IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

17 hours ago, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

Who knows why the supplier ... failed to include the concluding tracks on these two masterworks of rock.

I have noticed similar, and fear (although with no evidence) that it is a new marketing fashion to exclude (or to provide only a sample of) one track of an album in order to encourage people to go and buy the download or CD.

5 minutes ago, Mark Dirac said:

I have noticed similar, and fear (although with no evidence) that it is a new marketing fashion to exclude (or to provide only a sample of) one track of an album in order to encourage people to go and buy the download or CD.

That may be true in some cases... but in this case it appears that if I were to purchase the download version from Qobuz it is missing the final track as well. Usually when a track is not available for streaming it is shown in the track listing but is greyed out. I see that the entire albums are available as MP3 purchases on Amazon. I do not buy MP3s, so I ordered the CDs online from Amazon yesterday. The CDs and those streaming or download versions are the same versions on the Groenland label, but on Qobuz at least they're missing a track.

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."   ~ Noel Scott Engel

13 hours ago, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

That may be true in some cases... but in this case it appears that if I were to purchase the download version from Qobuz it is missing the final track as well. Usually when a track is not available for streaming it is shown in the track listing but is greyed out. I see that the entire albums are available as MP3 purchases on Amazon. I do not buy MP3s, so I ordered the CDs online from Amazon yesterday. The CDs and those streaming or download versions are the same versions on the Groenland label, but on Qobuz at least they're missing a track.

Hi

I follow your feedback to our supply chain.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

I have noticed an issue with the Android app that I don't recall seeing mentioned here before (apologies if I missed it).  Like most media players, Qobuz shows a small window on the lockscreen indicating the current track and the output destination.  But unlike other players, that window does not include controls like play/pause and skip.  So in order to pause the playback, you need to unlock the phone and navigate to the Qobuz app in full-screen mode.  The lock screen shortcut mini-window is designed to be interactive, and those controls are well implemented by other media apps.  I've included screenshots below (from my Google Pixel 4a), showing the comparison between Qobuz and Amazon music.  Any information about this issue would be helpful.  Thanks, Tom

Screenshot_20210202-204254.thumb.png.73e8ce6fd3218dcd24d67a4945d9a15d.png

Screenshot_20210202-204605.thumb.png.d05706fcfe114ae24b018c1c0609db24.png

1 hour ago, Thomas74 said:

Hi!

I think I’ve found a bug in the Qobuz player for Apple macOS. It’s about quality for high-res music when played from ”playlist” vs ”album”.

When I play music from an album, for example Joe Levano’s Garden of Expression, every song is played flawless in high-res 24/96. But when the same song is played from a playlist, for example Qobuz Hi-Res New Releases, the song goes from 96 kHz to 44 kHz after a couple of seconds.

I can verify in Apple macOS MIDI-application that the Qobuz player changes the stream from 96 kHz to 44 kHz as well (but ONLY if the song is played from the playlist).

This behavior for high-res songs is not limited to the above mentioned playlist and song, it happens with more or less all playlists.

My equipment:

Apple iMac Pro with macOS Big Sur (11.2)

Qobuz Studio (5.7.2-b024)

RME ADI-2 DAC fs

To reproduce the error:

1. Play a high-res song from some playlist.
  2. Monitor playback resolution.
  3. Eventually a song will stop playing for a second and then continue. This typically happens 5 sec after the song has started.
  4. The resolution has now changed from the value in step 2.

To confirm album version of the same song:

1. Go to the album version for the same song as above (in the playlist, you can click on the album name for the song)
  2. Play the song.
  3. Confirm that the song not stops or changes resolution during playback.

Regards, Thomas

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

This issue is know and will be fix in the next release.

Regards

On 2/5/2021 at 9:06 AM, David Craff said:

This issue is know and will be fix in the next release.

Do you have a time frame for the next release and a hint of what's in it, I know you mentioned the ability to change the background from white to black but I was wondering if you can share the other fixes or enhancements

The Truth Is Out There

56 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi @David Craff, I've had tons of issues on CarPlay lately. Often music won't even play, other times it will play but the album art will be from a totally different album, etc... This may be related to iOS 11.2. Not sure. 

I'm not aware about mobile issue but I will forward to the dedicated person.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi @David Craff, I've had tons of issues on CarPlay lately. Often music won't even play, other times it will play but the album art will be from a totally different album, etc... This may be related to iOS 11.2. Not sure. 

They tell me that the update will arrive march/april

2 hours ago, David Craff said:

- US dedicated language

I know you are too busy for nonsense.  Still I have to ask if you could provide an example of this change?  x-D

When your first big update to search capability was launched (well over a year ago) I considered tabling the issue of Asian and other less traditionally used characters.  Since that point I've noticed my set of test search strings have repeatedly produced better and better results.  K-Pop, yes, but more so contributions to genres your catalog is historically strong on such as classical and jazz.  Catalog searches well outside popular culture awareness your service amazes are possible to stream.  

