IGNORED

Denafrips R2R DAC (plays 512 DSD) reviewed as giant killer

17 hours ago, StreamFidelity said:

Thank you 🍻

@matthias

The next one may get DSP-T V08 board. 😁

I have not made a comparison between NOS and OS yet. At the moment I only listen NOS with HQPlayer DSD 512. That is already an excellent sound.

Great, may I suggest you to try and compare dsd 512 which you are using vs PCM? I would very much appreciate your feedback. Your preferred filter, I use closed form and minring lp mostly. 

Thanks 

On 7/17/2019 at 7:34 PM, butifull01 said:

New cheaper SGMs will be two models.

Please, can you share some more information?

I hope Taiko Audio will launch a model without internal storage for lovers of streaming only from Qobuz etc.

Thanks

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

Hi @rothosand,

Here you go, the changes log:

https://www.thesycon.de/usbaudio/TUSBAudio_history.txt

@butifull01, awesome setup you have there!

@StreamFidelity, impressive reports, much appreciated! Thank you for loving the Terminator DAC!

Enjoy the music!

Cheers,

Alvin

Alvin Chee, Vinshine Audio Pte. Ltd (Singapore)

Loyalty Program

A small gesture initiative to reward our Loyal Customers - Loyalty Program - Join Us Now!

Hi Alvin @alvin1118

I cannot use the Allo Bridge with the new DSP board, the Amanero board worked fine but the Allo Bridge Dietpi have the incorrect driver. While I already turned to Allo @Allo @ALLOsupport @Audio_Allo to figure out the driver issue I'm also asking you as you or Denafrips probably would know how to support the board on these devices. Do you know any Linux Dietpi etc. drivers that could be used?

Thanks

@matthias, i discussed briefly with DENAFRIPS. DSD will not be upsampled. 

@luisma, a customer reported similar issue. He has a Allo Bridge running dietpi roon, music playback was 2x the usual speed. The only way he can get it played back correctly is to use roon to upsample to DSD512. Can you try that too?

I use RPI dietpi (not allobridge), it works well with the new DSP. Could it be the Allo Bridge driver issue?

Alvin Chee, Vinshine Audio Pte. Ltd (Singapore)

Loyalty Program

A small gesture initiative to reward our Loyal Customers - Loyalty Program - Join Us Now!

9 hours ago, coach65 said:

Has anyone here paired the Denefrips pontes with any of the innuos servers? Or any of the Denefrips dac's

Hi,

I am using Zenith Mk2 with the Terminator, but I have the soTm Trifecta in the chain as well. I love it. My sms-200 is the end point. I find it gives a bit more body compared to just from the Zenith to the DAC. YMMV. happy listening.