IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

Hello everyone, I have a question:

I just bought the new Chord Qutest DAC ? and I discover I don't have the use the upsample nor the oversample possibility's A+ has to offer, and everything is working fine (Chord is doing his own upsampling). Now to my question: this DAC is capable of 512 native DSD playback, but A+ is not seeing this possibility, so I have configure this by hand, I assume. Does someone know which settings I should use?

Thanks in advance!

gr. Jos.

3 hours ago, jos said:

Hello everyone, I have a question:

I just bought the new Chord Qutest DAC ? and I discover I don't have the use the upsample nor the oversample possibility's A+ has to offer, and everything is working fine (Chord is doing his own upsampling). Now to my question: this DAC is capable of 512 native DSD playback, but A+ is not seeing this possibility, so I have configure this by hand, I assume. Does someone know which settings I should use?

Thanks in advance!

gr. Jos.

The same with  my M2Tech Young DSD, you have to set DSD manually (Native DSD Capability: DSD over PCM standard 1.1)

5a917c3c7294b_Senzatitolo.thumb.jpeg.bda2cecc629cb25db8e9eecd7f6affcd.jpeg

Stefano

My audio system

12 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

The same with  my M2Tech Young DSD, you have to set DSD manually (Native DSD Capability: DSD over PCM standard 1.1)

5a917c3c7294b_Senzatitolo.thumb.jpeg.bda2cecc629cb25db8e9eecd7f6affcd.jpeg

Thanks, Stefano! But I don't see DSD512 is lighting up, only DSD64, DSD128 and DSD 256. Is there a reason for that?

8 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

No 512 on Mac...

15 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

I’m sorry jos, I cannot help you on this ... hope someone else on this forum will explain this problem

RunHomeSlow,

You are right indeed, there is a need for a driver to do that and there is no driver for Mac, only for Windows. It's clear now, thank you both! It is not really a problem for me, because I converted all my files to ALAC, including DSD files using DSDMaster.

Hey @damien78, what's up with LeedH volume control?  Any news yet...

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Hi Folks,

New user to Audirvana and also the CA community.

Firstly, hello to you all.

I am trying to install Audirvana 3.2.6 on my MacBook Pro (High Sierra 10.13.2)

I cannot get the trial working as I keep getting the following message: -

5a96fe551a0c2_ScreenShot2018-02-28at19_08_48.thumb.png.9c0536c52c26ac129e5fd80baf763570.png

Do any of you knowledgable people have any idea why this is happening?

Many Thanks

Wayne

I have an odd question to ask.  I am currently using ROON running on an i3 Intel NUC ROCK (Linux box) serving to a dCS Bridge then to my DAC.  

I also have a license for A+.

I am firmly convinced that A+ is a superior sounding player and when asking ROON to work with classical metadata it is apparent to me that A+ is far easier and intuitive for library management.  Odd considering that is ROON’s primary selling point.  Suspect the majority of ROON users dabble in but are not immersed in classical music and overlook failings that seem apparent to me.

So my question...the NUC is fanless and powered by a Soundbooster LPS and could, I assume, run Windows and the latest network A+ replacing ROON.  Not having used Windows for such a long period of time I am at a loss at where and how to begin.  Note the ROON ROCK OS is simply bulletproof.  I wish we had a Linux OS for A+ to run in a similar hardware environment.

Can Windows be “pared down” to eliminate unnecessary processes and, if so, is this a constant struggle to turn off auto updates and the like?  

Is there a version of Windows that is the sonic sweet spot?  Are there ancillary programs to curtail the Windows OS?

My thanks, in advance, for any thoughts may be willing to share.  

This all may be beyond my limited computer skills although I did assemble the NUC so can blunder along.

1 hour ago, wdw said:

Suspect the majority of ROON users dabble in but are not immersed in classical music and overlook failings that seem apparent to me.

