IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Hello ! 

I saw that a new version is out for android, v6.1.0.2

Is it safe to update to that? 

I am currently on 5.20.0.1

I tried the 6.0.1.7 but ran into many issues. Downloads were slow, and there are many errors with importing tracks.

Switched back to v5.20.0.1 and everything works fine again, speedy downloads and no errors at all in importing my entire library of playlists. 

I'm running Qobuz on my iBasso DX300.

7 hours ago, alpha Q said:

Hello ! 

I saw that a new version is out for android, v6.1.0.2

Is it safe to update to that? 

I am currently on 5.20.0.1

I tried the 6.0.1.7 but ran into many issues. Downloads were slow, and there are many errors with importing tracks.

Switched back to v5.20.0.1 and everything works fine again, speedy downloads and no errors at all in importing my entire library of playlists. 

I'm running Qobuz on my iBasso DX300.

Hi, I am not 100% fine with 6.1.0.2. I encountered some issues myself. Yes, HiRes does play now. But there are issues left.

Regarding what you encountered with 6.0.1.7: I have to admit I did not test imports or downloads. SO YOUR OBSERVATIONS ARE VERY VALUABLE. May I propose to you to install and test 6.1.0.2 thoroughly and report your findings here. That would be really helpful.

We, @DarginMahkum and myself are in contact with the Qobuz Android team and help by testing and reporting directly. We have pointed their lead developer to this thread in general, and we point out particular reports to them. I already pointed out your post above, and will mention to them further feedback from your side and others.

We need to be aware that HiRes streaming on a DAP is like a niche within a niche, i.e. lossless streaming within all streaming, and DAPs amongst all devices. Thus we DAP users need to raise our voices as loud and clear as possible, with a lot of attitude and focus.

Thank you anyway, @alpha Q, and in particular if you would go ahead and test / report on the current Qobuz Android App version.

15 hours ago, 111MilesToGo said:

Hi, I am not 100% fine with 6.1.0.2. I encountered some issues myself. Yes, HiRes does play now. But there are issues left.

Regarding what you encountered with 6.0.1.7: I have to admit I did not test imports or downloads. SO YOUR OBSERVATIONS ARE VERY VALUABLE. May I propose to you to install and test 6.1.0.2 thoroughly and report your findings here. That would be really helpful.

We, @DarginMahkum and myself are in contact with the Qobuz Android team and help by testing and reporting directly. We have pointed their lead developer to this thread in general, and we point out particular reports to them. I already pointed out your post above, and will mention to them further feedback from your side and others.

We need to be aware that HiRes streaming on a DAP is like a niche within a niche, i.e. lossless streaming within all streaming, and DAPs amongst all devices. Thus we DAP users need to raise our voices as loud and clear as possible, with a lot of attitude and focus.

Thank you anyway, @alpha Q, and in particular if you would go ahead and test / report on the current Qobuz Android App version.

I have tried out 6.1.0.2, and here is what i observe.

It is more reliable than 6.0.1.7, but download speed is inconsistent. There are still some errors on importing tracks, but not as common as 6.0.1.7.

Hi Res playback is okay, issues only remain with importing tracks. 

I ran these tests on multiple devices this time, on my iBasso DX300 and a Huawei Mate 10 Pro.

6 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This is a bummer. Track 4 on this album is a sample only, in Qobuz. Tidal has the whole thing. Strange. 

36DDC708-0B81-46B6-9783-C1ED91EBC770.png

I’ve seen this as well with another album or two I can’t remember what they were though. Something Qobuz needs to look into and step up their game in their next round of negotiations with the labels to fix. An update on where they are with getting Bob Seger’s catalog would also be helpful. I don’t understand why it is taking so long. They have been negotiating with him for 2-3 YEARS now!! Qobuz is also missing the following titles that are all on Spotify:

Amerie - 4AM Mulholland (Feeniix Rising Entertainment)

Amerie - After 4AM (Feeniix Rising Entertainment)

Amerie - Curious (Feeniix Rising Entertainment)

Amerie - A Heart’s For The Breaking (Feeniix Rising Entertainment)

Laura Branigan - Hold Me (Warner Music Group - X5 Music Group)

Laura Branigan - The Complete Atlantic Albums (Warner Music Group - X5 Music Group)

The Donnas - The Donnas (Purple Feather Records)

The Donnas - American Teenage Rock ‘n’ Roll Machine (Purple Feather Records)

The Donnas - The Donnas Turn 21 (Purple Feather Records)

Eddie Murphy - How Could It Be (Sony Music Entertainment Inc.)

Ric Ocasek - Beatitude (Geffen Records)

Ric Ocasek - Nexterday (No Label Listed)

The Pool - Dance It Down / Jamaica Running (Dark Entries Records)

Ratt - Rarities (Deadline Records)

Real Steel (Original a motion Picture Soundtrack) - The whole album is available on Spotify but some tracks are sample only in Qobuz

Rossington Collins Band - This Is The Way (Geffen Records)

Whitesnake - Live In The Heart Of The City (Mirage Records / Unidisc Music Inc.)

Whitesnake - Ready An’ Willing (Mirage Records / Unidisc Music Inc.)

Whitesnake - Come An’ Get It (Mirage Records / Unidisc Music Inc.)

Whitesnake - Forevermore (Radar Records)

What doesn’t make sense is all of the Donnas titles (entire catalog) are on the same label (Purple Feather Records) so why would Qobuz be missing the three I listed yet have all their other titles? The other artist’s  albums are on different labels but still Spotify has them all.

Spotify also has all of Good Sleepy’s older albums where Qobuz only has the latest album and singles from it.

Good Sleepy - Rest Easy (855063 Records DK)

Good Sleepy - Okay With The Way It Is, As Is (3rd Row Records)

Good Sleepy - Dessert Before Dinner (3rd Row Records)

I wish Qobuz would get a complete set of tracks for Pere Ubu's The Modern Dance in hi-res. I purchased the album in November 2020 and notified them of the issue that what is listed as track 5 is actually a repeat of track 4. Still the files have not been corrected. Wondering at this point if it will ever happen...

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

6 minutes ago, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

I wish Qobuz would get a complete set of tracks for Pere Ubu's The Modern Dance in hi-res. I purchased the album in November 2020 and notified them of the issue that what is listed as track 5 is actually a repeat of track 4. Still the files have not been corrected. Wondering at this point if it will ever happen...

Whom did you notify? I'm getting this fixed asap. 

25 minutes ago, dmackta said:

I sent a support request to [email protected]. On 11/30/2020 I received this email response:

Qobuz | Your request number 00154440 [ ref:_00D58JmCx._5006N1AKOi:ref ]

Hi,

Thanks for contacting Qobuz’s support. I hope you’re doing well in these topsy-turvy times. I’m happy to help. Due to the Thanksgiving and Native American Heritage Holidays this week, we might be a little slow getting back to you. I apologize in advance for any support delays you experience. Thank you for your patience.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I have requested a corrected version of this release from our supply department. They will, in turn, order it from the label in question. The updated version will replace your purchase.

I’ll be back in touch when we have received the redelivery. As is this is down to the record company, I cannot provide you with a timeline at this moment. Thanks for understanding.

Does this help? Don’t hesitate to let us know if you spot anything else.

Regards,
Sébastien from Qobuz

Yes, I would say that they are "a little slow" getting back to me.

I might add that I tried purchasing the same album in hi-res from a different site (7digital maybe? I forget) and it had the same issue as the Qobuz download (which is seen in the Qobuz streaming version as well). The other store I purchased it from refunded my payment but Qobuz informed me that they offer no refunds on any downloaded music, even when there are defects in the files. I just gotta wait for the label or corporate supplier of these files to get it fixed.

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

2 hours ago, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

If Dan fixes it you’re lucky. I’ve been trying to get Spotify to do the same thing to The Singles 1984-2004 by a-ha. They duplicated the titles to tracks 11 and 13. Track 11 is correct but track 13 plays a different song as it should but the title is wrong. No other service from what I’ve seen has this problem they all have the correct info. Contacted Spotify multiple times and it’s been over a year now. Even contacted Rhino. They both email me back saying they agree yet no one has done their job yet. Pathetic!!

