IGNORED

Who are You Going to See?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2019 at 8:34 PM, kumakuma said:

I'm guessing it was worth the drive?

pls see 

and yes,  some story will come tomorrow. just happy that my provider installed fiber this evening and the upload went like a breeze.
I have put it on the gdrive for easy access due to the video upload limits of this website.
Actually I know now more than before what I want for xmas - a camera lens that covers what I can see!!!
It's a shame which quality my Honor 8x did deliver and the Iphone 7 of my friend wasn't much better. I hope the sound does more justice to her excellent performance.
Best, Tom

• 2 months later...

Saw Orgone (whoops) on Jan 16 at the Aladdin.

February will be thick with shows:

Ghost-Note on 2/20 at Rev Hall

Antibalas on 2/22 at Stage 722 (never been there)

Raphael Saadiq on 2/27 at Crystal Ballroom

THUNDERCAT (yes!) on 2/29 at the Portland Art Museum... I predict overflowing radness.

Anyone going to see Sudan Archives? I just saw she's playing at Doug Fir the same night as Antibalas.

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

• 2 weeks later...

Last night:  Seattle Symphony, Benaroya Hall (Mozart Concerto for Two Pianos, Marc-Andre Hamelin & Ryan Wigglesworth; Wigglesworth Piano Concerto (US Premiere); Haydn Symphony No. 103 ("Drumroll")

March 20:  Beethoven & Shostakovich, Seattle Symphony Chamber Music Series

March 28:  Zakir Hussain, Kala Ramnath, Jayanthi Kumaresh; Moore Theater (Seattle)

April 1:  Cecile McLorin Salvant, Jazz Alley (Seattle)

April 3:  Steven Osborne, Benaroya Hall

12 hours ago, Johnseye said:

I just got back from Emanuel Ax, Leonidas Kavakos and Yo-yo Ma at the CSO.  Beethoven trios.  Those guys were having a great time and the music was alive and upbeat.  It's always great hearing music played with enthusiasm and energy.  Yuja was like that as well.  She took various compositions and blended them together.  Extremely impressive, energetic, talented and easy on the eyes.

Kavakos is probably the least known of the trio you saw, but he is a truly amazing violinist, having seen him twice in recital in Seattle. And Wang is always fun -- between her musicality, technique, and stage presence.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Tomorrow night, I will be out for a rare (at least during the COVID world) live concert. I will be going with some very close friends, who are also huge music fans, to see Carl Palmer on his ELP Tribute Tour. The concert is at a small rock club that probably holds all of 250 people. I saw him a couple years ago, and was absolutely astonished by the fact that, at his age of 71, he can still play the drums as well as ever. Given how physical that effort is, especially at his level, is incredible. 

And, even with the sadness that comes with knowing that we lost both of his compatriots, Keith Emerson and Greg Lake to illnesses in recent years, it will still be an immense privilege to see the remaining ELP member, who who was voted by Rolling Stone as one of the 10 Greatest Rock Drummers of All Time. 

JC