IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

On 12/25/2020 at 5:46 AM, Delius Myth said:

Hi Please can someone explain why there is no longer an option to view booklets on the android app? I noticed this feature was unavailable about 2-3 weeks ago and had hoped it was temporary.  I do a lot of my listening on my android device and thereforethis features disappearance is distressing.

I wondered if @David Craff there had been any official response to this?  The booklets are available on the desktop app but not on the android app.  As I listen to a lot of music on the Android app it was an extremely useful feature to be able to access booklet notes there.  It really involves a lot of faff to have to download the booklets from the website and then email myself in order to read them, particularly as a lot of my listening will not be planned in advance.  An explanation for this change would be helpful along with any indication of when normal service will resume...

On 1/6/2021 at 4:01 PM, Delius Myth said:

I wondered if @David Craff there had been any official response to this?  The booklets are available on the desktop app but not on the android app.  As I listen to a lot of music on the Android app it was an extremely useful feature to be able to access booklet notes there.  It really involves a lot of faff to have to download the booklets from the website and then email myself in order to read them, particularly as a lot of my listening will not be planned in advance.  An explanation for this change would be helpful along with any indication of when normal service will resume...

Sorry for the late answer.

This issue is fix in the last android version.

Regards

Qobuz Product Manager for Desktop, Web Player and Search Engine.

On 1/1/2021 at 11:23 AM, RichardSF said:

Something is going wrong when I filter new releases to Classical genre. These are not new releases at all. In fact, some of them I had favorited months ago.

Just a couple of days ago it was working correctly, and the list seems correct if I remove the filter and display all genres.

Screen Shot 2021-01-01 at 11.08.04 AM.png

I just wanted to report that this issue has been fixed, as of 1/8/2021.

On 1/5/2021 at 11:13 AM, goon525 said:

Broken record time...but here we are in 2021, and the addition of the Linn classical and jazz catalogues, promised in a Qobuz/Linn broadcast back in August, has still not taken place. Linn say they have provided Qobuz with the files - so what's (not) going on?

+1. Can't wait to get Linn onto Qobuz

Hello, does the community have a view on Qobuz customer service response cycles?

They have been terrible IME, even allowing for time differential and Covid impacts.

Perhaps the worse CS experience ever, in any sector.

I purchased 89 bucks worth of downloads last Thursday, it would not download, so I politely enquired to CS.

I dropped Tidal based on MQA related philosophical differences discussed here on AS, and am on trial review with Qobuz.

Streaming is fine, but my purchase experience is a complete failure.

I'm sure the issue is due to something I am or am not doing correctly, but how about a little help? 

Anyone have a non-email contact pathway (or other suggestion)? Thanks for any help you may offer. 

I'm MarkusBarkus and I approve this post.10C78B47-4B41-4675-BB84-885019B72A8B.thumb.png.adc3586c8cc9851ecc7960401af05782.png

27 minutes ago, MarkusBarkus said:

Hello, does the community have a view on Qobuz customer service response cycles?

They have been terrible IME, even allowing for time differential and Covid impacts.

Perhaps the worse CS experience ever, in any sector.

I purchased 89 bucks worth of downloads last Thursday, it would not download, so I politely enquired to CS.

I dropped Tidal based on MQA related philosophical differences discussed here on AS, and am on trial review with Qobuz.

Streaming is fine, but my purchase experience is a complete failure.

I'm sure the issue is due to something I am or am not doing correctly, but how about a little help? 

Anyone have a non-email contact pathway (or other suggestion)? Thanks for any help you may offer. 

Tag @David Craff

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Yes, I see the purchases listed there. I saw the purchases when I originally made them.

My issue was in trying to make the actual download to a windows-based laptop. The downloads failed multiple times, as I explained to Qobuz CS via email. 

I appreciate your replies here @dmackta. I would be happy to take this out of the public forum, if you prefer. That said, if you think it beneficial to the group, carry on.

From my second email to Q (Saturday), replying to some of their questions:

"The transaction was made on a Windows machine, paid with VISA CC. The purchase process was fine.

