IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

1 hour ago, goon525 said:

Back in August, there was a joint presentation by Qobuz and Linn’s MD, in which Gilad Tiefenbrun announced that Linn’s excellent record label was coming to Qobuz. It’s now late November and there’s no sign - what’s happened?

David, no response from you on this?

Sorry,

I have no response for the moment. No information about this.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 11/23/2020 at 11:45 AM, David Craff said:

I have no certainty, especially since I don't reproduce this problem on my test computers.

Before any further investigation, I suggest you wait for the next version of the application which will be released before the end of the year.

There are a lot of changes in the code. It is therefore preferable to wait for the release, check that the issue persists and correct it at that time?

Regards

New release and same problem: playlist with different quality songs (ex. 44.1 and  88.2 and 96) play all at 44.1

I have a minor question and a French one at that.  Certainly not on the order of an 'issue.'

Naïve [label] new releases have fractured from the rest of their catalog under the newly created "Naïve, a label of Believe Group" heading.  I'm curious if this will be a reality going forward or was a bit clumsy?

7 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi

I think the support didn't quite understand your problem!

I confirm that this problem is known and will be solved.

Regards

The problem is going for some weeks, when will this be solved.
Because of this I suspended my subscription, in combination with requests to Qobuz to share the full API with App builders to enable album sorting by artist, rather than by last added as only option.
Sofar I found that only MConnect app has the possibility to sort by artist, it fails on a few others I can use on my streamer, like Audirvana and Moon Mind Conrol app.

I just purchased an Andover Audio Songbird to use as a streamer in conjunction with my Qobuz account.  They have a dedicated iOS app that enables me to stream 24/192 to the Songbird hardware.  Unfortunately, it appears it does not support gapless playback via Qobuz, even though Andover has marketed it as capable.  I have been in touch with Andover tech support and they haven't been able to help, and are blaming the issue on Qobuz.  I am able to play gapless via the official Qobuz app on iOS so I know the issue isn't there.

I had the same issue with Chromecast Audio (in addition to other issues) and was hopeful that using a streamer with official support would fix it.  Is there any way to stream Qobuz with gapless playback, outside of running audio cables from my iPad to my receiver? 

5 minutes ago, JKleinbart said:

And requires a dedicated PC or Mac to run as a media server, correct?  I'm looking to streamline my system, not add more gear.  But I appreciate the recommendation!

You do not need a PC / Mac. Just a phone or tablet. That's all.

If you only have access to iOS devices, then mconnect Player (free Lite version available for testing) is an alternative gapless playback supporting standard UPnP/DLNA controller app that also provides access to Qobuz. Make sure you've turned on the Gapless to Renderer option in its Gapless setting.

Note: mconnect Player's gapless playback support will only work if the controlled streamer also supports the standard UPnP gapless playback mechanism.

Have you tested if the Songbird streamer actually network streams and plays your own audio files without gaps, never mind those from Qobuz?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Cebolla, thank you for the recommendation.  I was able to get mconnect up and running and stream both Qobuz and Tidal to the Songbird.  Unfortunately, gapless still is not working.  I made sure it was enabled in the settings but neither app is able to play gapless to this streamer.  I'm beginning to think Andover released it without testing its capabilities.

I've also verified that Tidal doesn't play gapless in their own Songbird app which backs up my suspicions.  I will likely be returning this item unless their tech support can solve this problem.

Next question - is there a (hopefully inexpensive) streamer on the market that has native Qobuz support and plays gapless out of the box?

I have just got Qobuz to work gaplessly to an Allo DigiOne Sig RPi Moode streamer, from an Android tablet running BubbleuPnP. Out of the box. £300ish.

However, I suspect* that it is the tablet which is pulling the stream from Qobuz (and then passing it to the Moode to render), rather than the Moode pulling down the Qobuz directly. Nonetheless, it works very well, and gaplessly, and uses very little battery on the tablet (which leads me to think that perhaps, somehow, it is the Moode which is drawing down the stream from Qobuz, otherwise battery draw on the tablet would be expected to be significant).

However I suspect that JKleinbart is wanting an iOS solution, although he doesn't stipulate that.

*If I add my Qobuz credentials to BubbleuPnP on the tablet, it works. If instead I add my Qobuz credentials to Moode on the Rpi streamer, it doesn't work. Any explanation for this please anyone?

Many thanks Cebolla and Ran for taking the care to provide those illuminating and crucial links. Here's another one for anyone else following this thread:

http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=1772&pid=13443#pid13443

So, my understanding is - I thought my RPi was the streamer, but in practice it is my tablet which is the streamer, and my RPi/Allo is only a renderer. When I listen to Qobuz, the stream is drawn down to my tablet, sent back out of my tablet to my router, and finally to my RPi - three legs where one should do. Surprisingly indirect, and not elegant. (But it functions well - no criticism of Bubble or Moode implied.) If I am wrong in this conclusion, please would someone say.

