IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

1 hour ago, Rt66indierock said:

Paul people doubted the numbers were accurate when the source was Companies House. I told them look for yourself. One of my arguments against MQA is Bob Stuart has lost too much money since 2001 to listen to.  And I have a nice spreadsheet of the operating losses.

I'm waiting patiently for 7Digitals financials to be posted. They should be a good read.

If they are under regulation, then the numbers are probably accurate. The penalties for signing off on an inaccurate statement are pretty draconic, and involve things like jail time for the person who signed, and other officers of the company. 

It is a pretty serious accusation you are making, so I would hope you have some pretty serious facts to back you up. "People doubted" is not good enough at all. 

-Paul 

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

3 hours ago, Ski Bum said:

Probably not a good example because the White Album MQA files posted on Tidal are not MQA Studio, just generic MQA.  Even to this listener who finds many of the MQA Studio files to have excellent SQ, the White Album files are a bit strident and wonky.  (The Qobuz White Album hi rez files sound better, and the vinyl sounds better than both.)  I guess that the White Album wasn't important enough to merit the full MQA Studio treatment (wink).

Why does that make it not a good example?  ;) 

I'd also be happy to see if we could get comparisons of hi res and MQA Studio for masterings that are similar, exclusive of the MQA processing, if you have any of those to suggest.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Just now, Jud said:

Why does that make it not a good example?  ;) 

I'd also be happy to see if we could get comparisons of hi res and MQA Studio for similar masterings (exclusive of MQA), if you have any of those to suggest.

I would much prefer Abbey Road... :)

Robert A. Heinlein

Just now, Paul R said:

So would I, but hasn't been done in hi res (particularly by Giles Martin) yet.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

5 minutes ago, Paul R said:

If they are under regulation, then the numbers are probably accurate. The penalties for signing off on an inaccurate statement are pretty draconic, and involve things like jail time for the person who signed, and other officers of the company. 

It is a pretty serious accusation you are making, so I would hope you have some pretty serious facts to back you up. "People doubted" is not good enough at all. 

-Paul 

You not getting it Paul. People believed that Meridian was a successful company. It came as quite a shock that Meridian was as unsuccessful as it is.  That is what they doubted. "You're sure the numbers are genuine?" I always said look them up yourself. 

If you dig a bit you will see even MLP wasn't that successful.

35 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

You not getting it Paul. People believed that Meridian was a successful company. It came as quite a shock that Meridian was as unsuccessful as it is.  That is what they doubted. "You're sure the numbers are genuine?" I always said look them up yourself. 

If you dig a bit you will see even MLP wasn't that successful.

No - you are not getting it. *You* are saying that there is doubt about the numbers that were published. Meridian and their auditors contend very strongly otherwise, saying the numbers they published were accurate and there is absolutely no reason for anyone to doubt their accuracy.  

If what you are saying is that the very accurate numbers Merdian published are not what the public expected, then fine.  That is a very different thing than doubting the numbers. 

-Paul 

Robert A. Heinlein

1 minute ago, MikeyFresh said:

I think so too, however I welcomed him with a post of the day nomination just to spare everyone from the now obligatory diatribe by Paul, in which angry lynch mobs quickly start WW III.

How the hell did your nasty self get off my ignore list?  Go away please, and amuse yourself. 

Robert A. Heinlein

4 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

Paul, it is truly amusing to watch you lecture a professional accountant about how audited financials works. 

If that is how a "professional accountant" thinks, then he has never met a professional auditor.  And the Brits are more picky than we are about accuracy in audits.  (shrug)

I don't find it amusing at all Kuma -  to watch people make insinuations like that and try to puff themselves up with "secret insider knowledge."  It is 2019, people go to jail for that kind of stuff in companies now.  

Why do you defend this kind of nonsense?  Surely you don't buy into it? 

-Paul

Robert A. Heinlein

1 minute ago, kumakuma said:

LeeS also didn't understand the concept of consolidated financial results so I'm guessing his understanding of accounting isn't the best.

So now you are a qualified Accountant too ? :P

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 hour ago, Paul R said:

True, Abbey Road and especially (betrays my age) the second side...it is a “suite” from    

“She on through the bathroom window” and on to the end.  

Have bought the catalogue throughout and in digital from the CD remasters to the latest Giles Martin releases....but it has to be Abbey Road next!

7 minutes ago, Paul R said:

It is 2019, people go to jail for that kind of stuff in companies now.  

Based on your take the criminal investigation of Tidal for faked streaming counts and non-payment of royalties to artists can now be swiftly concluded then?

Not one company out there is misstating their financials, and company officers with a personal financial interest in the company's reported results are not inclined to take any liberties according to you?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

14 minutes ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

An Abbey Road Remix will be released later this year...50th Anniv of course.

Link?

4 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

Not a CPA but I've got an MBA in Finance and was CFO of a tech company for awhile.

What's your point?

So what ?

You don't have access to all the details anymore than anybody else has. Things can also change quite a great deal in between Financial Statements, such as new revenue streams etc.

You are simply guessing !

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

2 minutes ago, sandyk said:

So what ?

You don't have access to all the details anymore than anybody else has. Things can also change quite a great deal in between Financial Statements, such as new revenue streams etc.

You are simply guessing !

This information would be discussed in Note  2.3 of MQA Ltd's 2017 financials issued September 2018.