IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Problem solved by updating the app in my iPad. Apologies for my inability to read the thread before posting.

Hi...

Like others, I also have problem connecting to Tidal ("Client not found" issue). I checked for any new firmware but found that my unit is currently on the most recent one.

Have opened the remote assistance request, but as I live in the far side of the world (assuming the support is based in the US), the process is quite inconvenient. I can leave the unit on if the fix happens while I am sleeping, but I understand this assistance needs action on my end to allow access to the unit?

Isn't it easier to release a patch that can be deployed to all affected unit via "software update"?

1 hour ago, PrTv said:

Problem solved by updating the app in my iPad. Apologies for my inability to read the thread before posting.

Hi...

Like others, I also have problem connecting to Tidal ("Client not found" issue). I checked for any new firmware but found that my unit is currently on the most recent one.

Have opened the remote assistance request, but as I live in the far side of the world (assuming the support is based in the US), the process is quite inconvenient. I can leave the unit on if the fix happens while I am sleeping, but I understand this assistance needs action on my end to allow access to the unit?

Isn't it easier to release a patch that can be deployed to all affected unit via "software update"?

Support isn’t only based in the US. Aurender has support in the US, Europe, and Asia. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

^^^Good point.  I was interested in Aurender and came to this forum area to see what others, especially owners, had to say about these devices.  

I was impressed, especially seeing the strong support provided through the presence of Ari Margolis.  His quick and accurate responses when addressing owners issues convinced me that Aurender was the place to be, and that the ownership experience would be delightful.  I must say, I have not been disappointed, and my expectations have in fact been exceeded.

Thanks, Ari -- and Aurender.

6 minutes ago, AriMargolis said:

Actually no, it does not. It has an LPSU. There is a wire jumper inside that needs to be plugged into a different jumper depending on where you are/what voltage you are plugged into. Do NOT take a 110V unit and plug it into a 220V source. You’ll blow at least a fuse and possibly the whole PSU block. @tomwoo

Oops... I apologize for my incorrect answer, I wrongly assumed a switching powersupply because the box states 110 - 240 volts.

An annoying noise annoys an oyster

31 minutes ago, AriMargolis said:

Actually no, it does not. It has an LPSU. There is a wire jumper inside that needs to be plugged into a different jumper depending on where you are/what voltage you are plugged into. Do NOT take a 110V unit and plug it into a 220V source. You’ll blow at least a fuse and possibly the whole PSU block. @tomwoo

Thanks Ari. Do you know where can I find the instructions how to change the wire jumper?

Hello, everyone--

I know this is not a support forum for Aurender, and like many have stated, Ari at Aurender is just a fabulous and tireless source of help. However, he has been stumped at an issue I have been having, so I thought I'd share it here to see if others have either resolved it or at least experienced it.

I started creating some "Favorites" radio stations for my N100C. Many work right away, while others only work after sleuthing to find a radio station's "hidden URL" from their website (usually using the "Inspect Element" command and locating the streaming URL they are using). However, some I cannot get to work no matter what I try. What's odd is these problematic URLs all work on my network through a browser on my computer (on macOS or Windows), but simply will not function on the N100C. Here is an example for a classical radio station I like, New Hampshire Public Radio (NHPR), that does not work:

https://nhpr.streamguys1.com/classical.m3u

I find it odd that several other links ending in ".m3u" work fine on my N100C, but this one does not. I wondered if it was something their provider, "Streamguys" does behind the scenes, but after talking with their support department, it doesn't appear they are doing anything unusual.

Could anyone here confirm that this URL does not work on their Aurender, or that it does work? Has anyone discovered a URL format trick that seems to allow radio stations to always work on an Aurender? I'm sure anything you can share would help me and perhaps Ari and Aurender, too, to track down what is happening.

Thanks--