"Near the end of his life, I asked Hooker where listeners could hear his best recordings. “Back when I was younger coming up,” he responded, “I was playing more hard blues by myself. I could play more guitar and do more by myself. I had no band to interfere. I could do what I wanted to do when I wanted to do it. ‘In the Mood,’ ‘Dimples,’ ‘Boom Boom,’ and ‘Boogie Chillen’,’ I would say. That’s the real, real blues--the deep, deep blues.”  --- Jas Obrecht

https://www.loc.gov/static/programs/national-recording-preservation-board/documents/Boogie-Chillen.pdf

71xd2WIXbJL._SL1200_.thumb.jpg.936376496dbeff08b16aea292c8030b6.jpg

71EDt9p21PL._SL1200_.thumb.jpg.66b14f01bf31d34e664de8115aed7477.jpg

Having a Jeff Beck session:

jeff beck.jpg

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Credited by Qobuz to Jim Jarmusch, but actually an album by a trio of musicians, with Sonic Youth’ Lee Ranaldo and Hungarian percussionist Balázs Pándi, produced by Marc Ursell; material loosely based on He Loved Him Madly, a stunning composition from Miles Davis.

26336090_Screenshot2021-07-09at17_46_22.thumb.png.89fdb3b43764523df39c3feb5d39c1e0.png

20 hours ago, jiminlogansquare said:

Wow. This is the most amazingly talented young singer I have heard in I don't know how many years. Samara Joy is going places. This is such solid work at every level, I can't believe she's just 21 years old.
DC64211E-4456-416B-8D78-88EB23229391.jpeg

Absolutely wonderful album. Thanks for sharing!

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull