IGNORED

Audirvana Studio

1 minute ago, bbosler said:

curious....  what computer you are running this on?

Imac late 2013 with SSD and 16GB. I checked it again and I am sure now that this setting was the problem, although I didn’t had any problem with this setting before.

3 hours ago, bbosler said:

don't you have to hack the computer to run Catalina?

It seems to irritate people when I say this, but I don't understand how anyone can expect good results limping along with a 12 year old computer. Geekbench  results for a 2009 mac are around 400 single core and multicore 600, a Mac Mini M1 is 1700 and 7400. Time to move on.

I just put together a little video for my son with FinalCut Pro on this machine. Surely it

can play some music. I have newer Macs but this is the machine that I use to play music and host my Plex server. It works with everything I need except AS which worked on absolutely fine for 1 day. 

17 minutes ago, Gonzbull said:

AS which worked on absolutely fine for 1 day. 

Tried reinstalling I assume?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

3 hours ago, Gonzbull said:

just put together a little video for my son with FinalCut Pro on this machine. Surely it

can play some music.

4 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

What are you saying?? You don't need to hack a Mac Mini 2009, 2011, 2012... enough horse power to run a software that can run with a candle... :)

You are oversimplifying it. You may accuse me of making it too complicated, but the simple fact is that horse power or the fact that other software runs fine is not the issue. Pure Music runs beautifully on these older Minis using a few % of the CPU.  It won't run at all on a Mini with Big Sur. It isn't horsepower, it is the operating system so you run Pure Music on Mojave, which means you can't use a Mini M1 because Mojave won't run on an M1.

So I'm saying, perhaps some of the issues people are having is trying to use 2021 software on a 2011 machine. Perhaps so, perhaps not this time, but as Apple migrates everything to the M1 machines the old Intels will eventually be left behind. As is a lot of "current" Apple software has to run in a translator to function on an M1. Developers are left with the choice of optimizing their software to run on M1 or Intel... it can't do both.

I'll drop it since this seems  off topic,,, but maybe not if some of the issues here are being caused by some incompatibility that isn't obvious. Makes you wonder why somebody has stuttering on a 2013 mac when running advanced processing? Defect in the software or some issue with running 2021 software on an 8 year old machine?

Hope it all works out for you... see ya

see my system at Audiogon  https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/768

57 minutes ago, bbosler said:

You are oversimplifying it. You may accuse me of making it too complicated, but the simple fact is that horse power or the fact that other software runs fine is not the issue. Pure Music runs beautifully on these older Minis using a few % of the CPU.  It won't run at all on a Mini with Big Sur. It isn't horsepower, it is the operating system so you run Pure Music on Mojave, which means you can't use a Mini M1 because Mojave won't run on an M1.

So I'm saying, perhaps some of the issues people are having is trying to use 2021 software on a 2011 machine. Perhaps so, perhaps not this time, but as Apple migrates everything to the M1 machines the old Intels will eventually be left behind. As is a lot of "current" Apple software has to run in a translator to function on an M1. Developers are left with the choice of optimizing their software to run on M1 or Intel... it can't do both.

I'll drop it since this seems  off topic,,, but maybe not if some of the issues here are being caused by some incompatibility that isn't obvious. Makes you wonder why somebody has stuttering on a 2013 mac when running advanced processing? Defect in the software or some issue with running 2021 software on an 8 year old machine?

Hope it all works out for you... see ya

Maybe I wasn’t clear before but AS did I run on this machine perfectly for a day. Now it won’t even launch so there is a problem somewhere. AS is able it run on High Sierra which this MBP natively supports so it’s got nothing to do with hardware. 

28 minutes ago, Gonzbull said:

Maybe I wasn’t clear before but AS did I run on this machine perfectly for a day. Now it won’t even launch so there is a problem somewhere. AS is able it run on High Sierra which this MBP natively supports so it’s got nothing to do with hardware. 

Any config changes between the first and second times?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

6 hours ago, jos said:

Stuttering was solved by disabling r8brain (deactivate).

@jos, how were you able to disable r8brain?

System: Fedilizer Pro>Pareto Audio Server with both Audiolinux (Roon) and W10 (Audirvana Studio) OS's, currently using W10 (control via remote desktop with laptop)> Original (2015) Sonore Signature Series, BNC/SPDIF > Yggdrasil A2 > Pass Labs XA100 Monoblocks > Triton Reference Speakers (modified) >Tweeked CiscoSG110D-08 LAN Switch. Cabling: Canare LV-77S SPDIF, Kimber KS2026 XLR interconnects, Kimber KS3035 Speaker wires.

@jos, been a long day. I know how to disable R8brain; thought you were referring to the ever running metadata program and got excited about the possibility of turning it off. Hopefully soon.

System: Fedilizer Pro>Pareto Audio Server with both Audiolinux (Roon) and W10 (Audirvana Studio) OS's, currently using W10 (control via remote desktop with laptop)> Original (2015) Sonore Signature Series, BNC/SPDIF > Yggdrasil A2 > Pass Labs XA100 Monoblocks > Triton Reference Speakers (modified) >Tweeked CiscoSG110D-08 LAN Switch. Cabling: Canare LV-77S SPDIF, Kimber KS2026 XLR interconnects, Kimber KS3035 Speaker wires.

1 hour ago, Jud said:

Any config changes between the first and second times?

After I installed AS the trustd process started using 100% CPU non stop. I fixed that by deleting 3 files in the Keychain folder which gets replaced immediately by the OS. After that AS won’t launch anymore. I don’t know if they’re related but oh well. 3.5 and all the other programs on this machine work no problem. 

9 minutes ago, DonaldM said:

This you get as an extra as the result of analyzing (In Yate did not see any other change in the metadata as I defined them):

image.thumb.png.493fc7ba06a126bd2af29a2d4360797e.png 

Info from Wikipedia.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

On 5/22/2021 at 3:22 AM, Jud said:

I’ve got a late 2019 Windows desktop with an i7 8700k and I have experienced stuttering. It’s not the occasional fault one gets when trying upsampling that the machine just barely manages (Studio isn’t that tough on hardware anyway.) It’s as if something loses lock, and once it starts it doesn’t stop until a restart, and sometimes not then.  On the other hand it’s entirely possible to play for hours without problem. So no, I don’t think we’re talking about inadequate hardware, but rather an intermittent bug.

I have the same feeling about it. In my case it was playing from the beginning (for days) without any problem and then, suddenly, it starts stuttering. At first I was thinking of a network problem but that wasn't the case. So, I think, Jud is right.

@The Computer Audiophile @RunHomeSlow @Jud @damien78 just lost my A+3.5.52(or what ever the latest version was) It says "there is no valid license to continue execution of Audirvana"--I have had all versions of Audirvana since 2013! I don't even know where my license key is anymore. Anyone else suddenly have this problem and how do I get my A+3.5... back as I haven't made up my mind yet to go to STUDIO

i have submitted this to Audirvana Support/Community also

let me know if you have any suggestions or if anyone else suddenly has this problem thanks bobbmd

5 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

@The Computer Audiophile @RunHomeSlow @Jud @damien78 just lost my A+3.5.52(or what ever the latest version was) It says "there is no valid license to continue execution of Audirvana"--I have had all versions of Audirvana since 2013! I don't even know where my license key is anymore. Anyone else suddenly have this problem and how do I get my A+3.5... back as I haven't made up my mind yet to go to STUDIO

i have submitted this to Audirvana Support/Community also

let me know if you have any suggestions or if anyone else suddenly has this problem thanks bobbmd

If you are on a Mac:

https://audirvana.com/delivery/Audirvana_3.5.44.dmg

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13