I was going to ask the same thing 😁

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

1 hour ago, ASRMichael said:

I’m not usually a country fan, if this is country? But this is such an amazing recording. His voice just pops out at you! Must listen!  

019B4522-268E-44AB-B13B-69ED2676C293.jpeg

You can test the noise level/resolution of your system and your hearing: Can you hear the backgroud crickets - with your system at normal volume - throughout the song in the title cut?

If your system isn't good, or your hi frequency hearing isn't good, you won't. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Was recommended this performance, and the hybrid SACD disc. It's an early 50khz (1978, Sounstream) digital recording that was converted to SACD in 2000. 

Ripped it, and It's actually quite a nice sounding disc. Lots of dynamics, and not harsh sounding as one might expect from digital of that era. The Redbook version is available at Qobuz.

firebird.jpg

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Well, technically it is not an evening LP as I am listening to it while I work 🤣

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

On 3/29/2022 at 9:34 PM, firedog said:

You can test the noise level/resolution of your system and your hearing: Can you hear the backgroud crickets - with your system at normal volume - throughout the song in the title cut?

If your system isn't good, or your hi frequency hearing isn't good, you won't. 

I hadn’t before! Put it on and yes, it’s constant throughout! 👍