but it should not have any impact on your local music.

I will foward your feedback to the mobile dev team."

As it happened I did not mis it, for a good reason. My walking without a signal was with others so instead of headphones and Qobuz I had great company and good talking. When I got back to hotels I had wifi so could use Qobuz online. However in few weeks probably be off signal again and as yet do not know whether company will be available. So need a resolution.

16 hours ago, athegn said:

I have forgotten how to add @david craff to the front of my post.

Any advice please?

Hi

Sorry, the only advice I have is to import or download the missing content in your local library. I think there is corrupted content while converting the local musique on with the version 6 of the app.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

"Sorry, the only advice I have is to import or download the missing content in your local library. I think there is corrupted content while converting the local musique on with the version 6 of the app."

As I have several hundred downloads that is not going to be an easy job as each will have to be download separately!

I do note that the 6* downloads store in the same directory but in individual folders and now use 5MB chunks rather than the 2MB previously.

On 8/24/2021 at 2:52 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

A while back I complained about the requirement to keep the Qobuz app open while downloading tracks to my phone, or the download would stop. This morning I found a simple workaround. Forgive me if this has already been said. 

Start the download, press play on another album that’s already downloaded, and you’re good. The download will continue when Qobuz is minimized or sent to the background, and even when your phone goes dark (not using it / in your pocket etc…)

I’m at the airport right now so I hit download, set my volume to zero, hit play on another album, and put the phone in my pocket while eating breakfast. When I was done, so was the download. 

Problem solved :~)

That’s a really useful hack. Thanks for sharing!

13 hours ago, Bevok said:

I’ve mainly been using my Arylic recently but use Chromecast on my main system. I’m disappointed to see the issue still remains of album playback ending after each track and having to press play to begin the next piece. Playing from an iPad.

@David Craff

Thank you 

Hi and thanks for your feedback. I sent it to the dev team.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

2 hours ago, left channel said:

And I believe the UK prices are the same numbers with "£" in place of "$".

How are the prices presented in US today? When I lived there 2006-2008 the prices in US was always excluding taxes/VAT as they differs between states. In Europe prices should always include taxes/VAT on consumer level which normally are around 20-25 % in Europe that is added in all consumer goods and services. 

8 minutes ago, Ropet said:

How are the prices presented in US today? When I lived there 2006-2008 the prices in US was always excluding taxes/VAT as they differs between states. In Europe prices should always include taxes/VAT on consumer level which normally are around 20-25 % in Europe that is added in all consumer goods and services. 

Hasn't changed. Prices are presented without state and local sales tax. There is no national sales tax or VAT in the US.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

13 minutes ago, Mark Dirac said:

Bad news for Qobuz. This is too cheap. Not sustainable. Qobuz need profit margin to pay for development and maintenance of the several apps and the library.

Unless they are looking for a buyer - Apple bought Primephonic this past week.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham.