IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

I have contacted customer service, but for the record I will post it here as well...

I placed an order on 25 November 2020 and the order # is 34332397. One of the albums I purchased, Pere Ubu Hi-Res version of The Modern Dance, is defective. Instead of track 5, "Chinese Radiation" it has a repeat of track 4 "Street Waves". I would like either a download of the full album with corrected tracks, or a refund for that purchase price of $11.99.

You can confirm the error by checking out the version on the website. https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/the-modern-dance-pere-ubu/0809236136008

Furthermore, there are two identical versions of this album on Qobuz for purchase or streaming in 24/96 and both versions have the same error in tracks, missing track 5 with track 4 repeated instead.

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

Qobuz seems to offer a huge set of historic music clips from the Ed Sullivan show (via a company called SOFA Entertainment).

However, it seems to limit the number of clips you can listen to for the full duration.

If you try to listen to more than about 50 it seems, you can only play the first 30 seconds of any more of these.

(There are hundreds of excellent clips--some amazing material).

Here is a Rolling Stone piece mentioning these:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/ed-sullivan-show-streaming-1013750/

Here is the SOFA Entertainment press release summary from this summer (2020):

https://www.edsullivan.com/press/

Again, Qobuz contains a huge library of these, but it stops you from playing them after some sort of limit (it stops each playback after 30 seconds).

So any info about the situation here would be welcome, because, IMHO, this is pretty awesome material.

Some more interesting info that I think is related:

If you Google the phrase:

[qobuz playing first 30 seconds of song]

this issue comes up in many forums (such as Roon), and it's hard to know if it is a rights-related thing or a technical problem, so this just adds to the mystery of this behavior.

I paid for a full Qobuz membership, so this is not a trial-membership issue.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, bellhead said:

[qobuz playing first 30 seconds of song]

Hi

At Qobuz we offer both streaming and purchasing. Our catalogue therefore includes both albums with streaming rights and/or purchase rights, including a streaming application only.

Depending on the rights defined by the supplier, it is possible that some tracks are not streamable but only purchasable.

However, we can offer the possibility to listen to a 30-second sample.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 11/23/2020 at 11:45 AM, goon525 said:

Back in August, there was a joint presentation by Qobuz and Linn’s MD, in which Gilad Tiefenbrun announced that Linn’s excellent record label was coming to Qobuz. It’s now late November and there’s no sign - what’s happened?

David, no response from you on this?

4 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi

At Qobuz we offer both streaming and purchasing. Our catalogue therefore includes both albums with streaming rights and/or purchase rights, including a streaming application only.

Depending on the rights defined by the supplier, it is possible that some tracks are not streamable but only purchasable.

However, we can offer the possibility to listen to a 30-second sample.

Regards

OK, thank you very much. I just want to say that Qobuz is a great service. The sound quality is excellent and I plan on staying with it.

I have an issue where the current IOS apps do not show all albums that have a favourite tag in my music.

In my case Alanis Morrisette only shows 2 however I have 19 which are correctly shown on the MAC app and web player.

00155028 Refers.

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806

On 6/3/2020 at 9:46 AM, Jacco said:

Hello, first time poster here. This sure seems to be a forum with a lot of knowledgeable people, so I hope someone can shed a light on the following issue.

In one of my rooms, I'm streaming Qobuz content on a Yamaha WXAD-10, using the Yamaha MusicCast app on Android. This used to work 100% fine, but since a week or so I have the following issue. In the MusicCast app, when I browse to Qobuz > Discover > All Genres (or any subgenre) -> New Releases (or any other choice), the albums that show up are all greyed out and cannot be selected for streaming. If I use the Search option instead and search for any of these albums greyed out in the view mentioned, it shows up normally and I can stream it.

I've tried a full factory reset of the WXAD-10, tried the app on another phone (also Android), both to no avail.

I don't know if there's someone else with such a setup who can check if he/she has the same issue? I really like the overview and easy way Qobuz lets me see and listen to new releases, so this is a bit of an inconvenience for me. Any ideas appreciated!

Following up on my first post to this forum: earlier this week I received a firmware upgrade for the WXAD-10 (from the MusicCast app), and lo and behold, once that upgrade was applied, albums are showing up again as they should, not greyed out. I just thought I'd share this in case people have turned their WXAD-10 into a (relatively) expensive paperweight: turn it on and find a new paperweight ;)

Following today's QOBUZ update, I initially lost the search facility. I therefore decided to unistall and the re-install an earlier version. That recovered the search facility and when I again activated the update, this time the search facility returned. However, my offline library was wiped, not even the many items I had purchaded were there. What is going on? How can I recover my offline library following this apparently faulty update?

On 12/1/2020 at 10:19 AM, keeper said:

I have an issue where the current IOS apps do not show all albums that have a favourite tag in my music.

In my case Alanis Morrisette only shows 2 however I have 19 which are correctly shown on the MAC app and web player.