2 hours ago, dmackta said:

Dan while you are correcting that could you please fix the following: https://open.qobuz.com/track/47256061

The correct title of the song is What ‘Cha Doin’ To Me and not What ‘Cah Doin’ To Me.

Also tracks 11, 13 and 14 are wrong on this album http://open.qobuz.com/album/vkypz3b58pfjb Don’t know if the tracks or the titles are wrong for this particular album but they definitely don’t match up. Thanks.

I have an issue with my android tablet (Lenovo Tab M8). When running USB Audio Player Pro and Qobuz within it, it only sees about 25% of my "Favorites". It will see all the SD/Folders music fine, but only a small pct of the Qobuz titles. When I scroll it hits bottom and re-locates midway somewhere. i thought it was a loading problem, but no matter how long I wait for refresh, still just certain Titles, and the same ones each time. I see them all on my Bluesound Node2. Or on the Qobuz app, w/o USB Audio Player Pro. What could this be? Thanks....

13 hours ago, markmosk said:

I have an issue with my android tablet (Lenovo Tab M8). When running USB Audio Player Pro and Qobuz within it, it only sees about 25% of my "Favorites". It will see all the SD/Folders music fine, but only a small pct of the Qobuz titles. When I scroll it hits bottom and re-locates midway somewhere. i thought it was a loading problem, but no matter how long I wait for refresh, still just certain Titles, and the same ones each time. I see them all on my Bluesound Node2. Or on the Qobuz app, w/o USB Audio Player Pro. What could this be? Thanks....

I think this is an issue with UAPP. Please consider reporting it to the UAPP developer, cf. the bug report links from Google Play, or the extreamsd website, or the About infos within the app. Thanks in advance. Actually, this is a good time to report UAPP bugs and issues, since a new version reportedly is under construction.

On 8/13/2021 at 2:39 PM, maramara said:

Anyone else having the latest app version for iOS crashing often while playing? It's already 3 times in the past hour for me.

I've already rebooted the phone with the "hard reset" method.

It crashes, it glitches, and often just refuses to play some tracks. Then it gets itself all out of sync with track names and what is playing. It’s not just me or one device with this either.

It’s good with Roon, but otherwise a disaster these days. I never used to have these issues - which is doubly frustrating as they have not come along with any substantial change in features.

I ended up sat in the car for 5-10 minutes the other day, for what should have been 5-10 seconds to play a favourite album. I’m about to give up on it if it doesn’t get fixed soon.

Guess we all feel that a comment by Qobuz Officials is required. There is a flood of issues and bugs these days, across most (at least Android and iOS) or all (plus Windows) platforms. There were hints across the web that record companies currently are asking for more and improved piracy protection by the streaming sites - ”asking“ to be read as ”forcing“. It would be good to read whether such efforts are indeed going on and are responsible for a sizable portion of the glitches. And of course it would be nice to read that such problems will be resolved in due course.

49 minutes ago, 111MilesToGo said:

hints across the web that record companies currently are asking for more and improved piracy protection by the streaming sites - ”asking“ to be read as ”forcing“.

I'm not clear on what gear all this is about but I guess it is when people only use laptops or phones as their main equipment, or? I do so as well in my garden and in my car where I connect my phone (Sony Experìa 10 Android v11) over bluetooth for background music. So far not a single issue.

When talking to my friends that mainly stream over Lumïn, Aries, dCS, Innous, Marantz (with or without Roon) they have not experienced any drawbacks either. So I can't help thinking if there are special combinations with gear that are problematic. Or could it be that those brands I mention have extra features with "piracy protection"? If so I think we should be informed from the record companies and the streaming industry. If it is a new attempt of conspiracy theory and fake news, this should be condemned.

28 minutes ago, Ropet said:

I'm not clear on what gear all this is about but I guess it is when people only use laptops or phones as their main equipment, or? I do so as well in my garden and in my car where I connect my phone (Sony Experìa 10 Android v11) over bluetooth for background music. So far not a single issue.

