IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

On 8/31/2021 at 4:30 PM, scoc said:

Whilst running in the Aurender N200 I'm also going to check its spdif output to compare. Even after 50 hours of constant burn-in of the N200 I'm not convinced about the sound improvement vs cost difference (N100H). The N200 sound is quite different from the N100H, although it is more precise and cleaner it seems Aurender decided to somewhat change its house sound sort of speak. Is it because other vendors focus so much on increasing resolution they felt they had to follow suit?

Also, on the N200 no info is shown on the display when playing internet radio. No radio info or metadata, no logo or anything. The screen just says 'Select a Song ...'. The only indicator is that it shows 'Radio Stream' in the right bottom corner. So, the whole 6+ inch screen is unused in that case. Weird, since it works fine on N100H. I have raised a support ticket for this. It is also a pity Aurender did not put an Oled screen in the N200. When looking from the side or from above you can clear see it is an LCD.

Looking seriously into the N200 to replace my A10. Really interested in your findings. I remember my A10 sounding much better after the 300 hr break-in mark. Keep us posted…

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

2 hours ago, JS21 said:

Looking seriously into the N200 to replace my A10. Really interested in your findings. I remember my A10 sounding much better after the 300 hr break-in mark. Keep us posted…

Interesting... Specially since human memory for sound is about 20 seconds, at best. 

A - B comparison only works if you can literally flick a switch. 

An annoying noise annoys an oyster

8 hours ago, Anonamemouse said:

Interesting... Specially since human memory for sound is about 20 seconds, at best. 

Actually we remember a lot about the "feel" sound of a system over some time, especially if we have had the system for a long  time. You get used to the way the system sounds. Kind of like how a pair of very comfortable old shoes feel. 😄

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

50 minutes ago, scoc said:

Aurender installed a fix on my demo N200 unit to resolve the issue with not showing any internet radio meta data info. That is now resolved. In the mean time I’m trying to break-in the demo N200 unit to 200 hours before testing again.

Now here's an interesting experiment. Are you actually "breaking in" a new piece of electronics, or are you just getting used to the way it sounds? When you reach the 500 hour mark, get another N200, brand new from an unopened box and do an A - B comparison. Hear if it actually does sound different. 

23 hours ago, Anonamemouse said:

Now here's an interesting experiment. Are you actually "breaking in" a new piece of electronics, or are you just getting used to the way it sounds? When you reach the 500 hour mark, get another N200, brand new from an unopened box and do an A - B comparison. Hear if it actually does sound different. 

I’m breaking in a completely new N200 unit. I’m at 150 hours now so should be sufficient to start assessing the unit properly but so far the N200 has not really surprised me in such a postitive way to warrant double the price of a N100H.

2 hours ago, scoc said:

I’m breaking in a completely new N200 unit. I’m at 150 hours now so should be sufficient to start assessing the unit properly but so far the N200 has not really surprised me in such a postitive way to warrant double the price of a N100H.

Good to hear an honest, unvarnished opinion. I'm curious to see if it changes over time.

7 hours ago, Jeff_N said:

Good to hear an honest, unvarnished opinion. I'm curious to see if it changes over time.

The only way to definitely determine this is to get a second brand new unit from the box and do an actual A - B comparison. 

Any changes determined "from memory" are complete worthless.

9 hours ago, scoc said:

In the end it's the DAC that creates the sound. Before that it's all just dips and peaks. 

Digital gear mostly differs in options, not in output.

3 hours ago, Anonamemouse said:

In the end it's the DAC that creates the sound. Before that it's all just dips and peaks. 

I heartily disagree. If that were the case one wouldn't hear any difference between e.g. the N100 and the W20. I went the route myself from X100 to N10 to W20. Each step was VERY significant!

3 hours ago, Vincent1234 said:

I heartily disagree. If that were the case one wouldn't hear any difference between e.g. the N100 and the W20. I went the route myself from X100 to N10 to W20. Each step was VERY significant!

