IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

On 7/1/2021 at 12:48 PM, hopkins said:

@David Craff I have not read the 154 pages of this thread, so my apologies if this question has already been answered, but is there a plan to provide an equivalent to something like Spotify Connect for Qobuz, and if so on Linux platforms as well? 

Yes, we are thinking about this feature.

And Linux plateforme, maybe.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

To add to the Version 6 mess seen with the Qobuz Android App, I have to report on the iOS Version 6 now. The Apple App Store forced it onto my iPhone XR yesterday. First thing I observe is that it lost the ability to display the album cover on my car audio system, as it used to do all the time before. iPhone coupled to the car via Apple Lightning to USB-A adapter cable. One more entry on the bug list …

21 hours ago, athegn said:

@David Craff have you any ideas on my post on Saturday re loss of access to downloaded files?

Sorry, as I don't manage this application, I don't know everything. I know about a big update but it should not have any impact on your local music.

I will foward your feedback to the mobile dev team.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

I'm having some different issues with the Android app (I'm running the beta version, now on v 6.0.1.0 on Pixel 4a 5g).  About a week ago -- maybe with the advent of v6 but I didn't pay close attention -- the app logged me out and deleted all my downloaded music.  As others have noted, when I logged back in, my downloads were gone.  I had been careful not to log out because others had pointed out this issue.  But when the app logs me out on its own, that's a problem I can't control, and it's quite frustrating.

Recently (last few days), the app frequently stops playing music mid-track.  When I go back in and hit play, the track starts at the beginning rather than the point where it stopped.  The issue happens with a range of music and using hi-res and CD quality settings, and it happens when listening to full albums and playlists.

Also, I have been listening to Caroline Shaw's Let the Soil Play its Simple Part.  Sometimes, I get the message that the track is unavailable to play, but if I try again or skip ahead, it often plays fine.  I think this has happened with other albums too but it's not repeatable and I don't recall which ones.

30 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Sorry, as I don't manage this application, I don't know everything. I know about a big update but it should not have any impact on your local music.

Regards

David,

We like the sound of “big update” :) Are you at liberty say give a rough estimate of when? 

I myself am having problems with latest mobile update. I wish I knew how to log it for you but I don't. I can tell you what's it's doing. At start-up.... There is no start up. Un-installed re-installed, reformated SD card. No avail. App will not launch.

*Edit 
Is an android

2 hours ago, jedijimi said:

I myself am having problems with latest mobile update. I wish I knew how to log it for you but I don't. I can tell you what's it's doing. At start-up.... There is no start up. Un-installed re-installed, reformated SD card. No avail. App will not launch.

*Edit 
Is an android

Oh, you experience the ”Big Android App Screw-up“ reported earlier this week. Cf.

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/46611-official-qobuz-issues-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1145512

It might be interesting to hear what device you are using.

One other issue with the android app:  In the Offline Library tab, the list of Releases (albums) includes both full albums I have downloaded and single tracks cached because they were played at some point.  This remains true even when I go into settings and select "Display only full releases."  Oddly, those tracks remain present even when I go into android settings and delete cache.  They only go away when I manually (in Qobuz) select the three dots for each track and select "remove from cache."

Also, the problem of tracks stopping has gotten worse, and the app is almost unusable now. The problem occurs with both streaming and downloaded music.  Looks like I'll need to sideload a mirrored earlier version to have a functioning music player on my phone.

On 7/8/2021 at 2:45 PM, David Craff said:

Regards

Thank you.

Look forward to their advice.

5 hours ago, Mark Dirac said:

Qobuz is a fantastic service. But their team is small and exhibits the worst manifestations of sloppy design practices which is endemic in most of the software branch of the engineering profession.

Plus, as @DarginMahkum mentioned above, the Android software team - as seen from the outside - might need to get a Digital Audio Player (DAP, like e.g. iBasso DX300, Cayin N6ii or anything similar, where the manufacturer has tweaked Android to at least circumvent the obnoxious Android sample rate conversion to 48kHz) to test an app wrt HiRes before releasing it to the public.

About 10 apps updated the other day on my Pixel 3 XL and battery performance has taken a dive.

I am 90% certain this is not a Qobuz issue but wanted to ask if anyone else had battery drain after the most recent Android app update? I love Qobuz too much to consider a change.

Maybe it was just my turn to get a silent update pushed from Google to perpetuate the consumer purchase cycle.

#righttorepair  #cynical

Apps that updated before battery issue:

American Express

Audirvana

Bank of America

Blue Mail

Google Home

PLEX

Progressive

Qobuz

On 7/9/2021 at 6:03 PM, Mark Dirac said:

Qobuz is a fantastic service. But their team is small and exhibits the worst manifestations of sloppy design practices which is endemic in most of the software branch of the engineering profession. Because of this, it would be helpful for Qobuz to offer an easy, fast and reliable mechanism for downgrading to an earlier known-good version of their several softwares. This would obliterate much of the angst, frustration and complaint aimed at Qobuz.

That's not going to solve anything. Qobuz should make their APIs publicly available so that developers can offer alternative apps that integrate with Qobuz. 

On 7/9/2021 at 6:22 PM, left channel said:

I gave up on the Android app after version 5 started misbehaving in other ways. I use only USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP) on that platform.

Another reason for choosing UAPP is that it bypasses the Android system's default audio resampling to deliver a bit-perfect stream to external DACs. Tidal is currently releasing an update to their own app to do that, by the way.

The Qobuz app for Windows is consistently improving however.

I for the same reason I am using Bubble upnp

5 hours ago, loop7 said:

About 10 apps updated the other day on my Pixel 3 XL and battery performance has taken a dive.

I am 90% certain this is not a Qobuz issue but wanted to ask if anyone else had battery drain after the most recent Android app update? I love Qobuz too much to consider a change.

Maybe it was just my turn to get a silent update pushed from Google to perpetuate the consumer purchase cycle.

#righttorepair  #cynical

Apps that updated before battery issue:

American Express

Audirvana

Bank of America

Blue Mail

Google Home

PLEX

Progressive

Qobuz

I have to say it'll be Qobuz. When my 6.xx was installed killed battery. Rolled back and all good now.

On 7/9/2021 at 5:03 PM, Mark Dirac said:

sloppy design practices which is endemic in most of the software branch of the engineering profession

Sloppy application design is what you get from cowboy coders - you can't really call those professional software engineers.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox