IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

On 4/30/2021 at 6:33 AM, Ponzi said:

Question:  If one has a W20SE and an ASC10, the first unit can see and play the CDs ripped to the second unit’s hard drive.  But is one losing anything by not having to data on the first unit’s hard drive?

I have the ASC10 and am considering the W20SE.  I would appreciate your opinion on the difference in sound quality.

For the last week or so, I cannot play many of the Tidal albums in my favorites list.  I can put them in the cue but they will not play.  This happened once before and it turned out to be a Tidal problem.  It got fixed after a week or so.  Does anyone (Ari?) know anything about the current problem?

I used the N10 as my playback unit, and the ASC 10 as the ripping and storage unit.  I replaced the N10 with the W20.  So that is my comparison.  I think the N10 is lovely, but the W 20 SE is in another region.  As I said in an earlier post, the aria of Glen Gould’s Goldberg Variations sounded for the first time like a real piano. It is a frustrating fact, but a fact nevertheless, that the next 5% of performance at the margin, is just quite something, even if you have to pay through the nose for it.

1 hour ago, Aurender1 said:

For the last week or so, I cannot play many of the Tidal albums in my favorites list.  I can put them in the cue but they will not play.  This happened once before and it turned out to be a Tidal problem.  It got fixed after a week or so.  Does anyone (Ari?) know anything about the current problem?

My dealer had the same problem. His ACS100 was skipping all Tidal MQA tracks but other Tidal tracks and local tracks played normally. He called Aurender and was told Tidal changed something in how it sends MQA tracks and that Aurender should have a fix soon. That was 3 days ago. 

6 hours ago, ecwl said:

My dealer had the same problem. His ACS100 was skipping all Tidal MQA tracks but other Tidal tracks and local tracks played normally. He called Aurender and was told Tidal changed something in how it sends MQA tracks and that Aurender should have a fix soon. That was 3 days ago. 

...it is probably common problem not only on Aurender streamers. Other manufacturer has similar problems with Tidal MQA files. Here is quote from another forum (the note directly from Simaudio Moon manufacturer):

"Important message from Simaudio about TIDAL streaming service. It has come to our attention that TIDAL altered its method for identifying its Master files, preventing the MiND 2 from recognizing that they contain MQA tags. Our R&D team is working on a new method for detecting these tags and will implement it in a firmware update within the next few weeks."

Synergistic Research Powercell 12UEF > Innuos PhoenixNET > Aurender N100H > Innuos PhoenixUSB > Ferrum audio Wandla + Hypsos DAC > Simaudio Moon 600i / Gato Audio DIA400S > Dynaudio C1 speakers > Siltech, Shunyata & Stealth cabling

12 hours ago, Ponzi said:

I used the N10 as my playback unit, and the ASC 10 as the ripping and storage unit.  I replaced the N10 with the W20.  So that is my comparison.  I think the N10 is lovely, but the W 20 SE is in another region.  As I said in an earlier post, the aria of Glen Gould’s Goldberg Variations sounded for the first time like a real piano. It is a frustrating fact, but a fact nevertheless, that the next 5% of performance at the margin, is just quite something, even if you have to pay through the nose for it.

Congratulations, great choice

Yes, we all chase that dream of perfection and the frustration is the 80:20 rule runs true for this hobby too....

80% of the performance can be had for 20% of the the price but the missing 20% gap costs a hyperbolic king’s ransom to close

...... and the gap can never be closed

Damn you, and burn in hell, you missing 20% you!

Aurender W20 Music Server, Kii Three Active Speakers, Kii Digital Controller

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

I solved my Tidal skipping problem very easily and it was the best decision I’ve made in a long time. ….. I canceled Tidal subscription and I signed up for Qobuz High Resolution subscription! 
In my opinion the service, the catalog, the curation, and the sound quality of Qobuz is superior to Tidal in every way. 
They offer a free trial to start, check it out! 

9 hours ago, Mazza said:

Congratulations, great choice

Yes, we all chase that dream of perfection and the frustration is the 80:20 rule runs true for this hobby too....

80% of the performance can be had for 20% of the the price but the missing 20% gap costs a hyperbolic king’s ransom to close

...... and the gap can never be closed

Damn you, and burn in hell, you missing 20% you!

Yes, it is frustrating but it does force us to choose to be happy with whatever we already have, despite missing the 20%. 

Enjoy the music! :)

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

Industry Affiliation : None

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies if I missed it, but what is happening with the Aurender N30 regarding availability in the US?  Seems like a very lengthy lead time  after it was announced a few months ago.  If it has been released, are there any reviews?

3 minutes ago, Len44 said:

Apologies if I missed it, but what is happening with the Aurender N30 regarding availability in the US?  Seems like a very lengthy lead time  after it was announced a few months ago.  If it has been released, are there any reviews?

I have been waiting for mine , I’m told by end of the month I should see it , if not I’ll probably just buy a second Taiko Extreme 

@Bazinga @Len44 Yes N30SA is officially released and it is a thing of beauty! 

Pre-orders have now been shipped to dealers. Please contact your dealer or [email protected] for more info.

N30SA is the model designation for North America. The only difference between N30SA and N30 is that N30 has a 3.5inch 12TB HDD pre-installed inside the case without any storage extension option. N30SA has a 2.5inch 8TB SSD pre-installed inside the case with an empty slot for the user installable 2.5inch SSD/HDD storage.

Anyone lost all their favourites following the recent firmware update *345. I thought the backup and restore function was for this purpose, but doesn’t restore anything. Playlists are there but all the tracks i applied stars too have gone. Both N10 and N100 the same.

any ideas

Ah looks like this maybe my stupid fault. Changed my NAS over the weekend to a new model and the IP address is different. Just had a look at playlists and the m3u file references the old IP.

ok so i can sort this file easily on my PC, however the rate.db file, which i suspect stores the favourites, i cannot open.

anyone know if this can be edited

22 hours ago, Cappuccino said:

Ah looks like this maybe my stupid fault. Changed my NAS over the weekend to a new model and the IP address is different. Just had a look at playlists and the m3u file references the old IP.

ok so i can sort this file easily on my PC, however the rate.db file, which i suspect stores the favourites, i cannot open.

anyone know if this can be edited

It can be edited as it is a SQlite database.  I wrote about this in a blog post in 2019.

https://www.sound-lab.com/blog/aurender-playlists

Hope this helps

Carlin "Rick" Smith

The new N200 is looking good too. Seriously thinking about upgrading my A10.

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.