4 minutes ago, LarryMagoo said:

Is Classical all that is listed here?   The guys below are fun to listen to.....well recorded Electronic music will have you taping your feet quickly!

I usually listen to Jazz, Smooth Jazz and some Classic Rock....give these guys a try....!

Oh yeah! ;)

Their 'Greatest Hits' used to be one of my demo discs, some pieces sound spectacular, that's true.

20 minutes ago, firedog said:

Low DR can just mean there isn't much built in dynamic range to the music itself.  Happens a lot with Rock/Folk/Country/Blues types of music.

Indeed, the DR meter is mostly useful only to compare different mastering versions of one particular album.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

5 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Despite having a DR of 4

?

https://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=Chet Atkins and Mark Knopfler

Enjoy that single malt! 🙂

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

6 hours ago, firedog said:

Low DR can just mean there isn't much built in dynamic range to the music itself.  Happens a lot with Rock/Folk/Country/Blues types of music.

6 hours ago, semente said:

Indeed, the DR meter is mostly useful only to compare different mastering versions of one particular album.

Yes I know, I mainly wanted to head off any comments that it must be compressed to hell with such a low DR.

No electron left behind.

2 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Yes I know, I mainly wanted to head off any comments that it must be compressed to hell with such a low DR.

Roon is using a different measurement of dynamic range - R128 vs the more wildly quoted "Crest" method as used in Foobar -essentially average vs peak methods of calculation. The two methods aren't directly comparable number to number. So if you say it has a "DR of 4" that's sort of misleading, as most of us would assume you are reporting what the Foobar/DR database states as DR. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, firedog said:

Roon is using a different measurement of dynamic range - R128 vs the more wildly quoted "Crest" method as used in Foobar -essentially average vs peak methods of calculation. The two methods aren't directly comparable number to number. So if you say it has a "DR of 4" that's sort of misleading, as most of us would assume you are reporting what the Foobar/DR database states as DR. 

Next time I will link to a page explaining this before I dare mention the dynamic range that's clearly visible in the screen capture included in my post.

No electron left behind.