IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

This is not the first time I've had glitches trying to make a purchase in the download store, but this particular glitch is very frustrating (and equally defeating for Qobuz, if they want to make money).

I put a Gabor Szabo download in my cart, then I click on the continue shopping button, my cart icon shows that I have one item in the cart, then I click on the cart and it takes me to a page describing the hi-res streaming plan, trying to entice me to change my subscription plan, when I am already subscribed to the plan (I paid the annual one-time fee to save money and I have another seven months). So then I click on the download store at the top menu and it takes me to the store where I now have zero items in my cart. So I go back and find the Jazz Raga album by Gabor Szabo and put it in my cart again, and instead of clicking on the continue shopping button, I click on the finalize order button, and it takes me back to the page to get me to change my streaming plan to the same plan I am already paying for, and I click the back button and it shows me that my cart has one item, and I click on the cart and it takes me back to the streaming plan page.

I have done this about four times already with the same bad result. I am about ready to go buy the damned album from Tidal and pay more than having to deal with Qobuz janky website...

On second thought, I see that Tidal is charging $12.59 for a FLAC download when I can buy the same album from Qobuz in my choice of formats AIFF for $7.49. So F**K TIDAL, I guess I'll wait for Qobuz store website to start working again. Please let me know when you get it fixed.

FYI I am in the US and this is the page where I cannot seem to complete my purchase:

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/jazz-raga-gabor-szabo/fe9wu7tps90yb

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

17 hours ago, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

This is not the first time I've had glitches trying to make a purchase in the download store, but this particular glitch is very frustrating (and equally defeating for Qobuz, if they want to make money).

I put a Gabor Szabo download in my cart, then I click on the continue shopping button, my cart icon shows that I have one item in the cart, then I click on the cart and it takes me to a page describing the hi-res streaming plan, trying to entice me to change my subscription plan, when I am already subscribed to the plan (I paid the annual one-time fee to save money and I have another seven months). So then I click on the download store at the top menu and it takes me to the store where I now have zero items in my cart. So I go back and find the Jazz Raga album by Gabor Szabo and put it in my cart again, and instead of clicking on the continue shopping button, I click on the finalize order button, and it takes me back to the page to get me to change my streaming plan to the same plan I am already paying for, and I click the back button and it shows me that my cart has one item, and I click on the cart and it takes me back to the streaming plan page.

I have done this about four times already with the same bad result. I am about ready to go buy the damned album from Tidal and pay more than having to deal with Qobuz janky website...

On second thought, I see that Tidal is charging $12.59 for a FLAC download when I can buy the same album from Qobuz in my choice of formats AIFF for $7.49. So F**K TIDAL, I guess I'll wait for Qobuz store website to start working again. Please let me know when you get it fixed.

FYI I am in the US and this is the page where I cannot seem to complete my purchase:

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/jazz-raga-gabor-szabo/fe9wu7tps90yb

The issue has been resolved. I waited until the next day and was able to complete my purchase. Thank you.

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

Just got an update to the Windows 10 app, but when I went to settings-about-version history the popup window didn't start at the latest one and wouldn't scroll so I couldn't read what changes were made.  If I click on see the shortcuts for keyboard shortcuts directly beneath the app version history I can scroll that popup with no problem.  

22 hours ago, OldHardwareTech said:

Just got an update to the Windows 10 app, but when I went to settings-about-version history the popup window didn't start at the latest one and wouldn't scroll so I couldn't read what changes were made.  If I click on see the shortcuts for keyboard shortcuts directly beneath the app version history I can scroll that popup with no problem.  

I had no problem opening the version history, but it appears this is a minor build update to 5.8.0 and is not described there.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

New version for Android today: what is really new?

Volume issue with Chromecast seems fixed but gapless on Chromecast still not working.

Guys you gotta do something as audio quality is not the only thing: no Quboz direct on Marantz/Denon, no gapless on Chromecast, no Android TV app..

2 hours ago, left channel said:

I had no problem opening the version history, but it appears this is a minor build update to 5.8.0 and is not described there.

Thanks for the info.  I just checked again on the off chance it was something transient but while I can open version history it still won't scroll.  Not a big deal, I'm more interested in audio quality than reading about what changes have been made to the player.

1 hour ago, thegios said:

but gapless on Chromecast still not working.

no gapless on Chromecast

Chromecast devices inherently do not support gapless playback of the individual audio file tracks in a playlist. So the workaround of providing a continuous audio stream similar to an internet radio stream, taken from the output of a gapless supporting 'helper' player playing the tracks in the playlist, is what is required.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Having used Qobuz for a few weeks the only issues I've had have been Chromecast related on IoS (don't have these problems with other apps):

- two or three times a track has suddenly started playing a static noise half way through. Rewinding a few seconds doesn't get rid of this, restarting the track it doesn't recur

- when I lose the connection (e.g. turn off receiver I'm Chromecasting to) the local device (phone or iPad) starts playing the track out its speaker. This actually happens with Airplay too.

I will say Qobuz often 'reconnects' to the Chromecast session when the device has been locked or another app used, but no streaming music app has implemented this to the level of YouTube Music which always picks up the session (and has the added benefit of multiple users being able to connect and add music to the queue). Tidal for example was always terrible at losing its connection to the Chromecast session.

Desktop latest version on Mac: still not resolved, every 30 seconds the app (in background, doing nothing), uses a core and a half freezing the input for a second (if I'm clicking somewhere in that moment, it does not release the mouse pointer and I end up dragging items instead).

On the activity monitor I can see every 30 seconds the Qobuz app using 150% CPU for no reason.

Known issue?

App update just received here:

[Release 6.0.0]

• General improvement of the design and user experience
  • General improvement of the application's performance
  • Improved navigation on pages with a lot of content
  • Added a shuffle button on the artist page
  • Improved scroll memory from one page to another (first step)
  • Added duplicate check when adding a track to a playlist
  • You can now create a playlist from another playlist
  • Added an error and crash analysis tool for the application
  • Improved the dark mode
  • Fixed : application crash when sorting by duration
  • Fixed : artist picture not visible in local music
  • Fixed several problems
  • Added MacOs shortcuts
  • Connection to the latest version of the Google Cast receiver
  • Fixed : unable to play imports and downloads in offline mode
  • Fixed : import and download of track blocked if some tracks are already in the local music
  • Fixed : my downloads disappear from my disk when I disconnect

26 minutes ago, OldHardwareTech said:

@left channelThanks for posting the changelog.  I'm still not able to scroll and view it correctly.  Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing. As I said before it's not a big deal and I'm not entirely sure it isn't something specific to my system causing the problem.  Everything else works though.

<image>

Maybe it's your screen zoom or screen dpi setting. Try zooming out or reducing the dpi or something like that. If it's a laptop that might make everything blurry, but if scrolling starts working then at least you'd know the reason, and can report it in the hopes that the Qobuz devs can fix it.

10 hours ago, maramara said:

Desktop latest version on Mac: still not resolved, every 30 seconds the app (in background, doing nothing), uses a core and a half freezing the input for a second (if I'm clicking somewhere in that moment, it does not release the mouse pointer and I end up dragging items instead).

On the activity monitor I can see every 30 seconds the Qobuz app using 150% CPU for no reason.

Known issue?

Hi,

When you said 'doing nothing' there is no music playing on the app ?

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.