IGNORED

Audiophile Jokes and Anecdotes.

3 hours ago, Superdad said:

Well perhaps that is because you have missed the opportunity to enjoy this awesome rendition of Flight of the Bumblebee:

At one time there was an impressive version on bagpipes, but I can not seem to find it now. 😂

Impressive but I'm afraid I'm still far from getting rid of my (almost) accordion-free music library..B|

As for the bagpipe version - please don't feel obliged to go to a great length with attempts to find it (saying it also taking into account @bluesman's participation in this thread) ;)

One more thing - this is definitely a photomontage! x-D

b418c5020ac2eb887b4fb3b47ece8911.jpg

1 minute ago, sphinxsix said:

As for the bagpipe version - please don't feel obliged to go to a great length with attempts to find it (saying it also taking into account @bluesman's participation in this thread) ;)

It's OK with me!  It's not exactly music to my ears.  But if it's in the interest of science and education, I'm all for it.

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, bluesman said:

It's OK with me!  It's not exactly music to my ears.  But if it's in the interest of science and education, I'm all for it.

spacer.png

Youtube has just proposed me this (sorry - no bagpipes, just the accordion).

No! Simply NO! x-D

2 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

Youtube has just proposed me this (sorry - no bagpipes, just the accordion).

No! Simply NO! x-D

OMFG! That was truly awful!! Easily the worst thing I have heard all year. >:(

But that antique shop is kind of cool. Have not been in one that had a collection of vintage microphones (though none looked to be particularly collectable).

We were visiting the Cologne Cathedral in 2005 and when we finished the tour, there was an accordian player, playing the Bach Toccata and Fugue in d minor.  We stood there and listened.  He then went on to play part of the Vivaldi Four Seasons. We didn't have any way of capturing his playing, but I think this is the same. Unfortunately it doesn't show him playing, just the Cathedral.

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

17 hours ago, astrotoy said:

We were visiting the Cologne Cathedral in 2005 and when we finished the tour, there was an accordian player, playing the Bach Toccata and Fugue in d minor.  We stood there and listened.  He then went on to play part of the Vivaldi Four Seasons. We didn't have any way of capturing his playing, but I think this is the same. Unfortunately it doesn't show him playing, just the Cathedral.

This is Bach indeed but why do I (almost) see those guys dancing to it.? ;)

BTW I very often tip street musicians, except from the ones playing a certain instrument..

(I'm serious x-D)

186551687_3824532001007984_1127525970202738944_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=G9B3cB4Rkg4AX_ZjCde&_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.xx&oh=bc091a1e2fff1e0e157a9a380a31514a&oe=60C9E960

21 hours ago, MarkusBarkus said:

...and the related caution:

"Every time you smoke a cigarette, God takes a minute off your life...and gives it to Keith Richards." 

Or:

"It's amazing that Keith Richards is still alive. He doesn't look it, but he is".

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

This made me smile yesterday.  The UK commentator for the 2021 Eurovision song contest made a comment asking if anyone had wondered what happened to Orville the Duck, then said "unfortunately it did not work out well for Orville, Kateryna Pavlenko (singer for the Ukraine entry) is wearing him tonight".

For those not from the UK, this is Orville the duck, he was very famous back in the day:

image.thumb.png.51d7c2dbb301ae5fd662e9ba5b101e2c.png

This is Kateryna Pavlenko doing her thing:

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.