I consider this resolution of an issue progress continues on.  Typical of the changes that go largely unrecognized. Some effort and long term observation lie behind this claim.  There was a point 郎朗  or 黃河之子 returned nothing of use.  Though far from an obscurity.  In the US it's importance when considered among the zillions of searches for any leading pop star is exactly that.      

For those not sure what message was being delivered above.  Not entirely sure why Lang Lang or Dragon Songs were undiscoverable using any refinement of the search engine on Qobuz.  In any country on any platform.  Exactly what type of sarcasm and biting wit were being used to cut through down to an obvious defect.  In direct contrast with calls for positive respectful conduct enriching of a much desired platform for high res streaming.

A request was authored which could not be respected at the time.  Provide a clear report on our search capability with examples including research, results, expectations.. Obviously structured for internal usage.  Pointing of bony fingers in furtive complaint, in a market geographically and culturally removed to the extent of using only language - poorly enough to require a simplified form - on a service built around fluency in many, could only fall well short of the intellect or sophistication already present. 

Satisfaction the unavoidable "tout le monde voit midi à sa porte sur les réseaux sociaux" (Everyone sees noon at their own doorway to social media is a gross bastardization of French proverb delineating self importance in all matters) removed polite in depth analysis from outside minds to an indeterminate later date.  A point where the fresh and convivial building up of ideas might commence.      

27 minutes ago, rando said:

Not entirely sure why Lang Lang or Dragon Songs were undiscoverable using any refinement of the search engine on Qobuz. 

I'm not entirely understanding possible subtexts in this exchange, but FYI: with the "new" Lang Lang Goldberg Variations CD--the actual CD--it does not show up when ripped with/into Aurender Conductor software. A friend had similar experience in JRMedia. Seems to me that there is something about the meta-data encoding (lack of?) from Deutsche Gramophone. I had to locate files by date and rename. Fun.

I'm MarkusBarkus and I approve this post.10C78B47-4B41-4675-BB84-885019B72A8B.thumb.png.adc3586c8cc9851ecc7960401af05782.png

47 minutes ago, rando said:

For those not sure what message was being delivered above.  Not entirely sure why Lang Lang or Dragon Songs were undiscoverable using any refinement of the search engine on Qobuz.  In any country on any platform.  Exactly what type of sarcasm and biting wit were being used to cut through down to an obvious defect.  In direct contrast with calls for positive respectful conduct enriching of a much desired platform for high res streaming.

A request was authored which could not be respected at the time.  Provide a clear report on our search capability with examples including research, results, expectations.. Obviously structured for internal usage.  Pointing of bony fingers in furtive complaint, in a market geographically and culturally removed to the extent of using only language - poorly enough to require a simplified form - on a service built around fluency in many, could only fall well short of the intellect or sophistication already present. 

Satisfaction the unavoidable "tout le monde voit midi à sa porte sur les réseaux sociaux" (Everyone sees noon at their own doorway to social media is a gross bastardization of French proverb delineating self importance in all matters) removed polite in depth analysis from outside minds to an indeterminate later date.  A point where the fresh and convivial building up of ideas might commence.      

I'm sorry, my english is not enough to understand yours even with deepl or google trad.

If you can send me a pm with a more academic english for an french guy. I will answer you.

2 minutes ago, MarkusBarkus said:

I'm not entirely understanding possible subtexts in this exchange

Not all messages are meant for all ears.  This one was aimed towards a set of members who had drifted away or simply rediverted focus once certain conditions set in.  The gist of it was focusing on finer elements that weren't so prevalent in the EU.  

2 minutes ago, MarkusBarkus said:

the "new" Lang Lang Goldberg Variations CD--the actual CD--it does not show up when ripped with/into Aurender Conductor software. A friend had similar experience in JRMedia. Seems to me that there is something about the meta-data encoding (lack of?) from Deutsche Gramophone. I had to locate files by date and rename. Fun.

Interesting.  Surely the Music subforums would love to hear more about this. 

However, the metadata and all other album material appear quite complete on Qobuz.  

8 minutes ago, David Craff said:

I'm sorry, my english is not enough to understand yours even with deepl or google trad.

I understand the need for a less complex explanation.  Allow me to send you a private response laying out in very clear terms my intent.

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

My English isn't "good" enough for Rando either. 

I hold out hope for improvements.  Removal of flowery hyperbolic marketing biased language from your diet might promote appearance of better understanding all that lies without.  😙

22 minutes ago, MarkusBarkus said:

I'm not entirely understanding possible subtexts in this exchange, but FYI: with the "new" Lang Lang Goldberg Variations CD--the actual CD--it does not show up when ripped with/into Aurender Conductor software. A friend had similar experience in JRMedia. Seems to me that there is something about the meta-data encoding (lack of?) from Deutsche Gramophone. I had to locate files by date and rename. Fun.

Perhaps the album has a leading period or dot "." that causes it to be hidden by many operating systems. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png