IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Hi, been away for a while, so I'd like updates on two following topic:

- uPnP support: when will windows and android app support this?

- Chromecast handler: no news here? When streaming they Chromecast vine still does not work on either windows and Android app

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Wafubloke said:

Excellent news. Kinda fed up of having to pay for Roon and not going near Audirvana’s new Studio thingy.

Don't be too impatient, as I said we have prioritized being able to broadcast Qobuz on a wider choice of devices but it will take time. We will start with a study and then the developments. I hope it will happen quickly, but no date can be announced at the moment.

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

3 minutes ago, BrownMagic said:

Hi David

Will this need to go through any certification from hardware manufactures like in the case of Tidal Connect. Or will this work on existing devices which support DLNA/UPNP? 

Thanks

It is too early to answer this question as it will be a study at this time. Sorry

On 4/27/2021 at 9:00 PM, Rosewind said:

Sorry.

I think I will have to play around a little bit more. Right now my DAC shows 24/192 regardless of what resolution I am playing back using Qobuz (without JRiver displying anything). It is as if I am upsampling everything to 24/192. I will be back with my own thread when I have fiddled a little more in depth.

Ok. Problems solved after faffing about wirh an Audirvana 3.5 trial where Qobuz integrated beautifully. Then as I was about to pay for Audirvana 3.5 I heard that Audirvana Studio was about to happen. So I had to think and then I could not access the payment link for Audirvana. So ... a rethink was in order.

Tried to get an odd Japanese player to work. Then I decided to update from JRiver 23 to 27/28 and ... lo and behold, I now have both JRiver and Qobuz runming without Asio/Wasapi driver conflicts. Am I happy? Yes!

Caps V3 music player.

I added Crosby Still Nash & Young new Deja Vu 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition to my favorites. In the Qobuz app for Windows (which I never use because it continues to be unable to stream files above 96kHz) it gives the album resolution as 24-bit 44.1kHz, and in Audirvana (which I use all the time to stream Qobuz music) the player displays the track resolution as 24-bit 96kHz, yet in both Qobuz app and Audirvana my DAC shows the stream to be 192kHz. Odd... Sounds great, though!

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

On 5/22/2021 at 5:17 PM, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

I added Crosby Still Nash & Young new Deja Vu 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition to my favorites. In the Qobuz app for Windows (which I never use because it continues to be unable to stream files above 96kHz) it gives the album resolution as 24-bit 44.1kHz, and in Audirvana (which I use all the time to stream Qobuz music) the player displays the track resolution as 24-bit 96kHz, yet in both Qobuz app and Audirvana my DAC shows the stream to be 192kHz. Odd... Sounds great, though!

Just checked on my Windows Qobuz app and it shows stream play at 24/192 but the album indicates 24/44.1. It does sound good though!
In Windows webplayer it shows album and stream play both at 24/192.

2021-05-24_120816_cr.jpg

2021-05-24_121138_cr.jpg

On 5/12/2021 at 12:11 PM, David Craff said:

A new version of the Google Cast receiver is available. Our applications will connect on this new version soon. Hope that all issues will be fixed in the same time.

Do we have to expect an update for both win and android?

10 hours ago, thegios said:

Do we have to expect an update for both win and android?

Yes every Qobuz app will migrate to this new version. Desktop application will be connect on the next version schedule for june.

Regards

On 4/29/2021 at 12:15 PM, BrownMagic said:

There is only one method which is native. That is using Qobuz’s app itself. Anything else including Roon, Mconnect, BlueOS, etc doesn’t fall under the native category. 

Spotify Connect and Tidal connect are the only native method for the respective services. Everything else is 3rd party and 3rd party no matter how good they are they just can’t be good enough compared to native. 

Not my understanding of the term "native" - I take it to refer to the hardware rather than the application. So, for example, BluOS has a native Qobuz implementation whereas Pioneer does not. But we can agree to differ on that. My point (as I think you know) was exactly that.

Just installed the latest iOS version and when it loads batches of albums (favs or new issues), the background turns white as if I'm using the standard mode (I use dark mode).

Is it a known issue? Will it be fixed soon? These things are annoying, I can't believe no one catches them before release...

On 5/28/2021 at 7:08 AM, maramara said:

2nd issue found: in the lock screen the >> button for next song is greyed out even if there is a next song to play in an album (not the last one).

I have sent your feedback to the mobile team.

Regards

On 5/29/2021 at 10:41 PM, AnotherSpin said:

Okay, so there are two guys bearing the same name... but that white guy is not the same musician as the one who made all those great jazz recordings that are shown on the artist page.

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel