IGNORED

Afterdark Master Clock for Uptone EtherRegen

13 minutes ago, Nikko1960 said:

Maybe I missed something on the cable discussion.  But if (like me) you have the AD clock, why not (also like me) buy their top cable?

https://www.adark.co/products/afterdark-project-clayx-black-river-carbon-fiber-woven-xlr-cable

Thanks for the suggestion but $500 Aud is too much coin for a clock cable for atm. I would like to explore more affordable options first around the $250 mark. 

29 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Something to test out. 

22512168 - ENVIROFLEX_142

Website link to ecatalog datasheet:

Product document download (ENVIROFLEX_142) (hubersuhner.com)

84057576 - 11_BNC-50-3-86/133_NE 

Website link to ecatalog datasheet:

Product document download (11_BNC-50-3-86/133_NE, 11_BNC-50-3-86/133_N) (hubersuhner.com)

This option is cheap enough to try. Thanks. 

The Afterdark proposition is a crazy 'good value' for the customers. Okay no doubt their profit margin is probably massive but at the end of the day those little boxes do deliver the sonic goods. 

The deal is you can upgrade to higher levels with the full price of the product you bought going towards the upgraded model. On top of that, they offer a 10 year warranty on their products and throw in a bloody decent bnc cable. They deserve every success they get imo! 

Now i am tempted to get the AD clock offering to run my ER and my DCS network bridge. I wonder how much upside there is to using an external clock for the dcs network bridge. 

These  AD crew seem to know what they are doing. 

19 hours ago, lyndonlim said:

...What clock cable do you currently use and what would you recommend? ...

Hi I use the MTRX audio distributor ADC/DAC box and the timing is done via ethernet. In fact any external clock I connect to the MTRX detracts from the sound. So Dante to my PC and the MTRX sees excellent sound. I have two EtherRegens too but I use their internal 25MHz clocks at the moment. So no external clocking here...but some day....

Regards

GG

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! 

Happy New Year 2022. 

We want to share the very first positive feedback in this year. This is the comments from a Emperor Signature SE customer, connecting to the EtherREGEN at the very first moment. It is a night and day differences. 

Have a nice weekend and enjoy music with Giesemann Clock.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

965300219_EmperorSignatureSE.thumb.jpeg.16158191d728fb86941cea3f0dad9020.jpeg

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA

On 12/21/2021 at 1:00 AM, lyndonlim said:

Adrian's feedback on the AD stock cable:

This cable is hand teminated with Neutirk BNC plug with BELDEN 1895a cable. Thanks for your positive feedback.

After 25 days of the AD clock running, i would like to report that i prefer the Apogee Wyde 30cm cable over the Belden complimentary cable. The Belden cable presentation seems to lack body, attack and snap in the presentation vs.apogee cable. After returning from overseas i thought something had broken in my system as it was sounding so mediocre with the Belden clock cable. The weird part was the Belden sounded more detailed and open on day 5 of the AD running vs. the apogee wide. 

I have ordered 30cm of duelund silver bnc clock cable from Geoff of Aurealis Audio so that should make an interesting comparison. 

On 12/18/2021 at 12:08 AM, Mjw21a said:

Best clock cables I’ve run are custom Duelund pure silver, double shielded by Aurealis Audio. Just spectacular. Very lifelike presentation.

+1 for the Aurealis Dueland silver clock cable.

Made an immediate difference from cold in clarity and presentation.

Well worth the moderate price!

Hello - what are people using a s a DC cable for their AD Clocks? I have an Emperor Signature coming today to mate with my ER/Farad Super 3, but have not bought the DC cable yet.

I normally use Audio Sensibility Signature Silver's but they are pricey and curious if people have found something else/better.

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

ISOLATION: Stillpoints/Symposium/IsoAcoustics/Herbie's/PS Audio Powerbase

8 minutes ago, sbilotta said:

home made Mundorf S/G with Oyaide plugs

Interesting. I bet those are nice. Did you compare with any other umbilicals. I did find the Level II better than Level I copper but never made the switch to the silver ones. Using Neotech S/G in the signal path in my power amp but never thought to try for power.

Just received my AD Emperor Signature (native 50ohm) clock for my std 75ohm ER and was surprised by the filter Adrian sent. Much different than the inline filter shown on his site.

Anyone else using a similar filter?

IMG_0902.jpeg

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

5 minutes ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi! Frank,

Thanks for you message and questions. 

The adaptor in the picture is matching ohms adaptor, which is for native Giesemann Emperor Signature at 50ohms to be used on ER 75ohms version. 

