IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

When I was loading my first server I remember thinking, well what do I listen to or like the most, and that's what's going in from my decent sized library. Maybe a thousand albums later, having not yet reached these goals, I thought to hell with it, I'm just putting everything into it, that way I will only have to load new stuff. (I also have multiple backups.) Works Fine. What I don't want to listen to for a while I just ignore. Or, create playlists, then when tired of those, create new ones. To me that beats having to add and delete files. The app also lets you create custom folders and you could just move files in and out of the folder. But that seems like work too, lol. 

14 hours ago, Jeff_N said:

Nope, I updated to 5.21.926 and my recently added filter still doesn't work.

Interesting. On my N100H after update filter works fine:-)

Synergistic Research Powercell 12UEF > Innuos PhoenixNET > Aurender N100H > Innuos PhoenixUSB > Ferrum audio Wandla + Hypsos DAC > Simaudio Moon 600i / Gato Audio DIA400S > Dynaudio C1 speakers > Siltech, Shunyata & Stealth cabling

5 hours ago, bmichels said:

Sorry to ask if it has been already adressed, but what are the main new features of Conductor 4 ?  Is it a major upgrade ?

thanks 

I don't know what are you asking about. Current version of Conductor app is 3.15. Is there any announcement of 4.0 version? Anyway, complete release history of Conductor app versions is on Aurender web.

Synergistic Research Powercell 12UEF > Innuos PhoenixNET > Aurender N100H > Innuos PhoenixUSB > Ferrum audio Wandla + Hypsos DAC > Simaudio Moon 600i / Gato Audio DIA400S > Dynaudio C1 speakers > Siltech, Shunyata & Stealth cabling

The below are just my personal findings in my room and hifi setup (Aurender N100H/ Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ / Norma IPA140 / ATC SCM11 / Tellurium Ultra Black II cabling)

N200:

• More neutral sound and most likely more honest than N100H.
  • Increased resolution and openness.
  • Different sound flavour compared to N100H. 
  • Drops the ball a bit with lesser quality internet radio streams compared to N100H.
  • N200 is tuned differently. I wonder if Aurender caved to the latest hifi flavour in being much more transparent and honest to the source?
  • Considering N200’s price tag they should have used an Oled display and not LCD. It is really obvious when comparing to N100H display the N200 is less quality and harder to read from an angle etc.

N100H:

• Sound is more relaxed and smooth. Much nicer to listen to for long period of time.
  • Lesser quality streams (internet radio) sounds good.
  • Resolution drop and less open compared to N200.
  • I know the N100 most likely is less true to the source but I do not mind that when it plays so fluent and smooth.

So, the N200 is packed up and will be returned to my dealer. I will audition the N10 this Fri, hoping that keeps the sound signature of the N100H.

1 minute ago, scoc said:

The below are just my personal findings in my room and hifi setup (Aurender N100H/ Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ / Norma IPA140 / ATC SCM11 / Tellurium Ultra Black II cabling)

N200:

• Drops the ball a bit with lesser quality internet radio streams compared to N100H.
  • N200 is tuned differently. I wonder if Aurender caved to the latest hifi flavour in being much more transparent and honest to the source?
  • Considering N200’s price tag they should have used an Oled display and not LCD. It is really obvious when comparing to N100H display the N200 is less quality and harder to read from an angle etc.

N100H:

• Sound is more relaxed and smooth. Much nicer to listen to for long period of time.
  • I know the N100 most likely is less true to the source but I do not mind that when it plays so fluent and smooth.

So, the N200 is packed up and will be returned to my dealer. I will audition the N10 this Fri, hoping that keeps the sound signature of the N100H.

I love that Norma amp!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

21 minutes ago, scoc said:

N200:

N100H:

I have very similar setup right now (N100H into Mytek Brooklyn DAC+). I also added some very good USB cables (Cardas y split hi resolution USB cables custom made for me by Cardas) in between the two and also a chain of two USB reclocking and galvanic isolation (iso-regen going into ifi usb 3.0 ) in between the two devices (both powered by LPS 1.2 Supercapacitor power supplies). 
I’ve had the Aurender upgrade itch for quite a while now, but based on your findings, seems like maybe I can hold off for a while longer ? 

I’ve migrated from a N100 to N10 and found it to be similar in SQ but with a better quality; more exactness and quieter if you know what I mean. I replaced the 2.5” drives with 5TB drives and wished that the worked a one big drive instead of two separate drives. A real PITA if you ask me. Also I went to balanced cables which added smoothness and a more relaxed sound. Look forward to you opinions. 

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I love that Norma amp!

Thx! Until a year ago I never heard of the Norma brand but my ATC hifi dealer told me that I should have a listen to it. At the time I compared it to to Moon 340i which I also liked very much but it then end chose the Norma. It replaced a Lyngdorf Tdai 3400 which had a totally different sound signature compared to the Norma and was rather flat sounding with not much depth to the sound although it had power to spare.

4 minutes ago, scoc said:

Thx! Until a year ago I never heard of the Norma brand but my ATC hifi dealer told me that I should have a listen to it. At the time I compared it to to Moon 340i which I also liked very much but it then end chose the Norma. It replaced a Lyngdorf Tdai 3400 which had a totally different sound signature compared to the Norma and was rather flat sounding with not much depth to the sound although it had power to spare.

The internal design of Norma components is equally impressive. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 9/10/2021 at 6:45 AM, KenCyclingNYC said:

Hello Aurenders!

CONNECTOR REQUEST: The ability to delete tracks, albums and/or Artist in the app. With limited space on the app, it would be great to add that feature similar to other music management apps.

Thanks,

Ken

Can you tell me a bit more about the "...limited space on the app"?  Not sure I understand all this.

12 hours ago, KenCyclingNYC said:

Pretty simple actually; the ability to delete files, albums and folders.  I’d like to delete directly from the app. 

Isn't that what Windows Explorer (or any other OS's equivalent program) is for?

The app is just the controller for the player, and IMO it definitely should not be something that allows me to accidentally delete stuff.

An annoying noise annoys an oyster

1 hour ago, Anonamemouse said:

Software complexity, for one. Then there are the security issues. And as mentioned in my previous reply, accidental deletion of files is possible.

I for one really don't understand why you would want to delete any music file. My server holds close to 7500 albums, if I don't listen to one it's fine just sitting there. If space is the issue, buy a bigger harddrive.

I fully agree. For safety reasons I myself would certainly not want to have a delete function in the Conductor app. Way too risky for me.