IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

Didn't mention it, but when my music is playing, i can sync, edit covers, tags and save without bugs.

Even doing mp3 conversion with JRiver at the same time for my new files, then copying those to my other Mac

with screen sharing to put those mp3 to another hard drive :)  so, that spinning is not supposed to be there for you...

Maybe it is more your preferences of A+ that have to be trashed, but rebuilding database won't hurt also :)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

26 minutes ago, OtisGus said:

Note that you have 2X more memory than I. My 8GB to your 16GB. 

But you have a quad core 3.3 more recent, mine 2 core, 2.5 ?

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

@OtisGus One thing you may want to do when you experience too slow response time navigating in the library, is to defragment the database.

For this use the File menu command: Library > Optimize database...

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

On 3/21/2018 at 1:08 AM, OtisGus said:
I have an iMac 5K 8GB memory AMD Radeon R9 M395 3.3GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5. Are there settings on my computer or Audirvana that would solve this problem?

Memory isn't the issue.  Memory is only used for tracks preload.  You can get by with less than 8,  so 8 is more than sufficient.  And your processing power is more than adequate.  I have a lesser spec'd processor than you do (with 8 gigs ram as well) and have no issues even upsampling to DSD128.

2 hours ago, OtisGus said:

It's working nicely now.

Now that you are all good,

Close A+.

Go to User folder... Home Folder... Library... Applications Support... Audirvana Folder...
Copy the file in that folder, that is your database of music, back it up! In a folder somewhere else name todays date and put in it also your A+ preferences there too

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Preferences...
Copy the file: com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences).

Now if a bug occured of something get corrupted you just have to close A+ and put your latest backup 2 files where they go and you’ll be like it was that day of the backup,  so when editing a lot, backup ?

All my smart playlists are also exported somewhere just in case they disappear with a new update...

Gapless playback question.

Are there any gapless playback settings or preferences that need to be set in A+ (3.2.6) and/or an ultraRendu (SonicOrbiter OS) used on a network? Or is it automatic.

Tidal (HiFi subscription): 

https://tidal.com/album/10970756 Tracks 10 > 11 (Sibelius 2nd Symphony, Paavo Berglund, Chamber Orchestra of Europe)

I'm pretty sure this is a Tidal issue but I thought I would ask the experts here.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

8 hours ago, rodrigaj said:

Gapless playback question.

Are there any gapless playback settings or preferences that need to be set in A+ (3.2.6) and/or an ultraRendu (SonicOrbiter OS) used on a network? Or is it automatic.

Tidal (HiFi subscription): 

https://tidal.com/album/10970756 Tracks 10 > 11 (Sibelius 2nd Symphony, Paavo Berglund, Chamber Orchestra of Europe)

I'm pretty sure this is a Tidal issue but I thought I would ask the experts here.

It should be automatic but I don’t play through network.  My DAC is connected directly through USB or Schiit Eitr to my computer.  When I stream through network to oppo Blu-ray then I cannot get gapless.  I think it is related to the devices in the chain since they need to buffer the track to play it right.

if you play music through Tidal app then it will not play gapless since Tidal still does not play gapless, but Tidal through Adrivana does play gapless.

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

• 2 weeks later...

Really liking Audirvana. 

Only suggestion I would like to request is that you make a “night mode”. If you had the option to make a black skin, then when you’re listening at night the computer screen is not so bright. Also I work the night shift. It’s easier on the eyes if the screen is dark with white lettering. 

2 hours ago, OtisGus said:

Really liking Audirvana. 

Only suggestion I would like to request is that you make a “night mode”. If you had the option to make a black skin, then when you’re listening at night the computer screen is not so bright. Also I work the night shift. It’s easier on the eyes if the screen is dark with white lettering. 

It's coming :)

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

6 hours ago, OtisGus said:

Really liking Audirvana. 

On the Mac, you can set one of the Hot Corners to turn off the screen.

Server: Mac Mini 3.2GHz-i7, 512Gb - 16Gb macOS 13.x & Audirvana Origin  DAC: Benchmark DAC3B  Linestage: Benchmark LA4  Amp: Benchmark AHB2 x2  Speakers: Revel F328Be

When you're racing... it's Life. Anything that happens before or after, it's just waiting.
- Steve McQueen, Le Mans

@damien78,  feature requests:

How about the ability to oversample DSD 64 and DSD 128 to DSD 256?  That would be really nice for users of DSC-1 and DSC-2 style DACs, as well as T+A and a few others...

And, a DSD capable volume control when oversampling to DSD and streaming over Network would be really nice as well...  I am going to need this eventually for DSD DACs...

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Quick Question on Audirvana and DietPi.

If I install DietPi on a Pi, will DietPi out of the box connect as a renderer for Audirvana,

or do I need to install other software on DietPi?

TY!

Qobuz - HQPlayer(d) 5 - M1 Mini - RPI 5 8gb - Nuc i7 - Signature Silver DC - Keces P3 PS - Lush USB - Holo Spring Dac - SRC-DX - Chord Mojo2 - Bottlehead Crack Upgraded w/ GEC or Tung-Sol 6as7/vt231 - Triode Wire Labs AC - HD-650 - GR Research V2 - Dennis Murphy Pioneer BS22 - B&W 602 S2 - Apple Music Spatial 7.1.4

1 hour ago, jkelly said:

Quick Question on Audirvana and DietPi.

If I install DietPi on a Pi, will DietPi out of the box connect as a renderer for Audirvana,

or do I need to install other software on DietPi?

TY!

I believe you need to install a Dlna program. There a couple in the list of downloads for diet pi. I use gmrender.

4 hours ago, Fridolin said:

I hope as option only. I hate black user interfaces!

You'll be able to choose between light and dark UI

5 hours ago, barrows said:

@damien78,  feature requests:

How about the ability to oversample DSD 64 and DSD 128 to DSD 256?  That would be really nice for users of DSC-1 and DSC-2 style DACs, as well as T+A and a few others...

And, a DSD capable volume control when oversampling to DSD and streaming over Network would be really nice as well...  I am going to need this eventually for DSD DACs...

DSD in essence is a signal that can't be modified without converting it to PCM or at least to a multi-bit signal (e.g. 5 or 3 bits).

So this could be possible, by doing this double conversion + filtering.

But I don't want to do it just to tick the box, so I'll take the time to find one that brings a real sonic benefit, without burning your CPU...

4 hours ago, Fridolin said:

I hate black user interfaces!

If you only knew the power of the Dark Side. 

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

1 hour ago, damien78 said:

DSD in essence is a signal that can't be modified without converting it to PCM or at least to a multi-bit signal (e.g. 5 or 3 bits).

So this could be possible, by doing this double conversion + filtering.

But I don't want to do it just to tick the box, so I'll take the time to find one that brings a real sonic benefit, without burning your CPU...

Thanks Damien, yes, DSD "wide" is probably the way to go, no sample rate change, just re-modulating to 64 bit, and back.  But I am certainly in favor of taking your time on this to get it right.  This is a real advantage for those who use "straight" DSD DACs and do not want the added circuitry of a pre-amp.  

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio