IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

1 hour ago, deho said:

I'm not having a judgement about Qobuz which is my main source of music for several years ... I'm just trying to understand what can happen in my reading problems : why is it working seamlessly with standard resolution songs and not with high resolution ones ?

My hypothesis would be that one of the Technics subsystems is broken when it comes to handling high-res content from its network interface, since this occurs with both Qobuz and Tidal streaming services. While you may not be able to determine the specific root cause -- particularly since the manufacturer seems to be unhelpfully shining you on -- you could isolate it to some degree by simply providing the feed from Qobuz running on your computer (the Mini?) via S/PDIF or USB-B (preferably try both with proper cables). If it can handle high-res through its digital inputs, then the issue is almost certainly with their network interface and how they're processing incoming data.

Have you looked elsewhere on the web for others experiencing similar issues on the Technics box using the network interface?

- S/PDIF and USB works perfectly whatever is resolution coming out from the Mac Mini or my MacBook Pro

- Streaming from Audirvana installed on the Mac Mini to the SU-R1 through its RJ45 works perfectly whatever is resolution.

Why streaming the same hi-res song directly from the Qobuz server to the SU-R1 through its RJ45 doesn't work the same ?

Are Qobuz hi-res files fully compliant with DNLA basic standards ?

Technics is indeed unacceptably irresponsive to my requests and I feel alone and isolated using that system. I start to wonder if I'm the only human having bought it !!!!     

• Flying NOE - Driving CJ & JK - Listening Technics - B&W •

20 hours ago, deho said:

why is it working seamlessly with standard resolution songs and not with high resolution ones ?

The suggestion you might make a new thread was intended to put more eyes on this problem.  It would no doubt be found interesting by a few more than stay abreast of new posts inside this much larger subject.  Digging into firmware, part numbers, or anything else wouldn't constantly need to shift around where it could aim back at Qobuz.  Or Tidal as the case may end up becoming in the course of investigation.

I think there might possibly be an  end run around Technics desire not to extend it's liability which you could perform on your own.  A good place to start would seeing if the network card is even capable of what you are asking or if it can be made to do so outside factory knowledge.  

13 hours ago, deho said:

Are Qobuz hi-res files fully compliant with DNLA basic standards ?

I don’t know that it’s files that must be compliant, but rather hardware. But in any case, I use Qobuz with Audirvana, which makes use of the DLNA standard, and it works fine.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hello

Does anyone have a management team email address for Qobuz support issues?

I've raised issues to them last year and provided all the relevant software details and requested screenshots.

Recently I've sent weekly requests for updates and today I now have an email requesting -

"Thank you for your message.

We need to figure out the problem in detail.
On which version of the application do you playback the music?
Can you please indicate the OS, version and model of the device you use?

Also, if you could provide us with one or two screenshots mentioning the problem (unavailability of tracks, error message, etc.).

Thank you for your feedback,
Best wishes"

One can only describe the support as poor.

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806

Hello Guys - My first post at CA. 

I moved to Qobuz from Tidal recently and I want to move out of Roon as well eventually. Roon has served me very well but I have now decided to only use Qobuz as far as my streaming solution. I do not have any local files that I have to stream. So the solution that I was looking something like Spotify Connect. Qobuz seemed to have a Qobuz Connect plans in the past but they told me that they no longer have any plans. I then chanced up Primare NP5 ( on this website) and it seemed like a very neat device. I was in touch with their team and they told me that they support 24/192 pass through via Chromecast protocol. 

So my question is 

1) Assuming I get a Primare NP5, a Denafrips Pontus ( Great review here by @gmgraves) and Qobuz, will I be able to use the Qobuz app as a control to stream to NP5 to get 24/192 on the Pontus? 

2) Does Chromecast affect the sound in anyway? I was convinced with Chris's review of the CCA puck and how it could pass through 24/96. Is Chromecast Protocol inferior to RAAT that Roon uses? Should there be a difference at all because Pontus gets the complete 24/192 even if its RAAT or Chromecast protocol. 

3) Primare does not have an USB out. Is USB the best input for Pontus? Or the input does not matter? I am only interested in PCM and NOS. Between Coxial and Optical - Which is better? @alvin1118

Thank you very much kind folks. 

2 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hi

This is not plan for the moment. We need to study this.

Regards

Hi David, 

any news regarding the issue of tracks not fully available ("sample"/"extrait" of 30s), that is a huge dealbreaker for me as I am testing Qobuz right now. I love the service but if I cannot find the songs I like there and find it elsewhere I may have to go elsewhere unfortunately...

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Franck said:

Hi David, 

any news regarding the issue of tracks not fully available ("sample"/"extrait" of 30s), that is a huge dealbreaker for me as I am testing Qobuz right now. I love the service but if I cannot find the songs I like there and find it elsewhere I may have to go elsewhere unfortunately...

Thanks

Hi,

This will be fix in futur desktop release. You can use the web player for the moment. This issue is only with the desktop.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 1/23/2021 at 7:18 PM, Franck said:

Hi,

the problem is still happening for example for this album but there are many more while in Tidal they are still available.  Why is that?

thanks

EE723C7E-BA48-45F1-8B5B-15CA255BFDFC.png

Hi,

This is a right holders restrictions. 

Contracts are different between streaming services and providers. An artist is free to decide what he wants to make available on which streaming platform.

However, I will ask the team in charge of the catalog to look at this specific case.

Regards

8 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

This is a right holders restrictions. 

Contracts are different between streaming services and providers. An artist is free to decide what he wants to make available on which streaming platform.

However, I will ask the team in charge of the catalog to look at this specific case.

Regards

More, information. This release is not available for all tracks. The tracks we display in grey color are not available on other plateforme too. But Spotify can play the track by finding it on another album, with the ISRC. When you play the track the cover is not the cover of the release

image.thumb.png.4a4e1be63cbdfc4e5c72e9ee1990bb6d.png

I think that tidal do the same. but doesn't change the cover.

3 minutes ago, David Craff said:

More, information. This release is not available for all tracks. The tracks we display in grey color are not available on other plateforme too. But Spotify can play the track by finding it on another album, with the ISRC. When you play the track the cover is not the cover of the release

image.thumb.png.4a4e1be63cbdfc4e5c72e9ee1990bb6d.png

I think that tidal do the same. but doesn't change the cover.

Nope...works fine on Tidal:

IMG_76E8034D27A5-1.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Franck said:

But Spotify can play the track by finding it on another album, with the ISRC. When you play the track the cover is not the cover of the release

As I said, Tidal do the same thing as Spotify but does not change the release cover.

FYI, the Qobuz versions of NEU! 2 and NEU! '75 by the legendary German band NEU! are both missing the final track on each album. Pity, since those two songs, "Super" and "After Eight" are both exhilarating high points on their respective records. Who knows why the supplier of these digital releases failed to include the concluding tracks on these two masterworks of rock.

Apart from this and other occasional errors in the database or search functions, I am continuing to love the audio quality and selection on Qobuz, and switched over from my monthly subscription to the annual plan, giving me two free months of music. And Qobuz store still remains my primary source for download purchases which I make from time to time.

Rock on, people...

SUPER!

AFTER EIGHT!

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel