IGNORED

Afterdark Master Clock for Uptone EtherRegen

Hi! Bryan,

Thanks for your message. The DC connectors is very high quality, produced by one of the best connector company called Lumberg based in Germany. We found that the Giesemann Clock is very sensitive to power connector, to provide the best contact points, this model is selected by us for sound tuning. 

For the DC cable, there is upgrade version AFTERDARK. CONTINENTAL TRIPLE CROWN CFS DC POWER CABLE (LIMITED EDITION), this cable is hand made with Oyeida Gold DC plug, which is excellent to improve with stock DC Cable.

All the Giesemann Clock is backed by 10 years warranty, if it is damaged we could fix them. 

Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

303548888_DCplug.JPG.89d82141a3a75a9dfacf04b02e4a3830.JPG

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA

1 hour ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi! Bryan,

Thanks for your message. The DC connectors is very high quality, produced by one of the best connector company called Lumberg based in Germany. We found that the Giesemann Clock is very sensitive to power connector, to provide the best contact points, this model is selected by us for sound tuning. 

For the DC cable, there is upgrade version AFTERDARK. CONTINENTAL TRIPLE CROWN CFS DC POWER CABLE (LIMITED EDITION), this cable is hand made with Oyeida Gold DC plug, which is excellent to improve with stock DC Cable.

All the Giesemann Clock is backed by 10 years warranty, if it is damaged we could fix them. 

Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

303548888_DCplug.JPG.89d82141a3a75a9dfacf04b02e4a3830.JPG

That is the one I have, loose fit into the clock,  maybe it is the female connector? Also, as I asked before is my warranty valid?

1 hour ago, TRIODE4 said:

That is the one I have, loose fit into the clock,  maybe it is the female connector? Also, as I asked before is my warranty valid?

Hi! Bryan,

This is the same male DC connectors, please contact us with email:  [email protected] to contact our customer services for repair. The warranty is certainly valid for your purchased from secondary market. 

Thanks and have a nice weekend. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

5 hours ago, TRIODE4 said:

Just gently push a fine flat head screw driver into the slit in the male pin to make the slit just a little bit more open. It will make the connection snug. 

• 1 month later...

After reading Martin T's review i ordered my AD Emperor Signature on Monday evening. It arrived at 12 noon today in Melbourne, Australia!!! 3 days after i ordered.  I am cooking it now for 4 hrs. I am using a 30cm apogee clock cable. I'll let you know what my impressions are vs the Chinese clock into the ER feeding into a DCS network bridge then into my Lampizator level 4 dac. 

12 hours ago, lyndonlim said:

After reading Martin T's review i ordered my AD Emperor Signature on Monday evening. It arrived at 12 noon today in Melbourne, Australia!!! 3 days after i ordered.  I am cooking it now for 4 hrs. I am using a 30cm apogee clock cable. I'll let you know what my impressions are vs the Chinese clock into the ER feeding into a DCS network bridge then into my Lampizator level 4 dac. 

Don't under-estimate the apogee clock cable making your music sound blahhh. Are they the pink/lilac cables? They were designed to run at 44,000 up to 192,000 Hz not 10,000,000 hertz. Even at 96kHz they take the top end off the signal but give a slightly bloated mid-bass but overall softer than desired transients.

Check the this site and the web for arguably better sounding clock cables specifically at 10MHz. Hint: They are not as cheap as Apogee cables.

3 hours ago, GryphonGuy said:

Don't under-estimate the apogee clock cable making your music sound blahhh. Are they the pink/lilac cables? They were designed to run at 44,000 up to 192,000 Hz not 10,000,000 hertz. Even at 96kHz they take the top end off the signal but give a slightly bloated mid-bass but overall softer than desired transients.

Check the this site and the web for arguably better sounding clock cables specifically at 10MHz. Hint: They are not as cheap as Apogee cables.

Very valid observation. One of the biggest uplift in sq i have experienced was when i swapped out my audioquest vodka ethernet cable for a sablon ethernet. Wham! Everything seemed to snap into focus... more detail and less etched sibilant artifacts. Its only 1 and 0s huh :) 

On 12/17/2021 at 8:41 PM, Mjw21a said:

I know what you mean. Got a rather expensive Musician Aquarius R2R DAC recently. Out of the box it sounded defective it was so bad, but after 2.5 weeks continuous use it’s become the best sounding DAC I’ve ever used.  ;)

We used to sell Denafrips R2R DAC few years ago. When we open the cover, the R2R inside is array of capacitor. So, it would takes relative long time to burn in. Afterwards, It will become smoother time to time. The mid-range is very nice and natural. 

On 12/18/2021 at 10:36 AM, GryphonGuy said:

Day 3 and things are starting to open up. I believe i am starting to hear what you have described about the Apogee cables sounding dull and rolled off. I just swapped in the thin 1 metre cables After Dark provided with the clock, the soundstage seem to open up to a airier presentation. What clock cable do you currently use and what would you recommend? 

I am thinking if a cheap after dark bnc can sound so much better than the apogee in my system then what if i spend a bit more coin? 

16400048121264734568455397819905.jpg

Swapped back to the apogee cables again listening to the same James Horner Legends of the Fall goodbyes track. A more lush and richer mid tone presentation returns in favor of the slightly airier but less rich sounding AD stock bnc cable. The jury is still out on this one. I am not throwing my apogee cables out just yet. 

Swapped back to AD cable for the last test of the night.  i feel the apogee cable music presentation compresses the soundstage depth too much in my system. I can 'hear' the recording quite a bit more with the AD stock cable. 

The AD stock cable is straight out of the box not burnt in at all. I was actually going to give it away until Gryphonguy prompted me to question the quality of the very popular Apogee Wyde cable.