There is low pass filter from Minicircuit, which can apply directly to the EtherREGEN, for your 75ohms. it requires a +75 version of low pass filter.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Thank you for confirming Adrian

Is anyone using the Aurealis Dueland Silver BNC clock cables with the After Dark/EtherRegen combo successfully?

I was getting ready to buy one and Geoff at Aurealis mentioned he had some recent negative feedback from a user using this combo (although the Antipodes CX/EX was also in the loop) 

12 hours ago, FrankMA said:

Is anyone using the Aurealis Dueland Silver BNC clock cables with the After Dark/EtherRegen combo successfully?

I was getting ready to buy one and Geoff at Aurealis mentioned he had some recent negative feedback from a user using this combo (although the Antipodes CX/EX was also in the loop) 

Hi Frank,

That was me but it has nothing to do with sound quality ... Geoff is cool to share this "negative feedback" before me and I will do so for clarification.

I bought 5 pcs of the Aurealis dueland silver version with silver plated BNC connector with carbon shielding since I am also one that is ok for aud200 cables instead of current MIJ proaudio Canare's 5.5cuhd at affordable $ but not those more ex than ER itself ... since invested already into usd4k oladra upgrade for already not inexpensive cx+ex+p1+p2 stack, 2x ERs, AD's emperor double crown clock etc.

The issue is that I needed the clock cables used with the ERs to run through a forest of 3-4 power and dc cables for the ER with AD's clock between my Antipodes cx and ex in close proximity and I found after days of trying that perhaps due to the level of screening or attenuation at 10Mhz, connection of ERs will drop and not work as we all know .. ER cannot hv clock signal intermittently lost. Reverting to Canare or Aplogee clock cables resolves this issue that can be 10 mins or few hours. I do not experienced the same for the ER from my wifi mesh and CX while using the china clock.

Geoff nicely refund me for 2 cables to keep to the same previous Canare 5.5cuhd while I kept the remaining 3 Aurealis dueland cables to sync my Avatar transport, Hermes ddc and Terminator Plus that are working fine. Can only guess that these does not have the issue of not working even if there is intermittent loss of clock signal while noting that they are not in the company of such "forest" of other power and dc cables.

Hopes this clarifies and I would further add that the sound quality of these cable from my Avator and DCC sounds fine and no worse than Canare and Apogee ones. No bat's ears or reviewer's superlative adjectives as well as not sure if it is the upgraded mundorf caps in my Terminator Plus completing their burning in but system seems more musical and indeed "warmer" with midrange texture without any loss of details ?

Btw, Canare's 5.5cuhd is vfm at few tens of dollars if in doubt and sounds great while 8cuhd with even lower 10khz attenuation is probably a bit too stiff .. do get factory terminated and tested ones.

Cheers.

Revel Salon 2 speakers, Sander Magtech amp, Audible Illusion L3B (Blackgate) preamp, Denafrips Terminator Plus dac, Denafrips Hermes ddc, Antipodes CX/EX/P1/P2 server/player (Oladra upgraded), Denafrips Avatar cdp, Bel Canto fm1 tuner, Airties Wireless Mesh, ifi Blue Zen BT receiver, 2X Uptone EtherRegen + AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10M clock, Zerozone 5/7.5/12v LPS, Uptone LPS 1.2, 2x diy 2kVA Isotransformers, dedicated 20/30A lines for separate digital/analog, Nordost Quattro Fil interconnects, Acoustic Revive TripleC Ethernet/i2S cables, Shunyata Sigma usb cable with ifi Idefender 3.0, Aurealis/Apogee/Canare BNC clock cables, Cardas Clear speaker cable and jumpers, Zonotone Shupreme/5050 powercords, Garrard 301 on slate plinth/sme 3012R/Ortofon Classic Royal GM mk2/diy 301 motor PSU/graham IC90/kimber tak ag etc./Headamp Gilmore Lite Mk2+Golden Reference PSU/Grado FreeSystem fg-1 headphones

We have some audiophile reviews of different BNC Cable, it is worth to compare. 

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA

9 hours ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Frank,

That was me but it has nothing to do with sound quality ... Geoff is cool to share this "negative feedback" before me and I will do so for clarification.

Hopes this clarifies and I would further add that the sound quality of these cable from my Avator and DCC sounds fine and no worse than Canare and Apogee ones. No bat's ears or reviewer's superlative adjectives as well as not sure if it is the upgraded mundorf caps in my Terminator Plus completing their burning in but system seems more musical and indeed "warmer" with midrange texture without any loss of details ?

Btw, Canare's 5.5cuhd is vfm at few tens of dollars if in doubt and sounds great while 8cuhd with even lower 10khz attenuation is probably a bit too stiff .. do get factory terminated and tested ones.

Cheers.

Thank you for your feedback @richard_crl032

Will also check out the Canare