IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

On 12/12/2020 at 4:37 AM, leafy said:

Hi @David Craff 

Would it be possible to look into this issue? This is happening more often now. I was trying to tweak the mpd buffer size but it seems irrelevant as the buffers deal with pre-fetch rather than buffering for the whole track.

One of the tracks I have been repeatedly failed to complete is https://open.qobuz.com/track/2228435, no matter how many times I play it, it won't finish.

I am happy to provide any debug info, please let me know how I can help.

Cheers, 

Hi,

Sorry I tried to play this track, and get no issue. Can you contact me via PM ?

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 12/13/2020 at 12:14 PM, Mark Dirac said:

... because, on my new Allo USBridge I cannot get anything to play above 96kHz! Attached screenshot is of the unexpected input and output rates reported by Moode when playing https://open.qobuz.com/track/31129847

@David Craff I am wondering if this is a manifestation of the current Qobuz rates bug you reported, or is it more likely something I should ask Allo support about?

(It's unlucky for me that this Qobuz bug is manifest just at the time I am setting up a new toy - I don't know whether the source of issues is Qobuz or Allo. Or me.)

USBridge audio rates.jpg

I don't know. Can you check the same track with another player who can play Qobuz like Roon or Audirvana ?

9 minutes ago, Mark Dirac said:

Thanks. You told me a couple of days ago that the bug is "only with our desktop application for Windows and MacOS". And so I am conversing with Allo support. I am confident that Qobuz is guiltless inthis. (I reckon it will turn out to be a USB problem with my old Audiolab MDAC.)

Thank you, I look forward to your feedback with Allo support.

@David Graff The IOS version of Qobuz delete all off line music if you log out.

I have proved this on my iPhone and iPad.

Sorry I have not reported this to the support team as I find them unresponsive and your reply is always that they don’t understand the issue.

I now have three issues on the IOS app can you please confirm when these will be resolved?

1/ Offline content deleted if you log out of app.

2/ Artists albums missing from album view.

3/ Only offline content shows on Apple CarPlay.

I am trying to migrate from Apple Music but ongoing issues with Qobuz is preventing this due to the flaws in the IOS application, can we have some focus on this please.

Many thanks Phil

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806

On 5/19/2019 at 5:17 PM, matthias said:

I just tried Qobuz Studio.

Sound quality seems to be fine, but I am missing two of my favourite albums:

Bob Dylan "Oh Mercy"

Ry Cooder Film Music "Paris, Texas"

Matt

Regarding these two albums nothing happened since my request from May, 2019.

WHY?

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

So CarPlay requires offline content but if you log out it is all removed and you have to start again.
So any loss of connection will lead to the removal of all offline content and according to Qobuz this is not an issue?
They asked me to log out without any warning of this, so that cost me all the effort of downloading it for CarPlay.....
On 18 Dec 2020, at 15:12, Qobuz Customer Service <[email protected]> wrote:

Dear customer,

Thank you for your message.

1) The offline music is registered when you are connected, if you log out it is automatically put back to zero. It is not an issue. Don't log out of Qobuz and it will remain.

2) This issue will be resolved in the future. 

3) CarPlay is only displaying offline music for now.

Best regards

Setup:

5 hours ago, keeper said:

The IOS version of Qobuz delete all off line music if you log out.

I have proved this on my iPhone and iPad.

Hi,

Yes this is true and you get a warning about that, before log out.

Sorry I have not reported this to the support team as I find them unresponsive and your reply is always that they don’t understand the issue.

Our support is good, I'm no better than them. And I didn't say that they never understand the issue.

But it's not always easy to identify a customer's issue.

1/ Offline content deleted if you log out of app.

It's not an issue. Can you tell me why you want to log out from the app ?

2/ Artists albums missing from album view.

What do you mean? Are you talking about content from artist that are not yet available in our catalog?

If this is the case, there is no end date for this. It is an everyday job. We add albums to the catalogues all the time.

And we try to fill the gaps.

3/ Only offline content shows on Apple CarPlay.

Must be available for Q4

Regards

20 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

Yes this is true and you get a warning about that, before log out.

Our support is good, I'm no better than them. And I didn't say that they never understand the issue.

But it's not always easy to identify a customer's issue.

It's not an issue. Can you tell me why you want to log out from the app ?

What do you mean? Are you talking about content from artist that are not yet available in our catalog?

If this is the case, there is no end date for this. It is an everyday job. We add albums to the catalogues all the time.

And we try to fill the gaps.

Must be available for Q4

Regards

Sorry David

Im really confused now.

Logging out deletes offline content, the apps don't appear to have an offline mode?

If you use cashe mode on log out you can't use the app without logging in.

Can you please confirm how you use "Offline Mode"?

