IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

9 hours ago, Mark Dirac said:

@David Craff I have another problem since recent update to 5.7.2-b024. Some tracks play at the wrong (slower) sample rate. Intermittently. Either immediately or after ~20 secs. Perhaps 10% of tracks, only higher bit rate tracks, such as 48kHz and above.  I suspect it's only tracks I have played before.    W10 NUC out USB to a DAC (MDAC). 

The tracks play fine on Moode on RPi out S/PDIF to same DAC.

On my office system, same problem on W10 HP laptop out USB to a different DAC (Pro-Ject). But 5.7.2-b022

For example: https://open.qobuz.com/track/15921513   plays at 88.2kHz, sometimes at 44.1kHz.

This: https://open.qobuz.com/track/66039807   plays at 96kHz, sometimes switching to 48kHz, then after 20 secs to 44.1kHz.

I've taken many days (after update) before reporting it 'cos I thought problem was caused by me playing around with a new Uptone Regen, and have been trying to fault-find it myself. But - I've never connected the Regen to my HP office system, and so that cannot be the cause.

W10 is well-maintained. Sound control panels correctly set "take control, exclusive". Broadband is strong. Storage (incl. cache) is set to my D: drive on the NUC and C: on the HP.

Thanks for this feedback. I will try to reproduce and fix it.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 12/7/2020 at 1:02 AM, MikeyFresh said:

I find it odd that so many people, even some audio dealers, want to insist that use of those apps in streaming TIDAL or Qobuz involves the stream flowing through the Control Point, and that it ruins the sound quality. So not only is that just incorrect, but if it were accurate, then we'd all be unsatisfied with the sound too, right? But we're not, it sounds great.

The notion that a controller app proxying the audio file track streams somehow affects sound quality is totally bogus anyway, as the audio files wouldn't altered in any way:

Proxying most certainly cannot be compared to AirPlay, say, where the app would actually decode & play the audio file tracks from Qobuz - so it's the app's audio output that's transmitted over the network via AirPlay to the streamer, not the audio files themselves. 

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Is there any offical way to ask Qobuz to add certain artists and albums?

The only page I found in the internet is this.

https://airtable.com/shrb4MODKBO0DGaNQ?prefill_SourceFR=Utilisateur

But no clue if it will ever reach @Qobuz.

piCorePlayer 6.1.0 (LMS 8.0.1 @ Squeezelite) on rPi 3B+ -> Allo DigiOne -> Mutec MC-3+ Smart Clock USB & Muetc REF10 -> RME ADI-2 DAC -> Unison Research Sinfonia-> Klipsch Forte III. (Source: Qobuz, Spotify and 1TB USB FLAC files)

2 hours ago, schiff1108 said:

Is there any offical way to ask Qobuz to add certain artists and albums?

The only page I found in the internet is this.

https://airtable.com/shrb4MODKBO0DGaNQ?prefill_SourceFR=Utilisateur

Hi, 

Yes this is the right place to send request for adding content.

This form is read by the supply chain.

But don't expect quick answers. It may take time to get what you ask for.
The best is to search our catalog later to see if the content is now available.
However, I can confirm that our team will do what it takes to answer your request.

Regards

4 hours ago, schiff1108 said:

Requests concerning labels already present on Qobuz remove at least one barrier to organic demand (actual person requesting album), per previous conversations with Qobuz support.  Meaning they have a relationship in place that allows sending an email to the licensing party with proof of consumer desire for said new releases/catalog content not currently available.  

Some rights owners refuse to allow streaming of their content.  On any continent or in any market by any service.  Much in the way of complications and hesitance lies between the extremes of all or nothing.  One person streaming an album once a week doesn't excite anyone on their participation.  Being in place when a surge of interest hits very much does.

The EU and US catalogs are not identical.  By no means is this indicative of lacking initiative on the part of Qobuz.  ;)

23 hours ago, Mark Dirac said:

I've noticed a couple of tracks switching to a higher sample rate than stated in the app. Let me know if you would like me to post or PM further examples.

Hi

Thanks for this feedback.

This issue are know at Qobuz since the last release. 

First one is when you play a track at a different quality than the next track. After few second, depending on the load speed, there player send the meta data next track to the dac.

Second issue is when you first play a track in one quality, you cannot change this quality until this track is in the cache.

All this issues will be fix asap.

On 11/2/2020 at 11:31 AM, leafy said:

Recently I find it happening more often that some super long tracks cannot finish playing and jumps right off to the next track.

Originally I thought it was to do with BubbleUPnP but it is now happening more often even with Qobuz Mac application.

One of the tracks that often breaks off around 15:00 to 20:00 of playback is https://open.qobuz.com/track/32957567

On 11/2/2020 at 12:04 PM, coot said:

Yes, I have this happening with Qobuz while playing classical on Aurender N100H. No rhyme or reason or very often, perhaps two tracks out of 10 hours. Replay the same track and it plays fine. Started in the last month or so.

Hi @David Craff 

Would it be possible to look into this issue? This is happening more often now. I was trying to tweak the mpd buffer size but it seems irrelevant as the buffers deal with pre-fetch rather than buffering for the whole track.

