IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, agladstone said:

Anything above 44 on Aurender must be MQA / “Tidal Masters”, so only play non MQA / Tidal Masters and you’re all set. 
Another easy work around, downgrade your Tidal membership so no Tidal Masters/ MQA, the lower tier subscription only plays 16/44 

I think you are right: The MQA function is off on my Aurender, but the albums that plays in 48Hz are probably all MQA. However, are you sure the lower tier subscribtion is 16/44.1? I thought it was some form of mp3.

I'm listening to the track "Die For Me" by Post Malone. There are two guests artist on the track and I'd love it if Aurender Conductor enabled me to see who these artists are. I know one is the singer Halsey because I switched to a different app that displayed this info. The info is available from Qobuz.

IMG_0342.jpeg

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi everyone

I am not sure if someone raised the Aurender -Etherregen issues here, but I would like to share my problem which I raised in ER forum already. Maybe we have similar issues.

I use Aurender N100H with Etherregen. I have Supra Cat8 cable at A side and Sablon 2020 ethernet cable at B side.

Whenever I turn off /plug out cables from ER for any reason and try to reinstall everything ,there is a first a handshake problem. It takes some time that Aurender get IP address. I try many times (plug out cables/plug in again etc) to be able to have a proper handshake between Aurender & ER. 

When I get a handshake sometimes after 10-20 minutes ,I am facing dropouts while playback via Tidal. 

Then again I have to turn off devices and turn on again etc.

Wondering if you face similar issues?

On 5/11/2021 at 12:26 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'm listening to the track "Die For Me" by Post Malone. There are two guests artist on the track and I'd love it if Aurender Conductor enabled me to see who these artists are. I know one is the singer Halsey because I switched to a different app that displayed this info. The info is available from Qobuz.

Hi Chris,

You can scroll down to see the information. I found it is not well organized and I will try to organize it properly in the next release. :-)

image.thumb.png.c52b8b782f17dbc4764e335e16438f18.png

On 5/9/2021 at 4:28 PM, Musikkofil said:

I think you are right: The MQA function is off on my Aurender, but the albums that plays in 48Hz are probably all MQA. However, are you sure the lower tier subscribtion is 16/44.1? I thought it was some form of mp3.

I’m pretty sure the lower tier of Tidal is 16/44 only, no MQA. 
Qobuz (which I switched to from Tidal and never been happier!) let’s you select specific output rate per type of device and/ or connection type, so you could just make it fixed 16/44 regardless? 

On 5/12/2021 at 3:51 AM, Ahura77 said:

Hi everyone

I am not sure if someone raised the Aurender -Etherregen issues here, but I would like to share my problem which I raised in ER forum already. Maybe we have similar issues.

I use Aurender N100H with Etherregen. I have Supra Cat8 cable at A side and Sablon 2020 ethernet cable at B side.

Whenever I turn off /plug out cables from ER for any reason and try to reinstall everything ,there is a first a handshake problem. It takes some time that Aurender get IP address. I try many times (plug out cables/plug in again etc) to be able to have a proper handshake between Aurender & ER. 

When I get a handshake sometimes after 10-20 minutes ,I am facing dropouts while playback via Tidal. 

Then again I have to turn off devices and turn on again etc.

Wondering if you face similar issues?

I have same problem going on since I added the EtherRegen into my system also. 

On 5/17/2021 at 12:43 PM, AriMargolis said:

@honeymustardsteveWe will look into Apple's lossless platform.

Awesome! Looking forward to it. 

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

On 5/9/2021 at 6:43 PM, agladstone said:

Anything above 44 on Aurender must be MQA / “Tidal Masters”, so only play non MQA / Tidal Masters and you’re all set. 
Another easy work around, downgrade your Tidal membership so no Tidal Masters/ MQA, the lower tier subscription only plays 16/44 

Thanks for this idea agladstone. I have checked it out and just got a response from Tidal that High is 320 kbps (AAC) and thus not 16/44.1.  The frustration about MQA is that not all of albums in this format is 48Khz, most of them are 44.1Khz. I hope that Aurender one day will make a function in the settings where we can lock the sample rate!

18 hours ago, Musikkofil said:

Thanks for this idea agladstone. I have checked it out and just got a response from Tidal that High is 320 kbps (AAC) and thus not 16/44.1.  The frustration about MQA is that not all of albums in this format is 48Khz, most of them are 44.1Khz. I hope that Aurender one day will make a function in the settings where we can lock the sample rate!

Maybe look to see if Qobuz offers a 16/44 only plan (I think they do, but confirm this). 

8 hours ago, udis said:

Hi,

Does anyone know if the top "pills" in Conductor are configurable?  They currently seem to be alphabetical by artist. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 10.18.20 AM.png

I believe you can modify these from the computer side (whatever you’re using to send and edit your music collection to the internal Hard Drive within the Aurrender). 
It’s been a couple of years since I did it, but if I recall, that’s where / how I customized mine. 
There should be a section in the manual about how to do this. 