Anonamemouse , 

3 hours ago, Vincent1234 said:

6 hours ago, Anonamemouse said:

Anonamemouse, this statement is 100% wrong 

9 hours ago, Vincent1234 said:

Did you listen to them in a blind A - B setting, where someone else only needed to flick a switch to listen to the other player?

12 minutes ago, Anonamemouse said:

Did you listen to them in a blind A - B setting, where someone else only needed to flick a switch to listen to the other player?

You're a really funny guy.. I heard them side by side for two weeks and the improvement was VERY, VERY apparent inside literally 10 seconds.

Have you actually ever heard them side by side? Or are you just claiming that 'bits are bits'? You couldn't be farther from the truth.

6 minutes ago, Vincent1234 said:

You're a really funny guy.. I heard them side by side for two weeks and the improvement was VERY, VERY apparent inside literally 10 seconds.

Have you actually ever heard them side by side? Or are you just claiming that 'bits are bits'? You couldn't be farther from the truth.

I know! A genuine clown! De schoenen van Hugo, maar dan in levende lijve!

No, not all of them. I compared the N100SC to the N10 to the Bryston BDP3 (or maybe BDP2, don't remember) to the Aurelic (forgot the type), all via USB on a Benchmark DAC3B. 

Day and night differences? Not in the studio where I compared them. Nuances maybe. 

9 minutes ago, Anonamemouse said:

I know! A genuine clown! De schoenen van Hugo, maar dan in levende lijve!

No, not all of them. I compared the N100SC to the N10 to the Bryston BDP3 (or maybe BDP2, don't remember) to the Aurelic (forgot the type), all via USB on a Benchmark DAC3B. 

Day and night differences? Not in the studio where I compared them. Nuances maybe. 

Again, VERY apparent improvements in my system. And especially the step up from N10 to W20. I described the details elsewhere in this group if you're interested.

On 9/3/2021 at 2:11 AM, Anonamemouse said:

😑

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

On 9/5/2021 at 1:13 AM, Jeff_N said:

My Conductor's "recently added" filter has stopped working. I changed the value a couple times, but no matter what I set it to, it shows me all my music files. Has this happened to anyone else? I have an N100C.

My N100H did the same with recently added filter. Allegedly new firmware update V.5.21.926 will fix that issue.

Synergistic Research Powercell 12UEF > Innuos PhoenixNET > Aurender N100H > Innuos PhoenixUSB > Ferrum audio Wandla + Hypsos DAC > Simaudio Moon 600i / Gato Audio DIA400S > Dynaudio C1 speakers > Siltech, Shunyata & Stealth cabling

10 hours ago, KenCyclingNYC said:

Hello Aurenders!

CONNECTOR REQUEST: The ability to delete tracks, albums and/or Artist in the app. With limited space on the app, it would be great to add that feature similar to other music management apps.

Thanks,

Ken

You'd be best directing this to Ari the Aurender technician. But if you research the history here of app requests, you'll find that these things seldom happen. And what would you be deleting, the actual file? But why. Anyway it likely won't be happening, something to get used to.

@kilroy- I have a NAS which is where I store my primary library; I'd like the ability to delete when my moods change such as, I've over listened xxx and want to reload the Aurender drives with YYY. It wuld be for those reasons. Incidentally, I have three different sources for backups so the Aurender is for "today's mood" and not long-lasting fiiles if that makes sense

1 minute ago, KenCyclingNYC said:

@kilroy- I have a NAS which is where I store my primary library; I'd like the ability to delete when my moods change such as, I've over listened xxx and want to reload the Aurender drives with YYY. It wuld be for those reasons. Incidentally, I have three different sources for backups so the Aurender is for "today's mood" and not long-lasting fiiles if that makes sense

Interesting use case. 

I wonder if ACS is a better Aurender for this because it’s more flexible for library management. Not totally sure because I’ve never tried to manage a collection like you do. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png