IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

Few seem to employ the same settings, so by all means try what others like... but imagine we all need to play around to find our Goldilocks settings. 

I don’t have a Chord DAC, but have some memory some preferred DSD updampling with the A modes. 

I use the DAC on the Conductor V2 - with the settings below. 

Good luck 🙂

26B5DBEC-6946-44BB-857E-1C6E888AC5E1.jpeg

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

3 hours ago, odelay said:

Few seem to employ the same settings, so by all means try what others like... but imagine we all need to play around to find our Goldilocks settings. 

I don’t have a Chord DAC, but have some memory some preferred DSD updampling with the A modes. 

I use the DAC on the Conductor V2 - with the settings below. 

Good luck 🙂

26B5DBEC-6946-44BB-857E-1C6E888AC5E1.jpeg

thanks, i will try those, but can someone share the default sox an izotope settings as i do not see a reset to default settings 

20 minutes ago, hykhleif said:

thanks, i will try those, but can someone share the default sox an izotope settings as i do not see a reset to default settings 

Just move back and forth the slider to best and it will reset

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

For SoX, i don't know if mine are the default, i think yes because i never used it but not sure. The slider was for Izotope to reset.

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 17.04.58.png

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Except if you want to upsample, forced upsampling shouldn’t be set to “None.”

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

• 4 weeks later...

Since Damien will start public beta tomorrow, I'll start a v3.5 new thread

23 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Thanks, but it's semi-public for now (with registration), not full public ;)

Changed text in 3.5 thread 😀

Hello, I happen to crash audirvana version 3.2.15 playback in osx mac, without any reason, then after the forced exit does not highlight the error file to be able to send to Damien.

iMac,Audirvana,Ampli-Dac RME ADI-2, Marantz SA-KI Pearl Lite, Primaluna PLTwo, Sennheiser HD800S e Focal Utopia, Adam S3V.

Lately I've been spending more time listening to music and I've noticed that my upper midrange and lower highs seems a little edgy - crisp and clear, but not as analog as my lower mids and bass.  I'm using Integer 1 mode and my iZotope 64-bit settings are below.  Does anyone have any setting modification suggestions that may smooth out my upper midrange and lower highs a bit?  I'm sure there's many other factors that might be causing the edginess, but I thought I'd start here.

Thanks a lot.

A3+.png

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

1 hour ago, audiocanyon said:

Lately I've been spending more time listening to music and I've noticed that my upper midrange and lower highs seems a little edgy - crisp and clear, but not as analog as my lower mids and bass.  I'm using Integer 1 mode and my iZotope 64-bit settings are below.  Does anyone have any setting modification suggestions that may smooth out my upper midrange and lower highs a bit?  I'm sure there's many other factors that might be causing the edginess, but I thought I'd start here.

Thanks a lot.

A3+.png

I see you have a Benchmark DAC, that uses an ESS chip, right?  I really prefer running DSD into ESS chips, have you tried oversampling to DSD?

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

3 hours ago, barrows said:

I see you have a Benchmark DAC, that uses an ESS chip, right?  I really prefer running DSD into ESS chips, have you tried oversampling to DSD?

Thanks, I'll give that a spin later tonight.  Any suggestion on the DSD filter setting?  I think my DAC only has DSD64 capability.

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

I generally used these settings:

Steepness:  40.00

Cut: .93

Length: 500000

Pre-ring: .75

This gives about -120 dB at 22KHz, so good alias suppression and the slightly early cut off should reduce artifacts from the ADC process.  This early cut off does not reduce audible high frequency content, really, as the FR result is only about -1 dB at 20 KHz.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

1 hour ago, barrows said:

I generally used these settings:

Steepness:  40.00

Cut: .93

Length: 500000

Pre-ring: .75

This gives about -120 dB at 22KHz, so good alias suppression and the slightly early cut off should reduce artifacts from the ADC process.  This early cut off does not reduce audible high frequency content, really, as the FR result is only about -1 dB at 20 KHz.

Till today, there is no Izotope in 3.5beta, you have played with the SoX settings too?  :)

No, I just stuck with iZotope as I do not have a ton of time to play around too much with filters.  Anyway, the settings you might like may be different from what I like, as there is no "perfect" filter with 44.1 PCM.  There are just trade offs.  One thing I seem to like is, as the DAC gets more refined, to go more with linear phase filters and move away from minimum phase.  

SONORE computer audio

Thank you, i just wanna try it... i set it up with SoX default and upsample to DSD128 have a Sabre chip too... but always get music stop for a second randomly before, so usually i stay with the file native playing :)

All that minimum, linear phase, steepness, pre-ring, doesn't ring a bell for me, too complicated :)

I've tried SoX a couple times, but it seemed grainier than iZotope on my system, so I always go back.  I wish I could try DSD128, but my older DAC can only handle DSD64.  About to try barrows' settings and DSD64 to see how it compares with 2X oversampling with my settings.

I listened to some rock, soul and jazz last night, and some classical this morning with coffee.  Over all, the sound is more "live" and acoustic using barrows' suggestions with DSD64. It's less refined (dare I say sterile) than with my old settings and 2X oversampling.  And most important for me, the mid-high range edginess is basically gone.

barrows, what are your anti-aliasing and DSD filter settings?  I bumped my anti-aliasing to 125 and am at 7th order DSD filter.  To be honest, I'm not sure what adjustments to these settings do.  I'm going to experiment more later.

Thanks for the suggestion.