IGNORED

CA Readers Choice Awards 2017

3 hours ago, bobfa said:

I am rebuilding my music systems this year and the things that have brought the most amazement to me are as follows:

Hardware:

1. Hubbell hospital grade outlet.  Best $18 I have spent on hardware.

2. Mytek Brooklyn DAC: new to me in 2017 but what a great sounding “Swiss army knife”

Software:

1. Roon 1.3 software upgrade.  The Best free software update I have ever gotten.

2. Sonic orbiter 2.5 software; really a software update improved sonic quality....  Great $20

3. Audirvana 3.1 software update: MQA for my desktop system and much more.

Something I have spent many hours listening to but did not buy yet. (I used to work at a high end audio store that closed in September so I got the listen to a LOT of gear)

Neat Acoustics Iota Alpha speakers !!  Get them placed right and wow. 

I have a bunch of hardware on order that I hope will take things further but since it is not here and setup I can only “Hope for now” and will report back in 2018!

May I know the effect of Hubble hospital grade outlet

So many entries for hardware that barely make a difference!

Here are some truly great additions this year!

Mcintosh MA5300 (Mcintosh added an upgradeable DAC module...now if they will get an ENET port added to that digital module they will be in business)!

Focal Sopra N2 Speakers (came out at end of 2016, but didnt see reviews or deserved attention until 2017)

Nativ Vita - Possibly if i can get my hands on one....if the SOTM and Sonore are on the list, this should be too....network roon endpoint same as sotm & sonore, but also includes stylish touch screen for less money!

OPPO 205  - so many reviews suggest it is the best bang for the buck!

LUMIN D2 - Network player AND DAC with great reviews for $2K....sets the benchmark imho....who can do better for less?!

Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital  - another great bargain.  More hardware needs to be included in the list for best bang for the buck.  A dual mono-mono dac design with ES9038 chips for under $500 w/DSD 512 & MQA!  This should not be overlooked.

Class D amps are getting better and better and cheaper and hard to beat.

Mytek Brooklyn DAC, probably best DSD dac under $2k.

So I am a newbie to this forum (and not a robot, at least the last time I looked), but out of all the gear i've bought this year (ATC speakers, Chord DAC, Bryston amp) the SOtM Ultra line of products (sMS-200ultra, tX-USBultra, sPS-500) are the most impressive.

Still pretty shocked that SOtM might be creating fake accounts mind you. 

11 minutes ago, Jonny S said:

Still pretty shocked that SOtM might be creating fake accounts mind you. 

May Park of SOTM sent an email early this morning asking that recipients vote for SOTM products in this thread. It included a suggested list of the top three sotm products.

I have asked her to remove my address from her mailing list.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

10 minutes ago, lmitche said:

May Park of SOTM sent an email early this morning asking that recipients vote for SOTM products in this thread. It included a suggested list of the top three sotm products.

There's a pretty big difference between 'getting the vote out' and rigging an election. 

12 minutes ago, lmitche said:

So did Sonore on Dec 12th for their Rendus products. I have no problem with it.

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

1 hour ago, lmitche said:

Of course, in normal times, but after getting caught in fraudulent voting it is insulting to CA members to follow with such a request.  An apology would have been more in order.

Absolutely Larry!  Emails asking for endorsements??  Stunning lack of character imo.  

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.