One of the tracks I have been repeatedly failed to complete is https://open.qobuz.com/track/2228435, no matter how many times I play it, it won't finish.

I am happy to provide any debug info, please let me know how I can help.

Cheers, 

Is anyone else having problems with using Qobuz via Apple CarPlay? This used to work ok for me - sometimes one would have to check that you'd launched the App on the iPhone before it would play ball, but then it would. But it's stopped working - you can load the App on CarPlay, but it simply won't populate with the stuff on your iPhone (in may case an XR). Help would be much appreciated.

3 hours ago, goon525 said:

Is anyone else having problems with using Qobuz via Apple CarPlay? This used to work ok for me - sometimes one would have to check that you'd launched the App on the iPhone before it would play ball, but then it would. But it's stopped working - you can load the App on CarPlay, but it simply won't populate with the stuff on your iPhone (in may case an XR). Help would be much appreciated.

It works for me just fine. iPhone 12 Pro. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Honestly (and I know it is not Qobuz' fault, but rather the blame lies with whoever tags the files that the labels and digital distributors then deliver to streaming services), there are so many mistakes in the tags of so many albums and tracks that I am not going to bother to report it again, but...

For Frank Sinatra's album All Alone, the artist credit for every track on the album is attributed to Gordon Jenkins (the arranger) instead of to Sinatra. So when I add a song to a playlist that is sorted by artist, I have to look for Gordon Jenkins to find the song instead of looking with all the other Sinatra songs.

Happy Holidays, everyone, I'm out.

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

Are there any good albums in higher resolutions than 192k on Qobuz - could any one list some? 

I would like to hear some and test my system with them..

Thanks 

Hifi: Qobuz, Roon, Wiim Pro, Mutec MC3+USB, Mutec SF 10 120SE, Grace Designs M903, ADAM Audio A5X  + sub.

Portable: iPhone 13 pro max, Qobuz, Airpod Pro 2, calibrated with Mimi audiogram / apple health 

4 minutes ago, Pro Jules said:

Are there any good albums in higher resolutions than 192k on Qobuz - could any one list some? 

I would like to hear some and test my system with them..

Thanks 

Qobuz does not go above 192k. However there are a range of free hi-res downloads available from the 2L Test Bench: http://www.2l.no/hires/ The first column is 24 bits / 384.8 kHz.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

Ah OK thanks - I though there were some on Qobuz. I will leave it as my rig is 100% Streaming.

i  have played some dem songs on my Sony DAP though

Thanks again

Hifi: Qobuz, Roon, Wiim Pro, Mutec MC3+USB, Mutec SF 10 120SE, Grace Designs M903, ADAM Audio A5X  + sub.

Portable: iPhone 13 pro max, Qobuz, Airpod Pro 2, calibrated with Mimi audiogram / apple health 

Feature Request.

It happens that albums are not available anymore. Either that the status has switched from "included" to "extra pay" or that an album is removed by Qobuz at all. In most cases it is replaced by another one (remastered, higher quality, other label).

I would wish to see these albums in my favorite list marked as not available anymore. An additional selection criteria might be very useful.  

LMS is at least marking these albums with an asterics in the related lists.

piCorePlayer 6.1.0 (LMS 8.0.1 @ Squeezelite) on rPi 3B+ -> Allo DigiOne -> Mutec MC-3+ Smart Clock USB & Muetc REF10 -> RME ADI-2 DAC -> Unison Research Sinfonia-> Klipsch Forte III. (Source: Qobuz, Spotify and 1TB USB FLAC files)

17 hours ago, Mark Dirac said:

Thanks. @David Craff is this known issue related only to your Windows application, or might it also appear with my Allo USBridge / Moode system also?

... because, on my new Allo USBridge I cannot get anything to play above 96kHz! Attached screenshot is of the unexpected input and output rates reported by Moode when playing https://open.qobuz.com/track/31129847

@David Craff I am wondering if this is a manifestation of the current Qobuz rates bug you reported, or is it more likely something I should ask Allo support about?

(It's unlucky for me that this Qobuz bug is manifest just at the time I am setting up a new toy - I don't know whether the source of issues is Qobuz or Allo. Or me.)

USBridge audio rates.jpg

21 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It works for me just fine. iPhone 12 Pro. 

Anyone else using CarPlay - with or without my problem? I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the Qobuz app on my iPhone, but that hasn’t solved it. There don’t seem to be any settings relating to the interface with CarPlay.

1 hour ago, goon525 said:

Anyone else using CarPlay - with or without my problem? I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the Qobuz app on my iPhone, but that hasn’t solved it. There don’t seem to be any settings relating to the interface with CarPlay.

I've solved it! Somewhere along the way, an update to either iOS or the Qobuz app - I’m not sure which - seems to have deleted my entire Qobuz downloaded stuff on the iPhone app - and because CarPlay only works for downloaded material, it was just showing blanks. So I’ve re-downloaded a couple of playlists and albums, and voila, they’re there.