IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Something new: I've just had an email from Qobuz called 'My Year with Qobuz'. It purports to tell me what I've listened to this year. Of my Top Five, I have indeed listened to Igor Levit in third place quite a lot, as I heard his complete Beethoven Sonata set. And in first place, Lou Reed, well I did listen to New York a couple of times - but nothing near to the claimed 737 minutes. And in second place, Pere Ubu for 583 minutes - no, I haven't listened to him at all. Nor to Can in fourth place allegedly for 429 minutes, no. Nor The Legendary Pink Dots, apparently in fifth for 419 minutes. Nope. I also apparently listened for 1.570 minutes on September 30th 'my all time record'. As there are only 1,440 minutes in a day, and I have a single account, I wonder how I managed this?

I could just treat this as drivel, but if these numbers are driving payments to record companies and artists, I'm worried.

15 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Perhaps I’m a bit slow. Why is there a desire for a specific offline mode? When I’m on an airplane I just use the content that’s in my offline group of content. 

The desire for an offline mode is to protect your offline content.

I have a number of issues with Qobuz

1/ CarPlay does not work unless the content is offline.

2/ In IOS if you filter on Albums by Artist it does not show all of the Albums.

3/ Qobuz refer to selecting Offline mode which should prevent loss of offline content, but it does not actually have an Offline mode, they simply mean not connected to the internet.

So support come along when you question the fixes you have requested and say, can you just log out and see if it works, and bingo all you offline content is removed because you logged out, even if you log right in again............

Say to Qobuz I'd like a refund of the months not used because you have not identified the issues or have a date to fix them and the answer is no, we don't offer refunds even if it does not work.

Very poor customer service and diagnostics, they should be able to test known issues without customer input.

I've taken this Tidal offer of 4 months for £4 https://tidal.com/offers/holiday-offer and will never use Qobuz again.

Bad decision to take a twelve month plan as it gives you no option the leave.

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806

1 hour ago, keeper said:

The desire for an offline mode is to protect your offline content.

I have a number of issues with Qobuz

1/ CarPlay does not work unless the content is offline.

2/ In IOS if you filter on Albums by Artist it does not show all of the Albums.

3/ Qobuz refer to selecting Offline mode which should prevent loss of offline content, but it does not actually have an Offline mode, they simply mean not connected to the internet.

I use Qobuz offline all the time. I have zero need for a switch that says offline mode. I still don't understand the need for a switch that says offline mode. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, goon525 said:

Something new: I've just had an email from Qobuz called 'My Year with Qobuz'. It purports to tell me what I've listened to this year. Of my Top Five, I have indeed listened to Igor Levit in third place quite a lot, as I heard his complete Beethoven Sonata set. And in first place, Lou Reed, well I did listen to New York a couple of times - but nothing near to the claimed 737 minutes. And in second place, Pere Ubu for 583 minutes - no, I haven't listened to him at all. Nor to Can in fourth place allegedly for 429 minutes, no. Nor The Legendary Pink Dots, apparently in fifth for 419 minutes. Nope. I also apparently listened for 1.570 minutes on September 30th 'my all time record'. As there are only 1,440 minutes in a day, and I have a single account, I wonder how I managed this?

I could just treat this as drivel, but if these numbers are driving payments to record companies and artists, I'm worried.

My lists are almost completely off also. Wonder how they were collected. 

Say NO to ROON

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I use Qobuz offline all the time. I have zero need for a switch that says offline mode. I still don't understand the need for a switch that says offline mode. 

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I think keeper defines "offline mode" as "offline and logged out". That seems unique. If you log out of the app then you lose your offline cache, which seems to me a normal consequence because now the app cannot know if you still have a current account. But apparently Qobuz Support told keeper to log out while resolving another issue, resulting in the loss of that cache. Hence the frustration.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

18 minutes ago, left channel said:

If you log out of the app then you lose your offline cache, which seems to me a normal consequence because now the app cannot know if you still have a current account.

So this begs the question as to whether the user gets logged out if the phone (Android and/or iPhone) is either soft or hard restarted. Or is the current login state cached, and will it get re-estalished when the app is booted up? And then does it matter whether the Internet is accessible or not in that case?

13 minutes ago, Balthazar B said:

So this begs the question as to whether the user gets logged out if the phone (Android and/or iPhone) is either soft or hard restarted. Or is the current login state cached, and will it get re-estalished when the app is booted up? And then does it matter whether the Internet is accessible or not in that case?

The only way I know of to get logged out is to actually logout or delete the app. I’ve done every other possible thing and never got logged out. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 12/20/2020 at 5:52 PM, Mayfair said:

@David Craff

For the last few months, every time when I try to click on a link to the sale offers at the top of the Qobuz home page (e.g., https://page/winter-qobuz-fest-2020), I get errors such as "This site can’t be reached/page’s server IP address could not be found/ ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED."

