Don't forget March 1st is BANDCAMP FRIDAY!!

A great time to buy some new music.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

The Past is Still Alive - Hurray For The Riff Raff

ThePastisStillAlive.thumb.jpg.72e2c61a1bc4bc732c533af267338d9e.jpg

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

7 minutes ago, Allan F said:

The Past is Still Alive - Hurray For The Riff Raff

ThePastisStillAlive.thumb.jpg.72e2c61a1bc4bc732c533af267338d9e.jpg

I have seen her live. She is this tiny but massive force of nature.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

IMG_2123.png

Headphones: ZMF Atrium Closed, ZMF Bokeh, Audeze LCD-X, Meze 109 Pro, Focal Clear Mg, Noble Katana IEMs, Dan Clark Aeon 2 Closed
Amp/DAC: Decware MKIII Tube Amp, ZMF Homage, Schiit Bifrost 2/64, Woo Audio WA8, Burston Playmate 2, Mytek DSD192 DAC, Cayin RU7, Chord Mojo, Fiio M11 Plus DAP
Cables: Promitheus XLR Interconnects, WyWired red cables, Meze Silver, ZMF 6.35 ofc and 4 pin xlr stock, Arctic Cable, Audio Envy Cable balanced, balanced Silver Interconnects
Other: Aurender N100H, Macbook Pro (2023) running Audirvana Studio

This is not bad at all. 

image.thumb.jpeg.13f41d0fcb0fb66f6448b4eadc72ddb7.jpeg

I've gotten used to modern volume compression sound over the years, and it usually doesn't bother me anymore.

But this thing is way up there (or down there) in VC - to the point where it sounds distorted....of course,  that's the probably the artistic intent. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

3 hours ago, Jud said:

From the guy who used to be half of Oasis? If you've listened to Oasis, you know the answer is undoubtedly yes.

Yes, I get that. But I'm not entirely convinced that the extreme VC on Morning Glory was entirely an "artistic" decision, and not just "lets make it louder than everything else".  Maybe that's not a real distinction, I sort of think it is. 

On this one, it seems to me they were purposely going for the sound of distortion. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Such a great album. Unavailable on streaming. Out of print. Hard to find. 

24/192 Classic Records HDAD

folder.jpg

I heard him give a recital back in the '80s. Wonderful performer and entertaining too and what a sound!

Frank Zappa: Zappa In New York (40th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) (24/96)

image.jpeg.36bf0ad64b52685636ee45d909ed00e7.jpeg

A very familiar album but always enjoyable. I focused my listening this evening on Eddie Jobson's keyboard work. It lacks perhaps, the virtuosity of George Duke or Tommy Mars but there are some lovely subtle synthesiser touches.

11 hours ago, dericchan1 said:

I have been listening to this album a lot since its launch and I really thought this is a rock solid album by Green Day

IMG_9022.jpeg

I have it also, I find American Idiot a superior LP in every way - including the recording.

I am still a fan though.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

7 minutes ago, botrytis said:

I have it also, I find American Idiot a superior LP in every way - including the recording.

I am still a fan though.

American Idiot and Dookie are obviously classic Green Day but this is pretty solid as well. I look forward to seeing their “Saviours” tour in Toronto in the summer!!!

6 minutes ago, dericchan1 said:

American Idiot and Dookie are obviously classic Green Day but this is pretty solid as well. I look forward to seeing their “Saviours” tour in Toronto in the summer!!!

I do like it, I just think it is not their best work.

I have seen enough punk bands in the day - I saw the Dead Kennedy's when they came out with 'Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables' LP.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

3 minutes ago, botrytis said:

I do like it, I just think it is not their best work.

I have seen enough punk bands in the day - I saw the Dead Kennedy's when they came out with 'Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables' LP.

This Saviours will be (hopefully) pretty interesting as they also invited the Smashing Pumpkins, Linda Lindas and Rancid to the tour.

i don’t know too much about Linda Lindas and Rancid but sure like the earlier albums from the Smashing Pumpkins