However, I could never download the files to the machine. It would begin, but never complete.

FYI: there is no Qobuz app on the machine. Is it required? I had planned to download to that machine and transfer to my Aurender ACS10 via USB.

Is this allowed?

I use an iPad to run my Aurender, but I have no idea how to tranfer files from that control iPad to the Aurender. I cannot download direct to Aurender, as I see it.

So far as I understand it, I would need to add files via USB. There is no other computer or NAS device.

Purchase transaction was via WiFi. Download was attempted via WiFi a few times. There was adequate storage on the machine. No bandwidth issues noted. Normal connectivity and bandwidth. Checked other sites, etc.

Is this enough to begin? I suspect I am not fully aware of what you require to download.

Merci,

Mark"

Thank you...

Mark

I'm MarkusBarkus and I approve this post.10C78B47-4B41-4675-BB84-885019B72A8B.thumb.png.adc3586c8cc9851ecc7960401af05782.png

1 minute ago, MarkusBarkus said:

Is this enough to begin? I suspect I am not fully aware of what you require to download.

Mark if you are having trouble, I am sure others are as well. There is nothing special required to download purchased music from Qobuz. The Qobuz app is not required, nor is a Qobuz streaming subscription. You can put them on a music server just like files you would rip from your discs or get from any other source. 

Can you tell me what what format you are trying to download in? Is it a huge box set? 

2 minutes ago, MarkusBarkus said:

@dmackta:

five downloads, some hi-res, some red book. No box sets. I'll have to try a different laptop tonight. 

But confirming: I can download to a laptop, load onto a USB stick, and physically load into Aurender, per usual for me. That process OK? Cheers...

Mark

You will have no problem re: transferring downloaded files via usb stick. Try downloading individual tracks rather than full albums if you continue to have problems. May indicate some other issue.  Also try a different browser perhaps. 

Hello  @David Craff Qobuz has invited me to pay ~£150 to renew for the next year, which I am keen to do. But I listen to Qobuz through Moode on my Allo RPi, authorised by BubbleUPnP.   If I renew for a year, will Qobuz continue to permit me to listen via this choice of streaming?  Or will I be forced to play from the Qobuz app on my Windows PC (which does not sound good), or to buy an expensive streamer?

I get the impression that Qobuz are not collaborating with the FOSS community as effectively as they collaborate with the commercial manufacturers?

Regards,        Mark.
14 hours ago, Mark Dirac said:
Hello  @David Craff Qobuz has invited me to pay ~£150 to renew for the next year, which I am keen to do. But I listen to Qobuz through Moode on my Allo RPi, authorised by BubbleUPnP.   If I renew for a year, will Qobuz continue to permit me to listen via this choice of streaming?  Or will I be forced to play from the Qobuz app on my Windows PC (which does not sound good), or to buy an expensive streamer?

I get the impression that Qobuz are not collaborating with the FOSS community as effectively as they collaborate with the commercial manufacturers?

Regards,        Mark.

Hi,

We are not against FOSS, on the contrary. The problem is that in order to work, this software must identify itself on our API. And more often than not, the identification information is not hidden or encrypted and ends up in the hands of hackers. Taking advantage of the information to rip our catalog.

We do not yet have a solution adapted to open source software.

Regards

On 1/5/2021 at 11:13 AM, goon525 said:

Broken record time...but here we are in 2021, and the addition of the Linn classical and jazz catalogues, promised in a Qobuz/Linn broadcast back in August, has still not taken place. Linn say they have provided Qobuz with the files - so what's (not) going on?

Hi,

Here is the news about your demand.
We are in contact with Linn, but no contract has been signed yet. It is under negotiation.

Therefore, it doesn't matter if we receive the files, they are not for the moment exploitable without a contract.

Regards

49 minutes ago, Mark Dirac said:

Where there's a will, there's a way. There are some very talented, expert, creative and honest people willing to contribute if only Qobuz were willing to collaborate.

I don't understand what you're saying. You imply that Qobuz doesn't want to collaborate, but you have no idea what Qobuz's problems and desires are.