85% of my music library is classical (mostly ancient/medieval/baroque) and, sorry, I totally disagree

sure: there are some inconsistencies and mistakes but... just having a sidebar, when you pick any album, with every other album by the same interpreters is invaluable to me :) (I won't even mention cross-references)

and there's much, much, much more in Roon ;) (plus... it doesn't touch my files' metadata *ever*)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

9 hours ago, wdw said:

Suspect the majority of ROON users dabble in but are not immersed in classical music and overlook failings that seem apparent to me.

8 hours ago, pl_svn said:

85% of my music library is classical (mostly ancient/medieval/baroque) and, sorry, I totally disagree

As do I. While my library is about 75% classical, my listening is probably closer to 90%.

I started out feeling the way you do about Roon, but once I discovered a couple of tricks to bend it to my will, I have never looked back. Yes, it's not perfect, but it is still light years ahead of metadata driven music servers. And I am someone who obsessively grooms my metadata. Wait, that sounds a bit weird. :D

2 hours ago, austinpop said:

As do I. While my library is about 75% classical, my listening is probably closer to 90%.

I started out feeling the way you do about Roon, but once I discovered a couple of tricks to bend it to my will, I have never looked back. Yes, it's not perfect, but it is still light years ahead of metadata driven music servers. And I am someone who obsessively grooms my metadata. Wait, that sounds a bit weird. :D

I have found that I fall into a niche that Roon doesn't quite serve, for two reasons.

- One is that metadata is very easy for me. If I rip, it's usually automagically done for me by XLD, and downloads typically come with metadata adequate for my purposes. Anything missing can be fixed quickly with Yate. I nearly always search by artist name and album title, so my needs aren't great.

- Granted, Roon is light years ahead of any other app I can think of regarding information about music. But what I want in that area is often quirky enough that it's beyond Roon. For example, I wanted a friend to hear and compare Tom Waits' take on "Heigh Ho" with the original version from Snow White, and Roon couldn't fetch the original for us. I also find I already know much of the information I'm interested in that Roon has regarding a piece of music.

All this probably leaves me in a relatively small minority where Roon is concerned.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 16/02/2018 at 11:27 AM, damien78 said:

Auto split of albums with same title and album artists, but in separate folders is coming in the upcoming 3.x release bringing the UI revamping. Can't promise a date yet ;) 

Any idea when the windows version will be released ?

I am especially keen on testing the "Leedh Processor".

4 hours ago, Jud said:

I have found that I fall into a niche that Roon doesn't quite serve, for two reasons.

- One is that metadata is very easy for me. If I rip, it's usually automagically done for me by XLD, and downloads typically come with metadata adequate for my purposes. Anything missing can be fixed quickly with Yate. I nearly always search by artist name and album title, so my needs aren't great.

- Granted, Roon is light years ahead of any other app I can think of regarding information about music. But what I want in that area is often quirky enough that it's beyond Roon. For example, I wanted a friend to hear and compare Tom Waits' take on "Heigh Ho" with the original version from Snow White, and Roon couldn't fetch the original for us. I also find I already know much of the information I'm interested in that Roon has regarding a piece of music.

All this probably leaves me in a relatively small minority where Roon is concerned.

this is my beef...I understand there are backdoors and hallways to search out a file but if I simple search for say, Beethoven, I am given:

Beethoven

Ludwig van Beethoven

Betthoven, Ludwig van (1770-1827)

Beethoven

Looking under any one of these silos will empty the search window so if I wanted to return to search the next in the stack the list is gone.

If I attempt to edit a files' metadata within ROON there is no option to revise the Composer label so to ensure these groups named above would show under one composer name.  I understand this search can be directed to the Composer list and then searched by first letter of last name but these results bring compositions and not albums.  Just not intuitive to me.

A+ using Jud's methods and Yate for initial correction and tidying up insures clean and clear library metadata 

6 hours ago, Vule said:

Regarding SQ things change when Roon is used with End Point device. 

Really hope so we’ll find more “serious”   A+ Ready   Audio Components in near future!

Huh?  MSB, Sonore, and Weiss are not "serious" enough for you?

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

I tried this question at the PS Audio Forums, but A+ experience is not common there.

