IGNORED

Audiophile Jokes and Anecdotes.

46 minutes ago, Allan F said:

Regardless of the height of the driver.

But notice - the heavier the driver, the slower the car. I believe in an extreme situation  A4 could actually be slower than MB S95, it's only a question of finding appropriate drivers.. 🙄

2 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

But notice - the heavier the driver, the slower the car. I believe in an extreme situation  A4 could actually be slower than MB S95, it's only a question of finding appropriate drivers.. 🙄

There are aren't any two people with driver's licenses in our family with a sufficient weight differential.  

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

10 hours ago, Kal Rubinson said:

There are aren't any two people with driver's licenses in our family with a sufficient weight differential.  

I didn't suggest that.

10 hours ago, sandyk said:

BTTF.jpg

Trikini 2020.jpg

This is hilarious but I believe this post was meant for the other thread :)

Amazon.com: Happiness is a Warm Tube T-Shirt - Headphone Amp T-Shirt:  Clothing

Sam and Moe, two audiophiles, bump into each other on the street. Sam says, "Did you hear the news about Harry? He died suddenly last Sunday". "That's terribly sad news", says Moe, "What did he have?"

"McIntosh, Thiel, Linn, and Nordost", replies Sam.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a laptop that has Beats audio! I'm such an audiophile now! - First  Day on the Internet Kid - quickmeme

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

Meme Creator - Funny Rational voice: I'm pretty much done with my stereo  set-up Inner Audiophile: a t Meme Generator at MemeCreator.org!

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

I came across this on reddit just now.

nps1ksls2qt61.jpg

If young bros are with us, MQA clan has lost (but I somehow tend to think that none of the guys from the photo knows what DSD is B|).

BTW - so this is how trousers are supposed to be worn nowadays.?

Anyway in case of female ones I don't mind..

Sexy nightclubs ultra low waist exposed hip flare leg jeans female trousers  spring and autumn wide leg was thin fashion pants|Pants & Capris| -  AliExpress

1 hour ago, sphinxsix said:

If young bros are with us, MQA clan has lost (but I somehow tend to think that none of the guys from the photo knows what DSD is B|).

Anyway in case of female ones I don't mind..

Sexy nightclubs ultra low waist exposed hip flare leg jeans female trousers  spring and autumn wide leg was thin fashion pants|Pants & Capris| -  AliExpress

It might surprise you, but that's just as inappropriate, imo, as the men doing it. Whether we like looking at it or not. However, it's her choice so who am I to tell her what to do.

No electron left behind.

3 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

It might surprise you, but that's just as inappropriate, imo, as the men doing it. Whether we like looking at it or not. However, it's her choice so who am I to tell her what to do.

But isn't that interesting that if she goes to a swimming pool or to a beach and takes off her trousers even the ones for whom they were 'inappropriate' have no problem with it.? ;)

As for me - let's allow everyone who wants to look sexy to be that way, actually let's simply allow everybody to look the way he/she/non-binary one(or they!) want to look, I don't think I personally have a problem with that :)

BTW do I remember correctly that you didn't have no problem with e.g. this cover art.?

Melody Gardot - Live In Europe [2 CD] - Amazon.com Music

3 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

She's pulling up her top to show what's underneath, so not a usual way to wear clothes, anyway the angles are all sort of weird, looks like a photo editor is at work.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

1 hour ago, sphinxsix said:

But isn't that interesting that if she goes to a swimming pool or to a beach and takes off her trousers even the ones for whom they were 'inappropriate' have no problem with it.? ;)

As for me - let's allow everyone who wants to look sexy to be that way, actually let's simply allow everybody to look the way he/she/non-binary one(or they!) want to look, I don't think I personally have a problem with that :)

BTW do I remember correctly that you didn't have no problem with e.g. this cover art.?

Melody Gardot - Live In Europe [2 CD] - Amazon.com Music

In my opinion, this is art, and that lass up there is just after shock value perhaps? Not sure, but Melody wouldn't walk around in public nude.

No electron left behind.

On 4/18/2021 at 3:18 AM, sphinxsix said:

I don't care as long as it looks nice to me.  BTW, I never questioned why Superman wears leggings and on top of that a red brief even though it looks disgusting, he should engage a better fashion designer.

MetalNuts

On 4/20/2021 at 3:47 PM, sphinxsix said:

I think we've gone a little OT..

I was concentrating so much on understanding the French lyrics that I missed the point of the video. What was it about, again?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)