10 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

Yet one more after Blue Note tribute to L. Cohen, this time more ..classical in style.

Streaming mp3 fragments and as much as I love the former recording (I think it's one of very few interesting albums with LC covers), I don't know what to think of this one (but I have a problem with classical singing, especially with male vocalists so maybe you need to check it out for yourself..).

fq3k26-adaywithsu-preview-m3.jpg

How did you get that?

Screenshot_20221202-001621_Qobuz.jpg

26 minutes ago, DuckToller said:

How did you get that?

Screenshot_20221202-001621_Qobuz.jpg

I didn't. Being an educated man (it's such a game between us, gentlemen, everything is ok, I assure you 🙂) you probably can read.. 

10 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

Streaming mp3 fragments (...) I don't know what to think of this ..

..but it's available since 04.11

here

You're welcome  😎

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I’m trying to get into this one. 

It's available as a digital download in 24/44 on Bandcamp. I quite like it.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

71b4W2rwNRL._SX522_.jpg

Recent addition at Qobuz.

Quite good. Slightly unusual version of the Ravel/Mussorgsky, supposedly more accurate to the original Ravel score.

Sound on the CD Version is good. At Amazon there were a lot of comments that the sound was awful. Maybe that's the SACD layer in that version. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

An early recording of Goldberg Variations by the celebrated German musician Karl Richter. The masterful performance on the two-manual harpsichord (as originally conceived) can serve as a reference for comparison with modern performances. In addition to this early version, Karl Richter recorded the Variations several times, including an album for DG in the early '70s and two or three albums for Japanese labels, but this debut version is particularly appealing. The sound quality is archival, of course. Which may or may not be a disadvantage.

https://open.qobuz.com/album/py4fax7abwfqa

image.thumb.png.c13ab8025c3d3abfe2004977ba650b4a.png