Could you please advise?

Thanks

Hi,

Can you send me a screenshot where you click and the country of your Qobuz Store.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

This is my first post. I can not login to may Qobuz account on my windows app or my squeezebox touch.

All my other apps tidal roku work on my computer. When i looked at payment receipts on Qobuz i found the 

receipt where i payed for a full year 11/25/2020. When hit see details the date of purchase is Jan 25, 2019.

I have emailed 3 time since last Friday and have not got an response. Is there another way to contact Qobuz.

Thanks for any help Rick

On 12/21/2020 at 3:43 PM, goon525 said:

Hi,

Thanks for this feedback, can you send me on PM the user email you use for your Qobuz's account ?

We will check your stream report.

Regards

11 minutes ago, RickDr said:

This is my first post. I can not login to may Qobuz account on my windows app or my squeezebox touch.

All my other apps tidal roku work on my computer. When i looked at payment receipts on Qobuz i found the 

receipt where i payed for a full year 11/25/2020. When hit see details the date of purchase is Jan 25, 2019.

I have emailed 3 time since last Friday and have not got an response. Is there another way to contact Qobuz.

Thanks for any help Rick

Hi,

If you made to many connexion error, your IP will be block.

Please try to connect on our website http://www.qobuz.com

If it's doesn't works, check your password or ask for forgotten password.

If it's works try to connect on our Windows Application.

If this doesn't works, can you change your internet connexion for another one, like via your mobile, to get another IP.

If this doesn't works or you can't do the next step, please sent me by PM, your IP (https://whatismyipaddress.com/)

Regards

On 11/23/2020 at 9:39 PM, David Craff said:

Good News @asdf1000 this song come from the supplier WORX. This one is in the process of being integrated into our catalogue. The song will be available at the beginning of December.

Hi David and Merry Christmas to you and entire Qobuz Team - I'm really happy to see WORX releases now on Qobuz !

Can you ask your team why the recent album released last week by artist 'Jay Sean' called 'M3' is not available to either buy or stream on Qobuz?

Thanks.

Something is going wrong when I filter new releases to Classical genre. These are not new releases at all. In fact, some of them I had favorited months ago.

Just a couple of days ago it was working correctly, and the list seems correct if I remove the filter and display all genres.

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 11.08.04 AM.png

On 12/28/2020 at 3:38 AM, asdf1000 said:

Hi David and Merry Christmas to you and entire Qobuz Team - I'm really happy to see WORX releases now on Qobuz !

Can you ask your team why the recent album released last week by artist 'Jay Sean' called 'M3' is not available to either buy or stream on Qobuz?

Thanks.

Hi,

We are gradually integrating the Worx catalog, which explains why not everyone is yet in the catalog.

Regards

On 12/28/2020 at 3:38 AM, asdf1000 said:

Thanks.

Some news: Jay Sean with M3 album is available from the supplier TuneCore.

We are in progress to add the TuneCore catalog on Qobuz.

Regards

Hi @David Craff Something strange has happened in the Qobuz app twice in the last week. 

Searching for Gwen Stefani’s newest track, I put her name in the search box. I select her as the artist, then I see the track I want appears right at the top. All good so far. However, clicking on the track brings up a different version of the track by someone else. 

The same happens with a new Kacey Musgraves track. Here are screenshots. 

C53E8347-99D0-4D9D-829A-6852B60DF94F.png

0514678D-96CF-4B10-9E31-A28844DA34BB.png

9221951C-1637-4AC9-B3B7-48B5313D75C4.png

F014C005-AAD0-4E90-BAFC-FFE893F9809C.png

11 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi @David Craff Something strange has happened in the Qobuz app twice in the last week. 

Searching for Gwen Stefani’s newest track, I put her name in the search box. I select her as the artist, then I see the track I want appears right at the top. All good so far. However, clicking on the track brings up a different version of the track by someone else. 

The same happens with a new Kacey Musgraves track. Here are screenshots. 

C53E8347-99D0-4D9D-829A-6852B60DF94F.png

0514678D-96CF-4B10-9E31-A28844DA34BB.png

9221951C-1637-4AC9-B3B7-48B5313D75C4.png

F014C005-AAD0-4E90-BAFC-FFE893F9809C.png

Hi

This is a metadata management issue. The album is associated with the artist you are displaying but as a composer or something else. It is therefore visible in the artist's page. However everything is currently mixed, between official discography, album as composer only etc...
A big work is in progress on the improvement of meta data, display rules etc...

Regards