IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

My home computer, windows 10 pro, from press-the-powerbutton to ready-to-rock in 6 seconds.

My N100SC from press-the-powerbutton to ready-to-rock in 3 minutes... 

Yes, this annoys me. It's all solid state drives, Aurender used a stripped version of an already lean OS, why does it need to take that long to start up?

An annoying noise annoys an oyster

3 minutes ago, KenCyclingNYC said:

I understand but keep my "owned" music on the NAS and my current listening portfolio on the Aurender; two different approaches, no bad answers here. In the meantime, my N10 bombed out during the latest firmware update so watch out!

Ah, I see the utility of such a delete function in this scenario. If you only have a subset of your music on the Aurender, and move music from your NAS to the Aurender once in a while for listening, it makes total sense to have a delete function within the app. It's very easy to find the albums you want to remove in an app versus through Windows Explorer or macOS Finder.

Now I get it. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 hours ago, Anonamemouse said:

My home computer, windows 10 pro, from press-the-powerbutton to ready-to-rock in 6 seconds.

Yes, this annoys me. It's all solid state drives, Aurender used a stripped version of an already lean OS, why does it need to take that long to start up?

Don't shut it down. It was never intended to be. Just put it to 'Pause' and it will go into auto stand-by after a few minutes. Then when pushing 'Play' again it will do so straight away. No waiting whatsoever.

2 hours ago, Anonamemouse said:

It’s possible your Windows PC has a very fast CPU, fast RAM, and everything built without care for possible effects on audio output. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

56 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It’s possible your Windows PC has a very fast CPU, fast RAM, and everything built without care for possible effects on audio output. 

Yes, my pc was built for serious speed and has a lot of muscle.

Still, the Aurender OS doesn't have to do all that much. It takes ridiculously long to start up.

1 hour ago, Vincent1234 said:

Don't shut it down. It was never intended to be. Just put it to 'Pause' and it will go into auto stand-by after a few minutes. Then when pushing 'Play' again it will do so straight away. No waiting whatsoever.

Sometimes it happens that I am away for days to weeks. I do not want to leave it on while I am gone for these periods, I had a previous streamer catch fire spontaneously, fortunately I was home when that happened.  I also noticed my N100SC does get quite warm, even when inactive. Also something that makes me go "hmm..."

An annoying noise annoys an oyster

• 2 weeks later...

Since the last update, I've noticed that the Clear queue button (little x in a circle) appears and disappears too quickly for me to depress. Same with the "playlist selector" just to the right of the clear queue button.

Anyone else notice this?

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

I'm planning to relocate my ACS10 to a room with no ethernet capability for a headphone set-up. Hard-wire is a no-go to this location. 

Any experience/opinions on USB/WiFi "dongle" vs. WiFi extender with ethernet cable output into Aurender per usual?

Probably more interested in SQ over performance, but like both, of course.

Thank you...

I'm MarkusBarkus and I approve this post.10C78B47-4B41-4675-BB84-885019B72A8B.thumb.png.adc3586c8cc9851ecc7960401af05782.png

New topic soon by mid November will be comparing N200 to W20SE to N30SA should be epic!!!

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's 

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

22 minutes ago, MarkusBarkus said:

I'm planning to relocate my ACS10 to a room with no ethernet capability for a headphone set-up. Hard-wire is a no-go to this location. 

Any experience/opinions on USB/WiFi "dongle" vs. WiFi extender with ethernet cable output into Aurender per usual?

Probably more interested in SQ over performance, but like both, of course.

Thank you...

Here you go. 

Radio internet question on Aurender...

After choosing some radios as favourites, how can I save them?
My question is related to this issue I'm facing.
Some radio stations are not presented on Aurender proprietary listings, so I add them with URLs. Issue is, to maintain them I have to set them as favourites, but if if deselected them they disappear...

Thanks

For customers using TIDAL streaming service - there was recently a universal issue preventing logging in to TIDAL from the Aurender Conductor app.

9 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

My guess is that the authentication method was changed or a new API was used. 

Chris is correct ^.

To fix this issue, please update your Aurender Conductor app in the Apple App Store or Google Play store. Additionally, please update System Software of your Aurender by going to Settings>Software Upgrade in the Aurender app. After updating the System Software and App version, there should be no problem logging back in to TIDAL.

Current version information of Aurender Conductor app and Aurender System Software can always be found here: https://aurenderteam.notion.site/Public-Release-Note-3f6678a5745d401895e64c7c848c2e8e

9 minutes ago, AriMargolis said:

For customers using TIDAL streaming service - there was recently a universal issue preventing logging in to TIDAL from the Aurender Conductor app.

Chris is correct ^.

To fix this issue, please update your Aurender Conductor app in the Apple App Store or Google Play store. Additionally, please update System Software of your Aurender by going to Settings>Software Upgrade in the Aurender app. After updating the System Software and App version, there should be no problem logging back in to TIDAL.

Current version information of Aurender Conductor app and Aurender System Software can always be found here: https://aurenderteam.notion.site/Public-Release-Note-3f6678a5745d401895e64c7c848c2e8e

SOLVED

Thanks