This is what I've been using: PS Audio DSDac / Bridge II combination. Synology NAS running Minimserver and BubbleUPnP Server for Lumin App OpenHome Emulation. This has worked very well for me.

Getting the itch to try something different, I began experimenting with Audirvana+ 3.2.6 and Audirvana+ Remote. I'm having all sorts of problems:

1- The slider bar that shows time does not function most of the time. Sometimes it does, but most of the time it doesn't.

2- All of my files show up on the DSDac touch screen as WAV files, regardless of whether they are DSD64, FLAC, or MQA files.

3- The tracks do not increment. Sometimes they do....

When playing the same files using the Lumin App everything works as it should and the DSDac display shows up correctly.

I bought Audirvana+ Remote for control on my iPad and I'm running a trial version of Audirvana+ on my iMac that is connected to the same network as the NAS. I really wanted this to work because Audirvana+ when working is excellent.

Hoping someone with more experience can help. Is this an incompatibility between the Bridge II and Audirvana+?

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

The problem is, although DLNA is supposed to be universally compliant, it often is not.  For this to work with the PS Audio Bridge II, PS audio and Audirvana + developer @damien78, would probably have to work together a bit.

Or you could use a separate Ethernet Renderer like Sonore Rendu instead of the Bridge II (using a separate Renderer and removing the Bridge II may result in better performance as well).

I would recommend reaching out to PS Audio and encouraging them to work with @damien78, to make their products work together as it would benefit both companies.

SONORE computer audio

The problem is that the PS audio Bridge software is developed by the Taiwanese (or is it Sth Korean?)  company that make the Bridge hardware.

It seems that Bridge software updates have been a tedious process for PS audio - adding A+ specific code may just be too niche.

I've ceased playing with the Bridge connection on my DSJ with A+. If I want to use the Bridge connection I'll go with Roon, which works perfectly (RAAT compliant code on the Bridge).

In any case, for best SQ with my DSJ, ive gone back to Roon/hqplayer - upsampling to dsd128 over USB. Of course YMMV.

Mac M1 Mini RoonServer/HQPlayer> Holo May L2 > Benchmark HPA4

Headphones: Focal Utopia(2016), Sennheiser HD600, AKG K712 Pro
Speakers: ATC SCM100ASLT (active)

RE PS Audio Bridge:  We have quite a few customers using Sonore Rendu products with the PS Audio DS and DSJ DACs.  In fact the VP of Sonore uses the DS DAC in his reference system with a feed (USB) from the Sonore Signature Rendu SE, this runs direct to his Pass Labs X350.8 amplifier (he tried a BHK preamp in the system but it colored the sound, raised the noise, and resulted in less detail retrieval).  Our customers prefer the performance of an external Renderer to suing the Bridge II.  So that is one potential solution, albeit requiring the purchase of more gear.

I love the sound quality I get with A+ oversampling to DSD 128 in my system, via the Signature Rendu SE.

SONORE computer audio

I have A+ v3 and a PS Audio DS Sr. DAC with a Bridge II network card.  I stopped trying to get them to work together after many hours of frustration. 

Melco HA-N1ZH60 Mk. 1 --> USB --> Matrix X-SPDIF 2 --> I2S --> PS Audio DirectStream Sr. DAC --> XLR --> Mark Levinson No. 326S --> RCA --> JL Audio E-Sub e110 (active crossover @ 100 Hz) --> RCA --> Bryston 4B3 (Cubed) --> Magnepan .7

@barrows @tobes @Bootzilla Thanks for the responses. I really appreciate it; saved myself hours of frustration.. Looks like I'm out 10 bucks for the A+ Remote App. The A+ Trial will go into the bit bucket.

From the PS Audio forums, the Bridge II is on its way out and a new Bridge III is in the works with a totally self-contained playback ecosystem called Octave that is being developed by Richard Murrison, cofounder of Bit Perfect, along with his son Tim who is programming the core of Octave.

@barrows The original Sonore Rendu with SPDF and I2S served me well for 4 years :)

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham.