IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

Has anyone analyzed Meridian's "Bass and Space" and "Image Elevation" and "Upmix" "technologies" and compared whatever they do to MQA encoding's effects on audio files?  (Not the compression part, but other changes that occur with MQA.)  These are what LG refers to on their little BT speakers and a couple of soundbars when they claim they incorporate "Meridian Technology" in the designs.

The reason I ask is that the descriptions of the supposed or intended effects of this Meridian DSP reminds me of some of the positive comments from some listeners to MQA.

Bass and Space supposedly improves soundstage and envelopment, while increasing or improving bass.

Image Elevation supposedly raises the soundstage so it seems to match the location of a tv rather than a speaker or soundbar located below the tv.

Upmix supposedly further improves the soundstage and upgrades "clarity of vocals and lead instruments."

I haven't found any patents related to the things LG is using, but I've just done a cursory search.

Edited to add:  There is also something from Meridian called EBA--Enhanced Bass Alignment, which delays some frequencies  to give a "clearer soundstage with improved imaging and transient response." 

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

42 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

Nope after all Mueller failed. 

That's a shame.  But cheer up.  It's about to get far worse.  :)

The more I dabble with extreme forms of electrical mgmt. and extreme forms of vibration mgmt., the more I’m convinced it’s all just variations of managing mechanical energy. Or was it all just variations of managing electrical energy? No, it’s all just variations of mechanical energy. Wait.  It's all just variations of managing electrical energy.  -Me

1 minute ago, Ralf11 said:

There is a lot of unfolding yet to come...

Uh-huh.  And very clever.  :)

The more I dabble with extreme forms of electrical mgmt. and extreme forms of vibration mgmt., the more I’m convinced it’s all just variations of managing mechanical energy. Or was it all just variations of managing electrical energy? No, it’s all just variations of mechanical energy. Wait.  It's all just variations of managing electrical energy.  -Me

2 hours ago, John Dyson said:

I did a complete, bit by bit comparison of the 05 and 05b files -- exactly the same, and will produce exactly the same results -- it is

John

John

I will repeat this again.

Your indepth reports were 100% accurate !!! 

I would suggest that if you are still talking to me , that you listen to some other files such as perhaps the ones that  I sent to M.C. . originally, which was Love Over Gold from the original Vertigo 800 088 -2 ( West Germany) pressing .(He had previously heard the actual Master Recording.)

I apologise for including your personal comments, but if I had edited them out the PM/emails /PMs may not have appeared genuine. 

Incidentally, after me reporting back about the samples that you sent me, do you truthfully believe that my hearing is as bad as Admin has suggested ? Your email/PM  replies in the last 2 weeks suggest otherwise.

Please note also that Barry Diament trusts my hearing enough to help with the selection of the best S/W to use with the conversion from .aiff of the original recording to .wav with his new 24/192 album which will be officially released in May. (Yes. we both agreed on the best sounding out of 4 different lots of S/W)

Barry has since re-encoded the previous 5 High Res albums from .aiff to .wav using the new S/W version.

For those that are interested, I understand that snippets from Barry's new album are already available to listen to on the Soundkeeper Format Comparison page where you can compare 24/192 against RBCD etc.

Regards

Alex

P.S.
 My apologies for this off topic stuff, but I didn't start it .;)

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

25 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

In what way?

Ummmm, let's see.  What was it that I heard?  Oh, yeah, yeah, now I remember.  They said, "Ain't nobody walking away from this one.  Nobody." 

But there's still more MQA to unfold.  Let's not digress any more than we already have.  :)

1 minute ago, Rt66indierock said:

Nothing is air tight in DC but way off topic so please get back to the topic.

To do this you will ideally need to repost some of the indepth technical material that debunk's MQA claims,

This thread is now way for too large for others to navigate .

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 minute ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

have the tech people on this thread collaborate on an MQA dossier, and it will be linked far and wide...

I'm a bit insulted. I already had this argument with my late friend Charley Hansen. He lost so lets do it my way until there is good reason not to. 

1 hour ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

have the tech people on this thread collaborate on an MQA dossier, and it will be linked far and wide...

Wasn't that done long ago? Posted to the front page of this forum? And linked far and wide already...