As I say, Roon is fine. My issue is with iPhone 10 (and I know others with later iPhones that are the same) - that playing back in the car is a big use case for me, and surely most other people on streaming platforms.

It may be something to do with the connection speed. If you have blazing internet wherever you use it, then I agree that my problems have been fewer (still some, especially crashing, though). However, if the track is only buffering at maybe only 2-3x playback speed, then it will often refuse to play. Put it this way, if I drive a particular route, maybe there is patchy 4G, Tidal and Spotify will play continuously at MP3 quality, no issues at all. Qobuz (also set to MP3) playback will break at some point. Once this happens, it won't playback again, even if I hit play again later with good data or WiFi. Even if I skip around till it does start playing, it'll start saying certain tracks unavailable, getting out of sync with listed vs playing, etc. I have never had this with Tidal or Spotify, and makes it more or less unusable in the car.

On 8/18/2021 at 8:25 AM, 111MilesToGo said:

Guess we all feel that a comment by Qobuz Officials is required. There is a flood of issues and bugs these days, across most (at least Android and iOS) or all (plus Windows) platforms. There were hints across the web that record companies currently are asking for more and improved piracy protection by the streaming sites - ”asking“ to be read as ”forcing“. It would be good to read whether such efforts are indeed going on and are responsible for a sizable portion of the glitches. And of course it would be nice to read that such problems will be resolved in due course.

23 hours ago, Ropet said:

When talking to my friends that mainly stream over Lumïn, Aries, dCS, Innous, Marantz (with or without Roon) they have not experienced any drawbacks either. So I can't help thinking if there are special combinations with gear that are problematic. Or could it be that those brands I mention have extra features with "piracy protection"? If so I think we should be informed from the record companies and the streaming industry. If it is a new attempt of conspiracy theory and fake news, this should be condemned.

23 hours ago, RedSwede said:

As I say, Roon is fine. My issue is with iPhone 10 (and I know others with later iPhones that are the same) - that playing back in the car is a big use case for me, and surely most other people on streaming platforms.

It may be something to do with the connection speed. If you have blazing internet wherever you use it, then I agree that my problems have been fewer (still some, especially crashing, though). However, if the track is only buffering at maybe only 2-3x playback speed, then it will often refuse to play. Put it this way, if I drive a particular route, maybe there is patchy 4G, Tidal and Spotify will play continuously at MP3 quality, no issues at all. Qobuz (also set to MP3) playback will break at some point. Once this happens, it won't playback again, even if I hit play again later with good data or WiFi. Even if I skip around till it does start playing, it'll start saying certain tracks unavailable, getting out of sync with listed vs playing, etc. I have never had this with Tidal or Spotify, and makes it more or less unusable in the car.

Actually, it was quite obvious that many new glitches occurred when the original Qobuz apps for the various platforms went from version 5.x to version 6. Nothing related to our audio or network connectivity gear, which most of us presumably did not change at that time (I didn‘t for sure). As mentioned above, Roon with Qobuz integration continued to work as fine as before, and I found this to hold as well for UAPP with Qobuz integration on Android.

On 8/18/2021 at 1:25 AM, 111MilesToGo said:

On the subject of piracy, there are quite a few piracy protection companies-MUSO and Audiolock for example that do a decent job of negating and taking down pirated content (no I don't work for either).  The only thing that worries me is MQA which can be used in a fashion that's like DRM. I prefer my music in bit perfect FLAC, DXD, or DSD, not the MQA "folded" format.  If the audio world gets in a war with the hackers and pirates only the hackers will win and everyone else will suffer. No matter what kind of copy protection that's developed someone will devise a method of bypassing it. That's already been proven over and over for video and gaming.  Even in our world the SACD format which was originally uncopiable can be ripped. 

5 hours ago, OldHardwareTech said:

No matter what kind of copy protection that's developed someone will devise a method of bypassing it.

Auralic has already done this in their Aries serie. They call MQA high resolution of compressed MP3. They have no agreement with MQA but offer unfoldning their own way. I guess it is only the first fold like Roon.