IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Favorite Limits. Although there are no limits officially from Qobuz the latest Windows rev stops working with a large favorite list (5,000+). This continues to be the fact. Qobuz is aware of this and promises a fix in the next rev. Web player also chokes on a list of this size 95% of the time. I continue to patiently wait for this fix since this is the best audiophile streaming service in existence. I've tried them all Tidal comes in a distant second in SQ. I've learned that those of us who have spent considerable time and money amassing a library of this size will not lose the lists created if they cancel the streaming service but not the account profile. I've chosen to continue to subscribe to the streaming even thought I can't use it. I want to support the company as it goes thru growing pains. Can't do it forever but I want to give them a chance to get it right. I have yet to see another user mention this same problem - if you do have 5,000+ favorites and use the Win10 app I'd appreciate hearing about your experience. Thx! 

5 hours ago, livepinkfloyd said:

Favorite Limits. Although there are no limits officially from Qobuz the latest Windows rev stops working with a large favorite list (5,000+). This continues to be the fact. Qobuz is aware of this and promises a fix in the next rev. Web player also chokes on a list of this size 95% of the time. I continue to patiently wait for this fix since this is the best audiophile streaming service in existence. I've tried them all Tidal comes in a distant second in SQ. I've learned that those of us who have spent considerable time and money amassing a library of this size will not lose the lists created if they cancel the streaming service but not the account profile. I've chosen to continue to subscribe to the streaming even thought I can't use it. I want to support the company as it goes thru growing pains. Can't do it forever but I want to give them a chance to get it right. I have yet to see another user mention this same problem - if you do have 5,000+ favorites and use the Win10 app I'd appreciate hearing about your experience. Thx! 

I would of tested the favorites limit by now but I haven’t been able to as I have been waiting for 6-9 months after numerous requests for Qobuz to get certain albums in it’s catalog that the other services have had for a long time now. I don’t understand why Qobuz wouldn’t already have these albums because they are on the same label as the other titles they already do have from the same artists.? For example the band The Donnas albums are all on Purple Feather Records. Qobuz must have a license for Purple Feather Records because Qobuz has all of The Donnas albums available except for three of them whereas Spotify and Tidal have all of The Donnas albums available. Same goes for a couple of albums and singles from the band a-ha, among other albums/artists. Seems odd as to why unless somehow they got lost in the ingestion stage but I’ve been requesting them like I said for quite a while now so you would think they would of tracked them down by now.@dmackta Any idea? Thanks.

2 hours ago, Stereo said:

I would of tested the favorites limit by now but I haven’t been able to as I have been waiting for 6-9 months after numerous requests for Qobuz to get certain albums in it’s catalog that the other services have had for a long time now. I don’t understand why Qobuz wouldn’t already have these albums because they are on the same label as the other titles they already do have from the same artists.? For example the band The Donnas albums are all on Purple Feather Records. Qobuz must have a license for Purple Feather Records because Qobuz has all of The Donnas albums available except for three of them whereas Spotify and Tidal have all of The Donnas albums available. Same goes for a couple of albums and singles from the band a-ha, among other albums/artists. Seems odd as to why unless somehow they got lost in the ingestion stage but I’ve been requesting them like I said for quite a while now so you would think they would of tracked them down by now.@dmackta Any idea? Thanks.

I think the issue of right is a lot more complicated than we assume. It also can vary from country to country, and I think even from the songs within an album in some cases.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Was was able to signup for Qobuz successfully (Qobuz finally available in Australia), woohoo 🙌.

Tried to transfer my music from Tidal to Qobuz from within the Soundiiz app, though received an error in the form of a blue banner message in top of display within the Soundiiz app:

"QOBUZ API is under maintenance (they are working on it), we recommend you to try again later this week to use QOBUZ on Soundiiz".

Hopefully the Qobuz API will be fixed soon, I am keen to transfer my music favourites across to Qobuz (and get rid of Tidal).

Speaker : iPhone 6S Plus > UpTone Audio USB Regen (x2) > Benchmark DAC1 Pre > Pass Labs INT-30A > Focal Micro Utopia BE

Headphone : Auralic Aries > Auralic Gemini 2000 > Audeze LCD-X

Power & Tweaks : Heaps of Balanced & Isolation Power supplies, Dedicated Line, Vinnie Rossi MINI PURE-DC-4EVR, HD-Plex LPSU, iFi Audio DC iPurifiers, DIY Resonance/Vibration platforms using Townshend Audio Seismic Isolation Pods

Just now, Duke40 said:

Qobuz finally available in Australia

This is great news!  

Level headed comparisons with the US/EU catalogs should be interesting given the amount of artists present on your Continent who are less well represented elsewhere.

Also I expect the crossed wires will get sorted out fairly soon allowing you to transfer your data over.   

8 minutes ago, rando said:

This is great news!  

Yes it is ... great news indeed 😀.  

Maintenance on an API is a first world problem, and Im just keen to compare the catalogue VS what is on Tidal.

Though the great thing is that Qobuz is finally here in OZ. Very good times!

Been super keen to get Qobuz, especially since watching a recent podcast of David Craff having a chat with Mike from Roon, the podcast was nearly 2 hours long, though it was very evident that there is a genuine love of music from both people/companies.

Speaker : iPhone 6S Plus > UpTone Audio USB Regen (x2) > Benchmark DAC1 Pre > Pass Labs INT-30A > Focal Micro Utopia BE

Headphone : Auralic Aries > Auralic Gemini 2000 > Audeze LCD-X

Power & Tweaks : Heaps of Balanced & Isolation Power supplies, Dedicated Line, Vinnie Rossi MINI PURE-DC-4EVR, HD-Plex LPSU, iFi Audio DC iPurifiers, DIY Resonance/Vibration platforms using Townshend Audio Seismic Isolation Pods

15 hours ago, Duke40 said:

Was was able to signup for Qobuz successfully (Qobuz finally available in Australia), woohoo 🙌.

Tried to transfer my music from Tidal to Qobuz from within the Soundiiz app, though received an error in the form of a blue banner message in top of display within the Soundiiz app:

"QOBUZ API is under maintenance (they are working on it), we recommend you to try again later this week to use QOBUZ on Soundiiz".

Hopefully the Qobuz API will be fixed soon, I am keen to transfer my music favourites across to Qobuz (and get rid of Tidal).

Hi

Sorry for the maintenance, this must be done today.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 4/8/2021 at 8:36 AM, David Craff said:

Hi,

The scroll position memory is currently rework. This will be available in the next version.

Regards

Hi @David Craff

On a similar point, are there any plans to support "play from" in the Qobuz desktop app (I use macOS) when playing a track from (but not at the beginning of) a playlist? This applies by default in the Sonos and Naim applications when I play partway down a Qobuz playlist, would be great functionality in the desktop app as I use that when working from home.

All the best

19 hours ago, sgoldswo said:

Hi @David Craff

On a similar point, are there any plans to support "play from" in the Qobuz desktop app (I use macOS) when playing a track from (but not at the beginning of) a playlist? This applies by default in the Sonos and Naim applications when I play partway down a Qobuz playlist, would be great functionality in the desktop app as I use that when working from home.

All the best

Hi,

On the desktop application, when you click on a title (e.g. the title in third position) the playlist will start playing on that title and go to the last track in the playlist. Does this meet your request?

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

43 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

On the desktop application, when you click on a title (e.g. the title in third position) the playlist will start playing on that title and go to the last track in the playlist. Does this meet your request?

Regards

Thank you @David Craff, I see why I was confused, your suggestion works fine if you view a playlist as "sort by tracks" but doesn't work if you view a playlist as "Display as Release List" or "Display as Grid" (it simply plays the song you click on). It's great there is a workaround and thank you very much for responding. As a lower priority, It might be worth making the behaviour consistent between views or flagging it in FAQ to avoid confusion.

@David Craff apologies if this has been mentioned before (I searched but didn't find anyone mentioning it). I have the latest Android app and I use it with Android Auto very often. Recently the album listing in "My fav albums" has been changed to display/sort by performing artist names of the album, which messed up with my almost classical music collection. Is there anyway to change it back to display/sort by album name?

Screenshot (2021年4月16日 15_57_10).png

22 minutes ago, leafy said:

@David Craff apologies if this has been mentioned before (I searched but didn't find anyone mentioning it). I have the latest Android app and I use it with Android Auto very often. Recently the album listing in "My fav albums" has been changed to display/sort by performing artist names of the album, which messed up with my almost classical music collection. Is there anyway to change it back to display/sort by album name?

Screenshot (2021年4月16日 15_57_10).png

What happens when you tap the AZ (in blue) - do you not get the choice of arrange by added date or album or artist?

15 hours ago, jaynyc said:

What is the best place to report issues with the Qobuz search function?  

Here, apparently although a week ago I asked the same question directly to Qobuz support and the response was there is no official forum but they're working on one. Report here and hope for the best?

I don’t know if this is an API question, a question for Lumin or Quboz. 

I started my subscription with Quboz. It works excellent except that I have an issue with sorting favourites in Lumin U1 Mini. The appear to sort in a random order. I want them to be sorted in alphabetic order by Artist followed by Album Titel. This works with my own files but not with the favourites I selected in Lumin.

Is there a solution to this?

If this has been asked and answered, I apologise. Cannot find it myself :) 

Is there a way for a tracks not to be automatically played in full screen mode? Bit annoying having to minimise the playing now screen when browsing.

14 hours ago, RBO said:

If this has been asked and answered, I apologise. Cannot find it myself :) 

Is there a way for a tracks not to be automatically played in full screen mode? Bit annoying having to minimise the playing now screen when browsing.

PC/Mac/phone? Using Qobuz app or via browser?

On 4/13/2021 at 3:35 PM, David Craff said:

Hi

Sorry for the maintenance, this must be done today.

Regards

Sorry, but we music lovers in Singapore are still waiting for years to sign up with Qobuz.  Your server did a remarkable job rejecting all our attempts to subscribe to your service all these years.  Great job!

When will Qobuz be available in Singapore?

(Audio)