IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

25 minutes ago, kvm said:

I see you have an AN DAC/ setup (even I have an AN-UK setup); I have an opportunity to move from a w20 to N20;

Just curious, is there anything you felt with N20 lacking for your setup that you wanted to move away?

Could you pls explain why you consider the move from W20 to N20 as an upgrade?

As a happy owner of W20 for over 10 years ( native DSD playback and „powerless” usb audio )  I would probably consider the upgrade to W20 SE but rather not to N20.

Am I missing something about N20?

Aurender W20 -> AudioAero La Fontaine or Lampizator  Pacific 2 SE->Ayon Crossfire III or  Circle Labs A100 >Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26 with 4x REL Carbon Special

1 hour ago, marslo said:

Could you pls explain why you consider the move from W20 to N20 as an upgrade?

As a happy owner of W20 for over 10 years ( native DSD playback and „powerless” usb audio )  I would probably consider the upgrade to W20 SE but rather not to N20.

Am I missing something about N20?

Not really - even I wanted to understand if a move from w20 to N20 would be an upgrade/ downgrade or a sideways move as I have mentioned in one of my earlier posts; the only useful features (as I see) of an N20 over W20 are the higher resolution support and the new ROON integration which are beneficial in certain situations but otherwise even am pretty happy with my w20!

14 hours ago, kvm said:

Not really - even I wanted to understand if a move from w20 to N20 would be an upgrade/ downgrade or a sideways move as I have mentioned in one of my earlier posts; the only useful features (as I see) of an N20 over W20 are the higher resolution support and the new ROON integration which are beneficial in certain situations but otherwise even am pretty happy with my w20!

Thank you, for time being Roon is not on my radar;)

Aurender W20 -> AudioAero La Fontaine or Lampizator  Pacific 2 SE->Ayon Crossfire III or  Circle Labs A100 >Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26 with 4x REL Carbon Special

AURENDER & ROON

In your opinion, how to connect the best way?

2 options here with a Mac (ROON Software) or ROON Appliance.

Please, see Logic and physical diagrams and comment.

Also, when an AURENDER N30SA, I guess it doesn’t make any difference to use ROON Core Nucleus One ou Titan. AURENDER is doing the job when it is to sound. SO the cheaper the better , go with ROON Nucleus One?!? What is your opinion?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

IMG_3043.jpeg

IMG_3042.jpeg

IMG_3041.jpeg

5 hours ago, KINS said:

AURENDER & ROON

In your opinion, how to connect the best way?

2 options here with a Mac (ROON Software) or ROON Appliance.

Please, see Logic and physical diagrams and comment.

Also, when an AURENDER N30SA, I guess it doesn’t make any difference to use ROON Core Nucleus One ou Titan. AURENDER is doing the job when it is to sound. SO the cheaper the better , go with ROON Nucleus One?!? What is your opinion?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

IMG_3043.jpeg

IMG_3042.jpeg

IMG_3041.jpeg

The QuickStart Guide shows the Ethernet cable going to the ASC unit, which is then connected to the (in your case) N30: 

image.thumb.jpeg.507f8df3aab5cb42e640b6f89213ac4b.jpeg

Aurender N200 music server, Bryston BDA-3 DAC, PS Audio BHK Signature preamp, Bryston 4B3 power amp, and Diapason Adamantes III monitor speakers. Power cords from AudioQuest and Shunyata; interconnects from Silnote Audio.

I 'm looking for my first streamer. For the last ten years I've been playing files from a hard drive connected to an Oppo 105. My dac is an Ayre Codex. The only digital connection they have in common is toslink. I'm using a DL Labs Glass Master cable. Recently I tried hooking a 17" Dell Inspiron to the Ayre via generic USB cable. It sounds better to me. Now I'm looking at an Aurender to use with the Ayre.

First thought was a used N100. The Conductor app sounds simple to use and Aurender has great sound quality. A review stated that the N100 didn't sound great with his Ayre QB dac. I see many people using the two together on this forum. Anything to worry about? 

Also considering an used A10. I probably wouldn't use the built in dac. Does it outperform the N100 thru the USB output? The stereophile review had numerous problems with applying MQA filtration to files that weren't MQA. Did Aurender ever fix this? The A10 also comes with a remote. Why doesn't it just use the Conductor app on a phone or tablet like their units

Thanks for reading this and helping,

Roon and MQA don't matter at all.

Doug A

1 hour ago, Doug A said:

Why doesn't it just use the Conductor app on a phone or tablet like their units

It does use the vital Conductor app. Honestly, the remote is mostly only useful for powering on or off, or for volume control.

Best way to know which one is a home audition.  If you don’t need the Dac, best to stick to the N series. 

Leaning towards a new N150. There are lots of power outages in Midwest, USA. I try to unplug the system during a storm, but can't always. The super capacitor will help guard against a corrupted drive. Aurender can fix many problems remotely. Do they have US repair for mechanical problems?

Thanks,

barondla

33 minutes ago, Doug A said:

Leaning towards a new N150. There are lots of power outages in Midwest, USA. I try to unplug the system during a storm, but can't always. The super capacitor will help guard against a corrupted drive. Aurender can fix many problems remotely. Do they have US repair for mechanical problems?

Thanks,

barondla

They do, I think it was  in California.  I sent my N200 there once for a repair and had it back very quickly.

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Can you be a little more specific about what you mean by memory drive?

The Aurender N150 has a drawer to install HDD or SSD. My understanding is external hard drive files can be copied to them. Internal HDD/SSD aren't required for streaming Tidal or Qobuz. Are they required to play music from an external drive? Trying to figure out if a Samsung 4t SSD is required to begin with.

Thanks,

barondla 

21 minutes ago, Arnold Cruz said:

Is has a built in SSD used for caching and other functions. You can add an internal HDD/SSD *if* you want to store files. If you’re playing off a NAS, or just streaming, nothing else is needed. 

Are you asking about the ability to play music off an external HD without having an internal HD installed?  I assume there's no issue.  However, it's preferable to use an internally installed HD.

2 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Are you asking about the ability to play music off an external HD without having an internal HD installed?  

Yes. I know it will sound better using internally stored files. May take some time to gather the Samsung SSD, audiophile USB cable, and Wi-Fi adapter. 

Thanks,

barondla