IGNORED

Audiophile Power Cables

Axial

4 hours ago, marce said:

Solder joints............ 38 years of inspection, manual and machine soldering, SMD in the 80's, lead free 2006, creating footprints, solder joint reliability, tin whiskers, vibration testing, ballistic testing, IPC-7351 b to c arguments, my life has been plagued by the dam things. Still they are the most reliable method of securing components to a PCB, used in EVERYTHING, billions of solder joints formed every day, very few fail. They work for microwave with no noticeable signal  degradation,  they work everything else, in audio if the joint has been created properly, I wouldn't even think about it...

Of course! I solder & have a home reflow oven. That said this thread is about AC power cables! I was responding to the suggestion that unsoldered connections are significant responsible for SQ degradation. I mean I also have computers that have been running for >10 years which PCI-e cards and ATX supplies and Ethernet cables! These work perfectly well.  The idea that soldering connectors THAT AREN’T MEANT to be soldered eg XLR cables etc is a hallucination. 

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

19 hours ago, marce said:

Interesting, it is the flux that gets you, I have messed up lungs from rosin fluxs in the days before extraction.

I don't recall seeing lead but there was other elements which he finally traced to his soldering material. I think I got his full report somewhere and will ask his permission if its okay to disclose.

On 8/30/2019 at 10:17 AM, sandyk said:

NASTY ! 

Nothing to get fussed about, Alex ... it's their loss ... ^_^

It's always remarkable how 'intelligent' people can glitch, every time, when asked to consider some aspect of how a system or mechanism works - and when concerning themselves with a setup where the overall integrity is crucial, this 'flaw' is often most obvious.

Habit, and the fact that everyone has "always done it that way!" is a powerful driving force - takes a lot to overcome such ... I take little joy in listening to ambitious rigs of other people; the irritating anomalies in the sound from lack of attention to detail builds up as an annoyance factor - and I'm mighty glad when it's over ...

4 minutes ago, Kimo said:

I checked out the website for this company.  It looks like their product line specifically was constructed to antagonize a few people around here.

https://ansuz-acoustics.com/

Heh.

All components in an audio system vibrate and resonate. Analogue and digital transports generates heavy mechanical vibrations due to rotations in motors and platters. Amplifiers are subject to 50/60 Hz resonances coursed by the current driving the power supply. Power distributors and power conditioners also suffer from the mains frequencies. DAC’s, phono stages, streamers and other low current electronics also create internal vibrations and are even more sensitive to external tremors and pulsations. The loudspeakers are the source of the most profound vibrations.
Even the smallest vibration has a huge effect on the electronic components and circuitry boards thus it will generate new unwanted energy that will resonate backwards and forwards in the system.

The Ansuz Darkz are efficient devices to ground all components in a High End audio system. They are mechanically tuned to allow the vibrations a path out of the component and to keep varies components isolates individually. The sonically improvement is undeniably and addictive.

The Ansuz Darkz is available in tree versions and in four quality levels.

7 hours ago, musicguy said:

anyone use the new shunyata research venom digital v14 with nr filters?  Ive been told this in only for computer devices.  Like a network server,  not for dacs, ht processors?

musicguy

have no truck with companies that have an unsubstantiated "founder myth"...ie: he worked on top secret gov. projects...a scientist...involved with the development of internet protocols...but with no stated resume.  

Would assume the claim to be a “scientist” requires some qualification.

IMO, they cycle through their product line far too frequently when considering the high entry price point without regard for their costumer's reasonable need too keep some of the value of the purchase whenever considering selling.  

Bob Lazar ought to introduce a line of cables based on alien tech!  I wonder if he was the person behind the scenes who created those nano thimbles that the old MQA shill loved so dearly.  

Hey, anyone know what kind of cables they use to hook up those Scientology auditing devices?  Hmm.

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子