IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

3 minutes ago, jtm said:

Jud, I do appreciate your expertise on this topic.

IMO, altering the presentation of music information from the way I wanted it to look like, and doing so by adding new content to the metadata area in the music file which I have obtained through a purchase, does mean a modification of my property. 

I have not seen an opt-in or opt-out tab or a pop window informing me about this automated editing.

I am open to learn more about how to identify the modified files and to revert them back to the original status.

However an information to the customer about this „feature“ is the least I would have expected from a company with this background.

An opt-in would in my view be a very nice feature, and I would suppose many others consider it essential.

Meanwhile, on Audirvana's forums, a poster has advised that bulk selection and deletion of the MusicBrainz ID tag is possible with ID3 Tag Editor (at least - perhaps other metadata software will work also, I don't know).

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

46 minutes ago, jtm said:

What file format was it?

Flac?

I had run AS over my NAS folder with DSF files when I read about these metadata changes, but could not retrieve any changes in my files (yet).

This makes we wondering which file formats have been changed under which condition by AS...

Does same behaviour occurs for AIFF files then ...???

My DSF files had the musicbrainz metadata tag added.

The analyze process didn’t appear to go sequentially through each album. Instead, many of my albums had some tracks modified and some yet-to-be-modified. 

It' not a big deal for me. I ripped 200 cd, just what I need for an offline situation, with very few duplicate versions of the same stuff.

As of today, I don't want my files touched, but, apparently, there is no other option.

I might change my mind later on.

Mp3tag, Picard, and foobar2000 can also remove the tags if this is to be believed: https://community.metabrainz.org/t/how-can-i-remove-all-musicbrainz-tags-from-a-set-of-files/63938/4

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

4 minutes ago, Torq said:

Just bear in mind that this won't stop Chronosync seeing them as changed, nor BackBlaze wanting to push them up to the cloud again.  Even resetting the file modification date back as to what they last had (as well as the above change) likely won't do it at this point, either.

I plan on leaving them in at this point. I just need to time my Backblaze backup to overlap my ISP's billing cycle so I don't get charged for overage.

1 hour ago, Jud said:

Meanwhile, on Audirvana's forums, a poster has advised that bulk selection and deletion of the MusicBrainz ID tag is possible with ID3 Tag Editor (at least - perhaps other metadata software will work also, I don't know).

That was me.  I used mp3tag!

mQa is dead!

Just now, lucretius said:

That was me.  I used mp3tag!

Too late to edit, oh well.

2 minutes ago, lucretius said:

Lots of tag editors can remove the tag.  I can use Picard to remove the tag.  but with mp3tag i can remove a large batch in one step. 

Sounds like you can do a bunch at once in Picard too, from the description on the linked page: 

"For future reference, you can totally do this in Picard:

• load files on the left side
  • select all
  • select unwanted tags in the bottom pane
  • right click and remove tags
  • save"

2 hours ago, jtm said:

IMO, altering the presentation of music information from the way I wanted it to look like, and doing so by adding new content to the metadata area in the music file which I have obtained through a purchase, does mean a modification of my property. 

I find all this absolutely unacceptable, not to say incomprehensible. 

I will never try this Studio version.

1 hour ago, Jud said:

Sounds like you can do a bunch at once in Picard too, from the description on the linked page: 

"For future reference, you can totally do this in Picard:

• load files on the left side
  • select all
  • select unwanted tags in the bottom pane
  • right click and remove tags
  • save"

Actually I do know how to change a file tag across multiple files in Picard. It's just a million times more awkward than mp3tag due to their respective browsers.  

This is Picard:

image.thumb.png.c375196fb09140f59f0abf9f6a2f0d56.png

This is mp3tag:

image.thumb.png.628d406973a464177f086c5463d7d1e5.png

mQa is dead!

2 hours ago, Whya Duck said:

For now, I’m leaving the new metadata tag in the files already analyzed. But it bugs me to lose the file modification date. 

For macOS users, you can use the “touch” command to change a files modification date to match another files. 

touch -r fileA fileB

…changes file “fileB” to have the same modification date as file “fileA”. 

Because AS analyzer didn’t update all my album tracks, I could use their modification date to revert to. 

touch -r "`ls -t *.dsf | tail -n1`" *.dsf 

…updates the modification date for all my DSF files with the oldest modification date of any DSF file for that album. 

For those albums where no tracks were unaffected by AS analyzer, I used the modification date of the JPEG album cover file. 

For windows, there is a program called Attribute Changer (google it for further info).  I have used it on photos (these files were digitized from film negatives).  There is probably something better, I just don't know what it is.

image.png.90e73f11993be352b444781cd8b5bbd6.png

mQa is dead!

1 hour ago, robi20064 said:

The problem is, no matter what tag editor you use, unless it can restore the file to its exact state prior to the AS modification (same hash) your sync software will likely flag it as different and schedule it for backup. It might worth a try checking a modified file with a bunch of tag editors to see if any would be able  to restore it to the desired hash. 

This is why it is completely unacceptable to face any changes to your data without notification in advance. No matter if its "just" a harmless tag, you might be unable to easily revert the changes and have a binary identical file to the original.

If you have a local synced backup as well as a cloud backup, you can revert to the local backup first. (I could have done this, but am choosing to go ahead and let everything be tagged.)

This is not to disagree with your point, but to suggest an alternative for anyone with local backup.

Hi all. So Today AS won’t start at all. Says Code Signature Invalid under report. Termination Reason: Namespace Codesigning Code 0x1. 
Also trustd has been running at 100% CPU. I just deleted it and restarted so it could fix itself but it hasn’t. The joys of new software. It’s back to 3.5 for me. 

Surprise, surprise, Roon lifetime users with 500 or 700 dollars in the game don't like the new and improved 70 dollar a year Audirvana which is equal to 7 or 10 years of Roon not including HQPlayer. They were also complaining on the Roon Community Boards how terrible 1.8 was, but now they would never consider switching to Audirvana. Roon lifetime users are hilarious.