From the Qobuz terms and conditions

Definitions

“Offline mode” shall be understood as the functionality allowing to listen in different qualities, without an active internet connection, to the tracks, playlists and albums previously downloaded by the Customer via the Import feature, on any Listening Device using the QOBUZ Applications.

3. Description of QOBUZ offers

The Offline Mode allows the Customer to listen to the tracks, albums and playlists that he/she has previously downloaded via the Import feature on any Listening Device using QOBUZ Applications. To do this, the Customer must first import the tracks, albums and playlists concerned on the desired devices and select the Offline Mode. 

The imported music can then be listened to without an active internet connection for a period of 30 days. At the end of these 30 days, it will be necessary to log in to the service again in order to reactivate the right to listen to the imported music in offline mode.

Setup:

On 5/19/2019 at 5:17 PM, matthias said:

I just tried Qobuz Studio.

Sound quality seems to be fine, but I am missing two of my favourite albums:

Bob Dylan "Oh Mercy"

Ry Cooder Film Music "Paris, Texas"

Matt

@David Craff

Hi David,

please can you comment on these issue.

I did not receive so far any feedback from Qobuz.

The request was one and a half year ago.

Thank you

Matt

38 minutes ago, matthias said:

please can you comment on these issue.

I did not receive so far any feedback from Qobuz.

The request was one and a half year ago.

Matthias, allow me to remind you that requests have a designated thread.

As for the length of time expired and actual request.  Bob Dylan recently shifted his catalog to corporate ownership.  A little interim research on your part might turn up events such as this that could lead to otherwise inexplicable licensing holes being filled.  By and large if a major artist's work is not present there is a reason.  

1 hour ago, rando said:

Matthias, allow me to remind you that requests have a designated thread.

As for the length of time expired and actual request.  Bob Dylan recently shifted his catalog to corporate ownership.  A little interim research on your part might turn up events such as this that could lead to otherwise inexplicable licensing holes being filled.  By and large if a major artist's work is not present there is a reason.  

It is a request for missing music from Qobuz. AFAIK, there is no dedicated thread for that.

At least the Dylan album is available on Spotify, so why not on Qobuz?

Matt

7 hours ago, keeper said:

Sorry David

Im really confused now.

Logging out deletes offline content, the apps don't appear to have an offline mode?

If you use cashe mode on log out you can't use the app without logging in.

Can you please confirm how you use "Offline Mode"?

From the Qobuz terms and conditions

Definitions

“Offline mode” shall be understood as the functionality allowing to listen in different qualities, without an active internet connection, to the tracks, playlists and albums previously downloaded by the Customer via the Import feature, on any Listening Device using the QOBUZ Applications.

3. Description of QOBUZ offers

The Offline Mode allows the Customer to listen to the tracks, albums and playlists that he/she has previously downloaded via the Import feature on any Listening Device using QOBUZ Applications. To do this, the Customer must first import the tracks, albums and playlists concerned on the desired devices and select the Offline Mode. 

The imported music can then be listened to without an active internet connection for a period of 30 days. At the end of these 30 days, it will be necessary to log in to the service again in order to reactivate the right to listen to the imported music in offline mode.

As you saw, there is an offline mode. This one works when you don't have internet connection. But don't log out from the app. If your are previously connected and launch the app without connexion, you will switch to offline mode.

5 minutes ago, David Craff said:

As you saw, there is an offline mode. This one works when you don't have internet connection. But don't log out from the app. If your are previously connected and launch the app without connexion, you will switch to offline mode.

So in that case can you enter a feature request that allows the content to remain for a period of 30 days?
Otherwise as soon as the support team ask you to log out to try something you loose all the hours of work performed in creating an offline library.

The request by the support team to log out destroyed everything I downloaded just to see if it worked.

This is wrong, as you don't have to log into the service again, you simply need to reconnect to the internet.

At the end of these 30 days, it will be necessary to log in to the service again 

The terms of service also quote select the Offline Mode. , how do I select offline mode?

The wording of the terms of service do not seem to relate to the operation of the app.

Setup:

4 hours ago, keeper said:

Otherwise as soon as the support team ask you to log out to try something you loose all the hours of work performed in creating an offline library.

I guess the trick is to create a playlist, and then download it ?

(BTW. Offline mode is a non exiting feature in Qobuz 😀). 

@David Craff

For the last few months, every time when I try to click on a link to the sale offers at the top of the Qobuz home page (e.g., https://page/winter-qobuz-fest-2020), I get errors such as "This site can’t be reached/page’s server IP address could not be found/ ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED."

Could you please advise?

Thanks

21 hours ago, R1200CL said:

I guess the trick is to create a playlist, and then download it ?

(BTW. Offline mode is a non exiting feature in Qobuz 😀). 

I had downloaded all of my playlist that due to Qobuz poor support and implementation of offline mode I lost.

Setup: