IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Sorry.

I think I will have to play around a little bit more. Right now my DAC shows 24/192 regardless of what resolution I am playing back using Qobuz (without JRiver displying anything). It is as if I am upsampling everything to 24/192. I will be back with my own thread when I have fiddled a little more in depth.

Caps V3 music player.

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

You've selected the Nuforce as your output device?

ASIO or WASAPI?

What happens?

I have selected spif out (Nuforce async) - Wasapi as the output. The music is 16/44.1 and my DAC displays 192 khz.

Caps V3 music player.

On 4/25/2021 at 9:23 AM, RBO said:

I have emailed Qobuz about the Connect function and was told there is not ETA for this. Currently I can stream Qobuz to my NAD M10 via AirPlay but it's a bit of an inconvenience to always have to change the audio source output in macOS settings when using the desktop app. It's easier when streaming from the iPhone Qobuz app. 

Tidal has a connect function for my streamer, however, it's rather buggy and has a mind of its own :) Valid for both macOS and iPhone apps. 

I run both services through Roon and it's a breeze but can appreciate some many not want to spend money on Roon. 

You are aware that there is a "native" Qobuz app on BluOS?

2 hours ago, johnfryett said:

You are aware that there is a "native" Qobuz app on BluOS?

There is only one method which is native. That is using Qobuz’s app itself. Anything else including Roon, Mconnect, BlueOS, etc doesn’t fall under the native category. 

Spotify Connect and Tidal connect are the only native method for the respective services. Everything else is 3rd party and 3rd party no matter how good they are they just can’t be good enough compared to native. 

On 4/21/2021 at 11:53 AM, RBO said:

Thanks again for pointing it out. Was really bugging me! :) As for the photo, am not really bothered and was merely curious if I was doing something wrong. 

Been doing a lot of reading on here (especially on the Qobuz features requests thread) and I can tell they are rather proactive in dealing with their customers and support appears to be good. 

As for Tidal, I am still currently running it side by side with Qobuz and do prefer Qobuz. Although I hope at some point Qobuz will implement some rather handy features currently present in competitors. I would love to see Qobuz not list all artist releases grouped together as opposed to competitors doing this by category - albums, singles, ep and compilations.

Hi,

The user photo is actually remove and will be change by the user's initials.

Displaying artist content in category is in progress and will arrive, this summer, I think.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 4/20/2021 at 12:00 AM, RBO said:

If this has been asked and answered, I apologise. Cannot find it myself :) 

Is there a way for a tracks not to be automatically played in full screen mode? Bit annoying having to minimise the playing now screen when browsing.

Hi,

Yes, in the application settings. Interface

Line : open player in full screen

image.thumb.png.b9cb54f33097bd68f05bdf328f897edd.png

Hello,

just signed up to vent about the windows app.

I’ve been a subscriber for about a year and a half.

this latest version of the windows app is a serious step back on the high cpu usage problem that has been there since the start.  The latest version now available, I can’t really stream high res with the app minimized...it starts with the dropouts/distortion.

the one prior to the current one, the one that had the dark mode, too, was the best in terms of low cpu usage!  A couple days ago, I started Qobuz and it said there was an update, I downloaded it, and now I’m back to frustration.

please, please, fix the app!!  I don’t get it.  Can you not add some kind of stripped down, low cpu mode without all the superfluous graphics?

i run it on a laptop with nothing on it but Qobuz and my dac drivers.  I tried another computer last night...it just froze...way worse.  I’m on win7.

is there any way to get the slightly older version back?

so frustrated...

sound quality is great, though, very happy with sound, and the iOS app, too, although I don’t do hires on that.

2 hours ago, Phillip Jeffries said:

i run it on a laptop with nothing on it but Qobuz and my dac drivers.  I tried another computer last night...it just froze...way worse.  I’m on win7.

For the sake of conversation, could you explain your reasoning for continued use of Windows 7.  A legacy OS for which mass support has ended.  Though I agree it was a high point of the M$ releases.  The world and modern computing have moved on to a degree tech support "venting" when new programs freeze is a bit underinformed in my opinion.  :)

If this is a computing power/memory/hardware concern.  I can assure you it need not be for your dedicated audio laptop.  Any number of people here could give you concise instructions on how to effect the move to W10.  Just as a wakeup call I'm going to remind you M$ is already ending support for early versions of W10 and has a new OS in the wings.  I feel safe saying Qobuz app will work in the environment being depicted for you to move to.  

