Another great lp...

Screenshot_20240325_201341_JRemote.jpg

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

For a complete start to finish album it does not get better than this;spacer.png

'Stones in My Passway'

With 'Stones in My Passway' Carmen Gomes Inc. embarks on a remarkable journey through the corridors of time. Paying homage to the legendary blues musician, composer, and founding father of the fatal 27 Club, Robert Johnson, their album transcends the boundaries of traditional recordings, offering a mesmerizing sonic road movie experience.

'Stones in My Passway' effortlessly transports you, each track being a gateway, to a world where time and space intertwine with the rich tapestry of Johnson's life.
Imagine Robert Johnson walking alone late at night in the 1930s United States of America, en route to his sad demise in Greenwood, Mississippi. As he walks, he reflects upon his life, accompanied by the sounds of the night and the echoes of his memories.
The small innovative soundscape vignettes, encompassing each song, weave a cinematic narrative to the unique road movie concept, further enhancing the emotional connection and depth of the musical experience.
It's an immersive and evocative concept album showcasing the power of artistic vision and technical innovation, and a deep reverence for the timeless beauty of Robert Johnson's music.

The heart of this album is Carmen Gomes Inc.'s inspired interpretations of Johnson's immortal songs.
The synergy among the band members, with Carmen's sultry voice in constant dialogue with guitarist Folker Tettero, bassist Peter Bjørnild, and drummer Bert Kamsteeg, goes beyond their instruments' traditional roles.
They elevate the emotions, provide solace, and weave a mesmerizing sonic narrative that further enriches the musical experience.

Perhaps the most remarkable aspect of Carmen Gomes Inc. is their aptitude for cutting to the core and realizing the essence of each song. This skill, combined with Carmen's ability to deeply connect with the mood of the lyrics, has reached new heights, as exemplified in their rendition of 'Little Queen of Spades'.

The remarkable collaboration between Carmen Gomes Inc. and award-winning sound engineer Frans de Rond captures this sonic journey. 

Renowned for his expertise and innovative approach, Frans brings a cinematic dimension to the recordings, solidifying his status as an industry trailblazer. His groundbreaking "one mic+" technique, utilizing the central Josephson C700S microphone alongside additional Josephson C700A, C617 and C715 microphones, creates a balanced and immersive soundstage.

As a fan of both Bob Dylan and Cat Power, and knowing this album has been out since last November, I am amazed I have not listened to it until now. But now that I did I will be buying it after I post this. It's amazing! If you dont tap your foot and turn it up, go see a Dr and make sure your heart is still pumping.

IMG_0267.PNG

No electron left behind.

Fantastic lp. I was listening to Black Crow by Kurt Elling and started going through all the different versions of Black Crow are out there. How I found this lp and artist.

How many versions of Black Crow are out there (known so far).

https://jonimitchell.com/music/covers-song.cfm?id=Black Crow

Now you know. 😁🍷

Screenshot_20240330_103655_JRemote.jpg

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects