IGNORED

Audiophile Jokes and Anecdotes.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Allan F said:

1323896482_Rodrigues-Bassoonists.jpg.aefb5a702e08f3bffefa96de1a01cca9.jpg

Rodrigues must have been an audiophile, he drew hundreds of audio-centric single panel cartoons for both either Stereo Review or High Fidelity, I forget which, as well as for Playboy (when I was young, Playboy had great pictures of the objects of my desire... Oh, yes it had pictures of pretty girls as well!).

George

2 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

Rodrigues must have been an audiophile, he drew hundreds of audio-centric single panel cartoons for both either Stereo Review or High Fidelity, I forget which, as well as for Playboy (when I was young, Playboy had great pictures of the objects of my desire... Oh, yes it had pictures of pretty girls as well!).

@gmgraves

,sorry for off topic, you have got pm..

1 hour ago, gmgraves said:

His audiophile cartoons were featured in Stereo Review. He contributed to Playboy and his cartoons appeared regularly in the National Lampoon starting with its first issue.

His cartoons from Stereo Review were later published in a book entitled Total Harmonic Distortion.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

3 hours ago, Allan F said:

His audiophile cartoons were featured in Stereo Review. He contributed to Playboy and his cartoons appeared regularly in the National Lampoon starting with its first issue.

His cartoons from Stereo Review were later published in a book entitled Total Harmonic Distortion.

Thanks for the info, Allan!

George

• 1 month later...

Now with the warm temperatures of summer coming on, it's open  windows weather. The few percent of us audiophiles whose sound can fool people into thinking "there are real musicians playing in there!" It opens up infinite possibilities for not only showing off, but for practical jokes. Anything from taking the garbage out in one hand with drum sticks in the other to "I didn't know you personally know David Lee Roth." What are some things you can think of?" Are groupies possible?

Once I played a Chesky demo CD, a track on which a drummer circles around the recording room playing his instrument. My ex-girlfriend came from the kitchen intrigued by the presumed fact that I'm walking around the living room playing the drum I never play (I got it from my father and it smells really bad - a goat skin.. I don't even want to talk what it sounds like..x-D).

No potential groupies appeared, maybe women nowadays don't like Chesky Records.. :D 

BTW, ever heard of Cynthia Plaster Caster?

Remember linear phase and phase aligned speakers? The idea was to place the speakers tweeter further back in or on the cabinet, so their acoustic centers where the sound comes from, would be equidistant to the listeners ears and produce simultaneous arrival times. There was a short guy and a very tall guy  both sitting in chairs auditioning the phase aligned speakers. One of the guys suddenly remarked, "I just thought of something, if you're a foot taller than me, the tweeter on top is way closer to your ears than to mine. My ears are lower down and closer to the midrange driver than yours. I'm hearing the midrange first and then the tweeter and you're hearing the tweeter first and then the midrange."

The other guy said.  "Yeah, when the salesman comes back in, lets ask him what size of person these speakers were designed for anyway."