@udis @agladstone more info on this from the Conductor App Manual found here: https://aurender.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500004666842-Conductor-V3-App-Guide-

Second Row of Buttons - User Nameable Folder Buttons

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com%2Fsecure.notion-static.com%2F5a79ab74-45f3-4fb9-8084-798c42b0807a%2FUntitled.png?table=block&id=2b7f6cee-1f11-4d93-9a4c-189d6cc7c61b&spaceId=c4b88f6d-8162-49dc-b67c-9993c8f3cd2f&width=1480&userId=abb4d08e-76f9-4606-9c6a-b135ed6d370a&cache=v2

The second row of browser buttons allow the user to further compartmentalize one's collection if desired. Buttons listed will include "All" (view all files regardless of what folder they are in), "STREAMING" (for "add to library" streaming content), plus up to 10 user-assignable buttons The button names can be changed by renaming the folder names at the root of your Aurender storage drive(s).

The first 10 folders at the root of the Aurender storage drive(s) will be displayed on this second row of buttons in alphabetical order. Include square brackets around the folder names – for example, "[My CDs]" to make a folder appear at the top of the list regardless of alphabetical order. Pressing one of these buttons will filter the viewable content to files that are stored in that folder. If an Aurender has two HDDs and both HDDs have a folder with the same name, the corresponding folder-name button will display consolidated content on both HDDs will be shown. Folders after the first 10 will be covered in the "Misc." button.

Press and hold any user nameable folder button (second row browser buttons), and the “Play Random” button will appear. Up to 500 random songs in the folder will be queued. For random play of Albums, Genres, or other categories, press and hold the Album, Genre or other category and an option for Random Play will appear (from App 1.5.09 /System Software 2.0.41 and above).

For more details on accessing the Aurender hard disk drive and folders, please read the section on Transferring Music.

Please note that only folders populated with one or more files will appear in the second row of buttons

16 hours ago, AriMargolis said:

@udis @agladstone more info on this from the Conductor App Manual found here: https://aurender.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500004666842-Conductor-V3-App-Guide-

Thank you for this. To clarify, in order for me to control the first 10 folders (order of listing), do I need to create a child directory with the remaining folders? Say I want a folder “Live albums”, if I create it in current flat structure, it will not be in first 10. Am I missing something?

6 hours ago, udis said:

Thank you for this. To clarify, in order for me to control the first 10 folders (order of listing), do I need to create a child directory with the remaining folders? Say I want a folder “Live albums”, if I create it in current flat structure, it will not be in first 10. Am I missing something?

That is indeed how it works. I have requested to make it possible to turn it off for people that don't use this. 

An annoying noise annoys an oyster

A couple days back, I encountered a problem in which my N100 skipped a number of Tidal songs. It could play some tracks but most of the times, it would skip tracks. I checked with my friend's A10 and he had the same issue. Till today, the problem still persists.

@AriMargolis Please kindly check what happened.

5 hours ago, PrTv said:

A couple days back, I encountered a problem in which my N100 skipped a number of Tidal songs. It could play some tracks but most of the times, it would skip tracks. I checked with my friend's A10 and he had the same issue. Till today, the problem still persists.

@AriMargolis Please kindly check what happened.

If your friend has the same issue on a different system, the problem is not with Aurender. 

An annoying noise annoys an oyster

4 hours ago, Anonamemouse said:

If your friend has the same issue on a different system, the problem is not with Aurender. 

A10 is definitely Aurender's product, mate. It's different model but use the same OS and works the same way. This happened already in the past and Ari and his team managed to fix this quite quickly.

Aurender software (conductor app) used to be good, now it’s very buggy, and rapidly losing ground to Roon. As a small example, consider the following:

1.     In the past you could add favorite songs to the queue, and then save those queued songs as a playlist to Tidal. That functionality no longer works (at least for me). 

2.     In the past, in Favorites the alphabet was listed along the right side of the screen. To jump to that letter, you could just touch it. That functionality is now gone. You now must scroll through all the songs. On an iPad mini with 1,700 Favorite songs that can take a very long time. 

3.     In the past selecting “Songs”, and “Favorites”, one could easily scroll from beginning to end. Now only 50 songs load, and you must then touch “Load More”, reaaallly slow. With 1,700 songs you must go through this process 34 times!!

a.     Now after you finally scroll through dozens and dozens of screens to get to the desired Favorite song, and then you select an action (say play now). You lose your place in Favorites and then need to re-load all the songs AGAIN (see above 34 different screens to get to the letter Z).

4.     In the past, when you loaded Favorites into the queue, the songs maintained the solid (selected) star. Now some of the songs lose their solid star. So if you are listening to a song in the queue and decide it is no longer a Favorite, you can no longer deselect it, as it already shows it is deselected, though in fact, it isn’t. 

5.     In the past, under “Songs”, “Favorites”, one could easily touch a star to deselect it and thereby remove it from Favorites. Now the song just gets added to the queue. 

6.     I understand Wadax makes a nice server (Atlantis) that is both MQA compatible and a Roon Core. Now that Covid is over, time to find an audio show to take a listen and replace this very buggy Aurender. Isn’t convenience the point of streaming after all?