So my tablet is in fact doing quite a lot of work, and I should be grateful that it (and BubbleUPnP) manage all this without consuming much battery. And, if anyone is interested, my setup continues to stream flawlessly, and to remain synced with the renderer, even when my tablet is screen off for an hour+.

3 hours ago, Mark Dirac said:

If I am wrong in this conclusion, please would someone say.

I believe that is incorrect, read cebolla's post above. Neither app is set to proxy, they are directing the renderer to go get the stream, but the stream does not flow through the Control Point as you described. If it did, you wouldn't be able to let it sleep, or the music would stop, and it would consume a ton of battery which you've said is not the case. 

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

Thanks for that Mike. Yes, I'm confused now.

I read all Cebolla's links, and those beyond. And it seemed to me that Moode on my Allo RPi, which is the renderer, cannot go get the stream itself because the component which Moode would use for this - namely upmpdcli - had its Qobuz access revoked in oct19   https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/index.html#news  

Is it the case that Moode can be instructed by BubbleUPnP on Android to go fetch Qobuz data using a key from Bubble? Or if not, how does it work?
On 12/3/2020 at 9:50 PM, Marco Handgraaf said:

The problem is going for some weeks, when will this be solved.
Because of this I suspended my subscription, in combination with requests to Qobuz to share the full API with App builders to enable album sorting by artist, rather than by last added as only option.
Sofar I found that only MConnect app has the possibility to sort by artist, it fails on a few others I can use on my streamer, like Audirvana and Moon Mind Conrol app.

Hi,

Sorry for this issue. We will fix it as soon as possible. Of course your are free to end your subscription. I understand that.

Regards

On 12/3/2020 at 11:34 PM, JKleinbart said:

I just purchased an Andover Audio Songbird to use as a streamer in conjunction with my Qobuz account.  They have a dedicated iOS app that enables me to stream 24/192 to the Songbird hardware.  Unfortunately, it appears it does not support gapless playback via Qobuz, even though Andover has marketed it as capable.  I have been in touch with Andover tech support and they haven't been able to help, and are blaming the issue on Qobuz.  I am able to play gapless via the official Qobuz app on iOS so I know the issue isn't there.

I had the same issue with Chromecast Audio (in addition to other issues) and was hopeful that using a streamer with official support would fix it.  Is there any way to stream Qobuz with gapless playback, outside of running audio cables from my iPad to my receiver? 

Hi,

The gapless playback function depends on the player itself. To play gapless it is necessary to have two instances of the player with a synchronized switch from one to the other.

Chromecast doesn't allow this, so the gapless doesn't work even from Qobuz applications while these same applications work gapless with their embedded player.

In the case of using our API by a partner, it is the same thing. The player used must be able to set up the gapless. The audio files sent to the partner and Qobuz applications are strictly the same.

The only application to my knowledge able to Gapless on the Google Cast protocol is the Roon application.

To do this it creates a unique and endless audio stream. Technically, instead of being composed of one audio stream per track, your playlist is composed of a single audio stream for all tracks.

Regards

On 12/2/2020 at 12:23 PM, David Craff said:

Yes you can remove all the content in the cache directory of the application.

@David Craff I have another problem since recent update to 5.7.2-b024. Some tracks play at the wrong (slower) sample rate. Intermittently. Either immediately or after ~20 secs. Perhaps 10% of tracks, only higher bit rate tracks, such as 48kHz and above.  I suspect it's only tracks I have played before.    W10 NUC out USB to a DAC (MDAC). 

The tracks play fine on Moode on RPi out S/PDIF to same DAC.

On my office system, same problem on W10 HP laptop out USB to a different DAC (Pro-Ject). But 5.7.2-b022

For example: https://open.qobuz.com/track/15921513   plays at 88.2kHz, sometimes at 44.1kHz.

This: https://open.qobuz.com/track/66039807   plays at 96kHz, sometimes switching to 48kHz, then after 20 secs to 44.1kHz.

I've taken many days (after update) before reporting it 'cos I thought problem was caused by me playing around with a new Uptone Regen, and have been trying to fault-find it myself. But - I've never connected the Regen to my HP office system, and so that cannot be the cause.

W10 is well-maintained. Sound control panels correctly set "take control, exclusive". Broadband is strong. Storage (incl. cache) is set to my D: drive on the NUC and C: on the HP.