IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

11 minutes ago, goon525 said:

The current UK price for a year's subscription to the highest level of streaming is £150. Unless you're actually buying quite a few downloads as well, there's not much point having Sublime.

I have in the past been a heavy purchaser of the hi res albums but I would say that has dropped off over the past year or so and I could consider that - but that is a different issue isn't it? i.e. I assume that is limited in the same way. So it wouldn't be £150. I would then have to subscribe to the family subs to get back to what we have been used to for years at £269.99. So I would pay £19.99 more and lost the discounted albums. 

At the eof the day, it's their company and they set the rules and prices. But as a consumer I am really struggling to understand how this could be good value now. I always felt it was before. If I had a family of 6 adults then maybe it would seem better. Not sure even then because I would be asked to pay double for what I already had. But having lived within their device constraint (which is fairly standard) for years and then to be limited to one concurrent device changes the value equation a little too much I think. I obviously make my own choices and so will everyone else but I would be very surprised if this doesn't see them reduce their income stream. Worse still it will likely happen gradually as the annual subs run out. I fear for them a little.  

Just now, goon525 said:

For what its worth, I haven't seen others raising this as an issue - it may be that it's not quite as significant for their revenue stream as you seem to think.

you may be right of course but you only notice when you run into the concurrent usage. So not sure how long it's been enforced but we have only just noticed. If you are the only person using it in the house then you won't ever notice of course. 

2 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hello

Sorry, there was a misunderstanding of the problem by our support. Your request will be taken over and you will get new answers.

Regards

Thank You

The support team have confirmed that the IOS app only allows playback of downloaded content via CarPlay.

Perhaps the team could update the description on the IOS store so this is made clear?

Many Thanks

Phil

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806

Hi

Thank you for your message, even if it is a bit long :)

First of all it is important to know that the rules are not only of Qobuz's will. It's a choice made between Qobuz and the music suppliers. The fact of having 6 people in a family subscription, the price etc... are agreements between the parties.

Qobuz hasn't changed anything lately about the operating policy. Simultaneous listening with the same account has always been banned and is not allowed in the agreements. And this is normal, otherwise a single account could be enough for the whole planet to listen to Qobuz. On the other hand it is true that the controls were not necessarily in place on all the applications.

But as a reminder, the blocking only happens on the simultaneous listening with the same Qobuz account. We only limit listening at the same time on different devices using the same account. And I doubt that the competition does not apply this as well. The agreements are normally the same.

I understand that it is less convenient for you, more expensive too, but in the end you took advantage of a loophole that we have now closed.

Switching to a family subscription is more expensive but you now have 6 accounts available for the same household. This is still much cheaper than paying 6 individual accounts. Even if it doesn't suit your needs.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

6 hours ago, keeper said:

Thank You

The support team have confirmed that the IOS app only allows playback of downloaded content via CarPlay.

Perhaps the team could update the description on the IOS store so this is made clear?

Many Thanks

Phil

The developpement to stream via carplay will arrive next year

5 hours ago, Martin H said:

I have in the past been a heavy purchaser of the hi res albums but I would say that has dropped off over the past year or so and I could consider that - but that is a different issue isn't it? i.e. I assume that is limited in the same way. So it wouldn't be £150. I would then have to subscribe to the family subs to get back to what we have been used to for years at £269.99. So I would pay £19.99 more and lost the discounted albums. 

At the eof the day, it's their company and they set the rules and prices. But as a consumer I am really struggling to understand how this could be good value now. I always felt it was before. If I had a family of 6 adults then maybe it would seem better. Not sure even then because I would be asked to pay double for what I already had. But having lived within their device constraint (which is fairly standard) for years and then to be limited to one concurrent device changes the value equation a little too much I think. I obviously make my own choices and so will everyone else but I would be very surprised if this doesn't see them reduce their income stream. Worse still it will likely happen gradually as the annual subs run out. I fear for them a little.  

Assuming that I understand the answer correctly (pretty sure I do) then it looks as if the 3 devices is now being enforced as one single device at a time. Any new play request logs out the other device. This doesn't impact the usage of the Linn DS thankfully which would be a bit ridiculous but it's a bit of a pain. So have choices to make. I do think sublime subs will drop as I can't see anyone paying £500 a year when you can get other services that will suit most people

3 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hi

Thank you for your message, even if it is a bit long :)

First of all it is important to know that the rules are not only of Qobuz's will. It's a choice made between Qobuz and the music suppliers. The fact of having 6 people in a family subscription, the price etc... are agreements between the parties.T

Qobuz hasn't changed anything lately about the operating policy. Simultaneous listening with the same account has always been banned and is not allowed in the agreements. And this is normal, otherwise a single account could be enough for the whole planet to listen to Qobuz. On the other hand it is true that the controls were not necessarily in place on all the applications.

But as a reminder, the blocking only happens on the simultaneous listening with the same Qobuz account. We only limit listening at the same time on different devices using the same account. And I doubt that the competition does not apply this as well. The agreements are normally the same.