Please feel free to contact me outside this thread to keep it on topic.  Or do your own research (Hint: Single language X86/X64 1809 or thereabouts in the version chain dependent on make and model of laptop).

1 hour ago, rando said:

For the sake of conversation, could you explain your reasoning for continued use of Windows 7.  A legacy OS for which mass support has ended.  Though I agree it was a high point of the M$ releases.  The world and modern computing have moved on to a degree tech support "venting" when new programs freeze is a bit underinformed in my opinion.  :)

If this is a computing power/memory/hardware concern.  I can assure you it need not be for your dedicated audio laptop.  Any number of people here could give you concise instructions on how to effect the move to W10.  Just as a wakeup call I'm going to remind you M$ is already ending support for early versions of W10 and has a new OS in the wings.  I feel safe saying Qobuz app will work in the environment being depicted for you to move to.  

Please feel free to contact me outside this thread to keep it on topic.  Or do your own research (Hint: Single language X86/X64 1809 or thereabouts in the version chain dependent on make and model of laptop).

hello,

thanks for your thoughts.

before I explain my reasoning for using win 7, can you explain why Qobuz, when simply playing back a song, uses 2%-10% of resources, minimized and then jumps to 70-100% with the app open?

i don’t see how moving to a more bloated os is going to do anything but aggravate that situation running superfluous spyware, etc.  the win7 media player can play back a file without clearing every program off the computer and using the majority of resources...it would make more sense to upgrade the cpu...but then...how powerful does it need to be?  It’s like having a car that can only go a couple miles on a tank of gas knowing every other car can go much much farther and being told I should just buy a bigger gas tank.

i thought this was the Qobuz issues thread, so I think I’m on topic with my cpu usage issue.  The research I’ve done, is that others have had the same problem, and on win10, too.  I can do more research, but I don’t understand your suggestion.

9 hours ago, Phillip Jeffries said:

i don’t see how moving to a more bloated os is going to do anything but aggravate that situation running superfluous spyware, etc.  the win7 media player can play back a file without clearing every program off the computer and using the majority of resources...it would make more sense to upgrade the cpu...but then...how powerful does it need to be?

Again conversationally.  Windows as an OS stood firm on their business leaning design aspects while iOS ramped up the media and design features.  W7 implements almost no modern programming or widely accepted protocols for media usage.  W10 is at least slightly better and is nearing EOL (meaning by this point it's pretty simple to clean out/block from calling home especially if you start off without unneeded language packs).  What I was trying to get across is you can load W10 on your current laptop and it will work better!  With no hardware changes to realize greater efficiency and a raft of other improvements that allow it run on lower powered computers.  Ever heard of California, C states, Green appliances... get the point.

Again, feel free to contact me outside this thread or do your own research.  I can't answer for Qobuz, technical reasons for app processor cycles, but I can direct you towards solving some of the issues you are experiencing.  

On 5/1/2021 at 7:23 PM, livepinkfloyd said:

@David Craff - I've noticed that in my playlists of 999 tracks the # of songs indicator in the lower right icon states 740? Am I missing the playing of 259 tracks in the shuffle? Thx!

q.jpg

Hi,

Check is all the track are available for listening. Grey track can be only sample or no right to listen. Track with sample will be add, track without right for listening will be not add.

Regards

On 4/27/2021 at 10:17 AM, RBO said:

Newbie question - when scrolling through releases (any), every time I hit the back button to come out of one, I am being taken to the top of the list. Is this normal behaviour or am I missing something? 

Wondering if anyone any thoughts on this?

Hi I accidentally posted this else where @dmackta & @ David Craff: Kuddos to Qobuz— as a goof I searched for Rhino Records and Qobuz gave me nearly ALL their releases just pages and pages... did the same on TIDAL and got zero nada ziltch nice job guys and girl’s bobbmd 

3 minutes ago, left channel said:

This has been discussed in this thread or the feature request thread or on another forum, I don't remember which, but the response was they understand that's annoying and it's on their list to improve.

Cheers for this.