00155028 Refers.

Hi,

Problem already identified. It will be corrected asap.

Regards

16 hours ago, Nethersage said:

Following today's QOBUZ update, I initially lost the search facility. I therefore decided to unistall and the re-install an earlier version. That recovered the search facility and when I again activated the update, this time the search facility returned. However, my offline library was wiped, not even the many items I had purchaded were there. What is going on? How can I recover my offline library following this apparently faulty update?

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
The removal means that all the local music is lost. It is not possible to recover it after uninstalling the application.

Our developers will analyse your problem.

Thank you for your understanding

Regards

22 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

The removal means that all the local music is lost. It is not possible to recover it after uninstalling the application.

Regards

Are you able to offer any simple method of restoring the items in my "PURCHASES" listing to my "OFFLINE LIBRARY"? I am not so worried about the few files "imported" for offline streaming.

1 hour ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

Regards

Following update, I have 19.8GB of cache, and cannot delete it via the program. Should I simply delete it in File Manager?

Windows 10. Cache path had been set by me to my D: drive. 20GB allocated.

Upon upgrade, cache is lost (not a problem), but 19.8GB still consumed.

Clicking "empty the cache" is confirmed with "cache has been flushed". But Qobuz program still says 19.8GB consumed, and Windows File Manager also says 19.8GB consumed.

1 hour ago, Nethersage said:

Are you able to offer any simple method of restoring the items in my "PURCHASES" listing to my "OFFLINE LIBRARY"? I am not so worried about the few files "imported" for offline streaming.

The content of your purchases is not deleted from your disk. You can find it in the location indicated on the Qobuz application.
However, downloaded purchases will no longer be visible in the application's local music. But still usable outside the Qobuz application.

34 minutes ago, Mark Dirac said:

Following update, I have 19.8GB of cache, and cannot delete it via the program. Should I simply delete it in File Manager?

Windows 10. Cache path had been set by me to my D: drive. 20GB allocated.

Upon upgrade, cache is lost (not a problem), but 19.8GB still consumed.

Clicking "empty the cache" is confirmed with "cache has been flushed". But Qobuz program still says 19.8GB consumed, and Windows File Manager also says 19.8GB consumed.

Yes you can remove all the content in the cache directory of the application.

2 hours ago, left channel said:

I've been very happy with the overall performance improvements in recent updates. My Qobuz app for Windows app just updated to 5.7.2, however the version history has not been updated since 5.6.4. @David Craff would you mind posting the missing change log here? 

Hi,

Yes change log must be :

- Update general performance

- Fix several issues with import feature

- New audio stream manager

Regards

23 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

Problem already identified. It will be corrected asap.

Regards

Hi David

The support team are suggesting I may not have full albums which is not the case and seems invalid for the number involved.

Dear customer,

Thank you for your message.

Can you try to click on one of the album not displayed on your iOS app in the Mac app ? Does all the 19 albums are full ? Or just a couple of tracks from them are selected as "favorites" ? If that's the case, they will be in the "tracks" section of your favorites in the iOS apps.

Best regards

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806

@David Craff Qobuz emailed me ("reached out to me") to complete a questionnaire about Family Subscription and my household's consumption of music. I had to abort the questionnaire because so many of the questions are about how other members of my household behave. But the questionnaire doesn't allow at all for the possibility that other members (ie. my wife) do not consume music at all. And do not posses any "music consumption devices" at all. And so the questionnaire became nonsensical.

Thought your colleagues might like to know that their questionnaire massively over-estimates the interest in "music consumption" on the part of many many people.

On 11/27/2020 at 10:27 AM, goon525 said:

Back in August, there was a joint presentation by Qobuz and Linn’s MD, in which Gilad Tiefenbrun announced that Linn’s excellent record label was coming to Qobuz. It’s now late November and there’s no sign - what’s happened?

3 hours ago, keeper said:

Hi David

The support team are suggesting I may not have full albums which is not the case and seems invalid for the number involved.

Dear customer,

Thank you for your message.

Can you try to click on one of the album not displayed on your iOS app in the Mac app ? Does all the 19 albums are full ? Or just a couple of tracks from them are selected as "favorites" ? If that's the case, they will be in the "tracks" section of your favorites in the iOS apps.

Best regards

Hi

I think the support didn't quite understand your problem!

I confirm that this problem is known and will be solved.

Regards

2 hours ago, Mark Dirac said:

@David Craff Qobuz emailed me ("reached out to me") to complete a questionnaire about Family Subscription and my household's consumption of music. I had to abort the questionnaire because so many of the questions are about how other members of my household behave. But the questionnaire doesn't allow at all for the possibility that other members (ie. my wife) do not consume music at all. And do not posses any "music consumption devices" at all. And so the questionnaire became nonsensical.

Thought your colleagues might like to know that their questionnaire massively over-estimates the interest in "music consumption" on the part of many many people.

Thanks for this feedback, I'll forward to the dedicated service.

Regards