IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

4 hours ago, buonassi said:

I have to say guys, this responsiveness by @damien78 is exactly what I'd expect from a top-tier software vendor.  I don't mind the temporary downtime, provided the vendor is communicating the issue is being worked on.  

Damien is definitely on point here engaging the CA community quickly.  He may not get to every post or issue, but when it comes to mission-critical service issues, it's good to see he's on it.  

It's experiences like this that will keep me buying his software.  I'm more likely to be understanding of bugs etc if I know he's active and aware.  And he is.  I can only imagine the mountain of work that goes into building a software of this calibre.  It's quite humbling to compare this to what I'm responsible for at my job.

So, thank you Damien for your commitment to our community and the A+ customer base!

Thanks! Really appreciated!

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

4 hours ago, buonassi said:

I have to say guys, this responsiveness by @damien78 is exactly what I'd expect from a top-tier software vendor.  I don't mind the temporary downtime, provided the vendor is communicating the issue is being worked on.  

Damien is definitely on point here engaging the CA community quickly.  He may not get to every post or issue, but when it comes to mission-critical service issues, it's good to see he's on it.  

It's experiences like this that will keep me buying his software.  I'm more likely to be understanding of bugs etc if I know he's active and aware.  And he is.  I can only imagine the mountain of work that goes into building a software of this calibre.  It's quite humbling to compare this to what I'm responsible for at my job.

So, thank you Damien for your commitment to our community and the A+ customer base!

Totally Agree! Only ‘coming soon’ is a little unclear.

I have a question: when I use Relay Gain for all my albums/songs, the last 256 albums are not treated. Is someone familiar with this issue? I did start all over again, but that did not help me. All my files are ALAC.

Gr. Jos

10 hours ago, buonassi said:

Agree. Thank you @damien78!

3 hours ago, elcorso said:

Félicitations Damien 

1087421010_VivelaFrance.thumb.JPG.af9894f06d9449a69e912f5e26334627.JPG

Roch

Yes!!

The song of tonight, in ultra-high definition, upsampled to million of singers all over the country, is "On est les champions!"?????

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

On 7/14/2018 at 3:36 PM, RobertinMn said:

I've never seen software do this and I don't like software that is forever reporting my usage to anyone.

If it is what I am supposing it is from your brief comment, it is sending your license information to a server to check its validity, in order to avoid endemic software cracks. If this isn't what you're describing, let us know.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

48 minutes ago, Jud said:

If it is what I am supposing it is from your brief comment, it is sending your license information to a server to check its validity, in order to avoid endemic software cracks. If this isn't what you're describing, let us know.

I don't see why it has to check more than once and again at update time. Not even MS goes this far. A bit paranoid. But I also wonder what else it is retrieving. Besides, this hack won't stop it from being pirated. There has long been software available to block such activity and, since OS X is unix, all it takes is a command line in bash to block it permanently.

15 minutes ago, RobertinMn said:

I don't see why it has to check more than once and again at update time. Not even MS goes this far. A bit paranoid. But I also wonder what else it is retrieving. Besides, this hack won't stop it from being pirated. There has long been software available to block such activity and, since OS X is unix, all it takes is a command line in bash to block it permanently.

There are many users who want to have the latest version (not me).

In any case you always have the option of not checking for upgrades.

And talking about paranoiacs?

Roch

3 minutes ago, Dreaming Jester said:

What happened to 3.5 for Mac?!

Working on it...

On Facebook, without wanting to give a date... this fall is the time frame...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

19 hours ago, elcorso said:

Roch

This issue is NOT about checking for upgrades. It's about checking your license.

21 hours ago, elcorso said:

Roch

Yeah, right--because you know nothing about ports and non root controlled access to them. So, being a nice guy I'll explain it to you. The app is using administrative rights to gain to open ports and communicate. Once open, anyone who wants can gain access to the computer in question. This is why no one wants to apps to have access without their approval. This is an old issue that has cropped up in the past with other apps. It will not stop anyone from pirating the software and it opens the door to root kits. If you don't know what a root kit is, google it.

Does anyone have a solution to A+ library's song duplication? I deleted all A+ preferences (sqlite, plist, etc),  reinstalled the app, optimized the databased.... a day later all songs show in duplicate again - DSD, AIFF, ... it does matter what file type. I'm running A+ 3.2.8 in High Sierra.

TIA

2 hours ago, Rezseeker said:

Does anyone have a solution to A+ library's song duplication? I deleted all A+ preferences (sqlite, plist, etc),  reinstalled the app, optimized the databased.... a day later all songs show in duplicate again - DSD, AIFF, ... it does matter what file type. I'm running A+ 3.2.8 in High Sierra.

TIA

Have you tried all that ?

Close A+
Start fresh A+

by deleting those files…

If you have Playlists that are important export them first to desktop and save them in a folder...

When A+ is reset,

you can re-import them back.
sadly to this day, the folders they were in is not back, you have to do it again...

Before doing this, maybe you should not connect after deleting those files to Roon or others...
Install A+ alone with your database... if working, log to Roon or else after. 

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System...

When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there,

just do a ''cmd J'' to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom...

click Show Library Folder and then you'll have access to the rest forever. 

Starting for new A+:
Go to the Main Library Folder... PrivilegedHelperTools folder...
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (that folder install SysOptimizer)
Go to the Main Library Folder... LaunchDaemons Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder from A+ (SystemOptimizer and prefs files)
Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Applications Support... Audirvana Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up! or not)
Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Preferences...
trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences)
Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Caches… com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus
trash the files in that folder

Restart MAC.  This will reset pretty much Audirvana like new.

When choosing library at first it will sync in top right main window under the logo...
LET IT GO, even better don't try to adjust windows or edit files, even playing music
while it is not finished... you'll see the progress bar going... Could be long the first time
depending on how large your library is, and MAC is fast or not...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

19 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:
19 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Close A+
Start fresh A+

by deleting those files…

If you have Playlists that are important export them first to desktop and save them in a folder...

When A+ is reset,

sadly to this day, the folders they were in is not back, you have to do it again...

Before doing this, maybe you should not connect after deleting those files to Roon or others...

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System...

When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there,

just do a ''cmd J'' to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom...

Starting for new A+:
Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Applications Support... Audirvana Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up! or not)
trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences)

When choosing library at first it will sync in top right main window under the logo...
LET IT GO, even better don't try to adjust windows or edit files, even playing music
while it is not finished... you'll see the progress bar going... Could be long the first time

Close A+
Start fresh A+

by deleting those files…

When A+ is reset,

Starting for new A+:

Hey, thanks so much for the detailed instructions! I did try all of that, but alas, still looking at duplicates of 99% of my files (some DSD's are not in duplicate)

Can you check the complete path of two duplicated tracks?
For this you can use the Tracks details panel (Show Metadata Editor command of the View menu to raise it).
Then, at the top of this panel, you have the filename for the track. There is a small triangle left of it. Click on it to reveal the complete path.
If for two duplicated tracks the paths are different, this means these are duplicated files on your disk.
You may then want to check if you can delete one copy.