IGNORED

Audiophile Power Cables

Axial

5 hours ago, marce said:

We're in a power cord cable's thread; it's not a Wilson Audio loudspeaker's thread. 

Check in the Speaker audio section for more information on what you're looking for. 

I might join you later on, or not...it depends. 

19 minutes ago, Axial said:

Send that to Mr. Bacon and see his reply. Do it, just do it. 

No need. My computer model already provides a highly accurate prediction:

"For me - there's really no way to justify why anyone would choose to read such garbage, on a serious basis. But hey, I don't have that problem...I just wish more people were smarter, instead of just sticking to those easy facts (which I know are in the books and can be easily searched in the internet!)"

3 minutes ago, mansr said:

No need. My computer model already provides a highly accurate prediction:

"For me - there's really no way to justify why anyone would choose to read such garbage, on a serious basis. But hey, I don't have that problem...I just wish more people were smarter, instead of just sticking to those easy facts (which I know are in the books and can be easily searched in the internet!)"

I have no doubt. I'm also from the school of diversified opinions (more) to advance our own. 

9 hours ago, marce said:

LOL

So because its funded by Hi Fi industry advertisers we have to believe...

Nobody is asking you to believe, just respect the views of others in your replies, and not try to force the advertisers that help to keep this forum alive from going elsewhere due to the never ending attacks on products designed for Audiophiles.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

9 hours ago, botrytis said:

The video means nothing, really. It is a sighted test therefor flawed. 

Double blind does not mean AES has to be involved, it just has to be setup properly. The audio Society of Boston has done quite a few double blind tests. They are not hard to do but the people running the test AND the people involved should not know what is being tested. Another group has to the switching and cannot be seen by either group.

Don't you believe that this is also normally done when groups of Audiophiles get together ?

We certainly did that in sessions in Sydney.

It doesn't matter what the Audio Society of Boston and other like groups find, unless the results are published and placed in the general arena for verification.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

9 hours ago, pkane2001 said:

Curious how it is that a system that allows a power cord (arguably one of the least sensitive components in the overall chain) to affect the perceived sound quality is considered superior to a system that doesn't.

At a listening session in Sydney, none of us expected to hear a difference when expensive mains cables were used to -power big 100W Class A Monoblocks designed by Nelson Pass . I suspect that Nelson Pass knows a great deal more than the armchair experts here, yet we still heard a small unexpected improvement.

irrational beliefs should be posted in the religious forum, where they can be respected

possible but unlikely claims should be acknowledged as such - fancy AC power cords are an example for EMF effects

Those proposing an effect bear the burden of proof

or for audiophools, the burden of poof

23 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Don't you believe that this is also normally done when groups of Audiophiles get together ?

We certainly did that in sessions in Sydney.

It doesn't matter what the Audio Society of Boston and other like groups find, unless the results are published and placed in the general arena for verification.

I do and it is flawed. PERIOD. Just because a group of idjots get together and do something doesn't mean it is valid. That is like saying because Donald Trump says something, it is true.

BAS has put there test out there, for verification. 

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

9 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Those proposing an effect bear the burden of proof

or for audiophools, the burden of poof

This may be considered highly offensive to many people and should be removed .

3 minutes ago, sandyk said:

This may be considered highly offensive to many people and should be removed .

"poof" doesn't have that meaning in North America.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

12 minutes ago, botrytis said:

I do and it is flawed. PERIOD. Just because a group of idjots get together and do something doesn't mean it is valid. That is like saying because Donald Trump says something, it is true.

This confirms what most members already know. You are another intolerant Anti Audiophile who can't spell properly either.

1 minute ago, kumakuma said:

"poof" doesn't have that meaning in North America.

This is an INTERNATIONAL Forum, and you are obviously aware that it will be perceived as offensive by many people,

as indeed will Ralf11 too who posted it, while knowing this.

25 minutes ago, sandyk said:

At a listening session in Sydney, none of us expected to hear a difference when expensive mains cables were used to -power big 100W Class A Monoblocks designed by Nelson Pass . I suspect that Nelson Pass knows a great deal more than the armchair experts here, yet we still heard a small unexpected improvement.

I have his 200w monoblocks, and if you read his description, he specifically says the amps are designed not to care about the quality of power being fed into them. So, maybe you were listening to one of his less-well engineered creations ;) 

10 minutes ago, sandyk said:

This is an INTERNATIONAL Forum, and you are obviously aware that it will be perceived as offensive by many people,

as indeed will Ralf11 too who posted it, while knowing this.

I didn't read it as a synonym for homosexual until you started ranting about it. In fact, it took me awhile to figure out you were on about.

BTW, your suggestion that we avoid using any word that MIGHT be offensive to SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE in the world is absurd,  unworkable, and would require the person writing the post to have an encyclopedic knowledge of all slang expressions used in the English-speaking world.

Just now, pkane2001 said:

have his 200w monoblocks, and if you read his description, he specifically says the amps are designed not to care about the quality of power being fed into them. So, maybe you were listening to one of his less-well engineered creations ;) 

Perhaps you should try higher quality power cables with  yours ? I don't mean exotic, just heavier duty of a similar construction.

The differences were very minor though, and may not have been noticed in many systems.

This system was however >Au $100K

4 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

BTW, what does it mean in crazy, upside down world?

The world doesn't revolve around North America.

It means exactly the same to many from the Northern Hemisphere too, including the U.K. and is offensive and should have been removed.

I hope we all agree that:

1. AC cables & wires need to be large enough to flow adequate current (and on peaks when the capacitor reserve is depleted)

2. a good mechanical connection is wise

for the (other) record - I got a free Hubbell outlet and went to the trouble to replace my 50? year old one - little harm in doing something cheap & easy

but fancy AC cables are not cheap

for DC cables just get the Ghent one

2 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Perhaps you should try higher quality power cables with  yours ? I don't mean exotic, just heavier duty of a similar construction.

The differences were very minor though, and may not have been noticed in many systems.

This system was however >Au $100K

Tried. Power cables didn’t do anything for me. 

7 minutes ago, sandyk said:

The world doesn't revolve around North America.

It means exactly the same to many from the Northern Hemisphere too, including the U.K. and is offensive and should have been removed.

So you want Chris to make his post go poof? Would that make Chris a poofter?

28 minutes ago, sandyk said:

This confirms what most members already know. You are another intolerant Anti Audiophile who can't spell properly either.

yes, that's right - everyone with an education in how any aspect of reality works is an intolerant Anti Audiophile

well this is a fine kettle of fish.jpeg