I understand that it is less convenient for you, more expensive too, but in the end you took advantage of a loophole that we have now closed.

Switching to a family subscription is more expensive but you now have 6 accounts available for the same household. This is still much cheaper than paying 6 individual accounts. Even if it doesn't suit your needs.

Regards

Thanks for the reply and of course its' up to you to set the price you sell and up to me to decide if I buy, or continue to buy. I am 100% fine with that.

But I do like and have championed Qobuz and I would offer this consumer feedback. I am perfectly comfortable paying a premium for multiple usage albeit in the real world where devices are commonly shared in the (certainly our house) house it's all a bit meaningless (I mean ipads/pcs, not phones). But the approach you (and the artists etc) has set a limit of 6 (which is a good number) but then set the price accordingly. Now 'double the price' may be good value when there are 6 people (that in reality means a family with 4 teenage children I would think) but it's certainly not when there are 2 or even 3 when it totals £500. i.e. it's actually poor value because it's cheaper to have 2 sublime subscriptions than it is to have a shared family subscription with my wife. Hmmmm, not sure that's working well as an offer. How many families are there that need 6 users vs 2 or 3? 

Just for the record, I wasn't consciously exploiting a loophole, I was, I thought legitimately using the 3 devices in the same way I would have used Microsoft word. I was subscribing to an account that could use 3 devices. They all worked concurrently as I personally would have expected and at that price it is what I expect - right or wrong that's how I understood it. Now they don't work. I personally think you have misjudged the situation but I hope I am wrong because I have a soft spot for Qobuz. But I don't have a soft spot in my head and so I won't be subscribing to 'sublime family' any time soon :) 

As I said thanks for replying. 

Hi @David Craff

If I play Marvin Gaye album 'What's Going On' (192kHz album) to a 96kHz device (Chromecast Audio) -  did this 96kHz version come from the label itself or Qobuz app is downsampling in real-time? Or Qobuz has downsampled 'offline' on their server already.

Same question if I choose the CD quality 44.1kHz version for this album.

Thanks

9 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Does anyone know how albums are sorted when viewing a single artist’s albums?

For example, Roy Hargrove:

7B05D294-A5BB-488C-BF3E-3F62DB9422FC.png

Hi,

It is a sorting by relevance according to the listenings.

We work on an improvement of an artist's albums, taking into account the notion of official album, type of album etc...
It will be available next year.

Regards

On 10/14/2020 at 4:35 PM, David Craff said:

Qobuz desktop application (Windows 10) playlist playback doesn't change sample frequency when the new track originally has different resolution (ex. from 44.1 to 96.00)

This problem was solved some days ago and now the problem is back.

Why???

4 minutes ago, Claudio said:

This problem was solved some days ago and now the problem is back.

Why???

Hi,

No update was made on the application since September.

Did you change something on your computer or did you use the Qobuz application in a different way than the last time?

Regards

12 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

We have some content of this artist : https://open.qobuz.com/artist/612654

I don't know if this song is available for streaming service.

Regards

Thanks but there is a lot missing, like that new track linked above. And that track is available everywhere else (streaming).

It's just something I hope you can look into.

Maybe that particular label coming to come to Qobuz wouldn't just bring his music to Qobuz but possibly a whole bunch, at that label?

Just now, asdf1000 said:

Thanks but there is a lot missing, like that new track linked above. And that track is available everywhere else (streaming).

It's just something I hope you can look into.

Maybe that particular label coming to come to Qobuz wouldn't just bring his music to Qobuz but possibly a whole bunch, at that label?

Label are free to decide where they want to bring their music. But I will ask the supply chain to look at this.

2 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

Did you change something on your computer or did you use the Qobuz application in a different way than the last time?

Regards

Thanks for reply.

No. I use the same configuration. Are you sure that the problem is regarding the application or is an external problem (es. song database management or other...)?

Audirvana app works like a charm on it.

16 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Label are free to decide where they want to bring their music. But I will ask the supply chain to look at this.

Good News @asdf1000 this song come from the supplier WORX. This one is in the process of being integrated into our catalogue. The song will be available at the beginning of December.

17 minutes ago, Claudio said:

Thanks for reply.

No. I use the same configuration. Are you sure that the problem is regarding the application or is an external problem (es. song database management or other...)?

Audirvana app works like a charm on it.

I have no certainty, especially since I don't reproduce this problem on my test computers.

Before any further investigation, I suggest you wait for the next version of the application which will be released before the end of the year.

There are a lot of changes in the code. It is therefore preferable to wait for the release, check that the issue persists and correct it at that time?

Regards

10 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Good News @asdf1000 this song come from the supplier WORX. This one is in the process of being integrated into our catalogue. The song will be available at the beginning of December.

THANK YOU! Very happy to see the catalogue expanding. This can only be a good thing, long term.

Thanks for looking into it David.