IGNORED

Audiophile Power Cables

Axial

1 hour ago, Axial said:

Nonsense! If you think you are hearing the difference made by some “big-as-a-baby’s-arm (or leg)” boutique mains cable, you are deluding yourself. Well, it’s a free society (so far) and you can believe what you want and spend YOUR money as you see fit. If such a cable makes you think that your system sounds better with such a cable than it does without one, then more power to you. But be advised, that you are deluding yourself and furthering the fortunes of scoundrels and charlatans whose only business ethic is to part you from your hard-wrought cash. Enjoy!

George

3 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

My power cable is superior to anything in that article - it uses super-heavy gravitinos and is called the Dank Matter Fundamental Power Cord.

There is also an option to add an "electric-cooled pony harness...  with fuel injection."

I am using an isolated black hole to power all my audio equipment. Perfect battery. :D

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

4 hours ago, gmgraves said:

Nonsense! If you think you are hearing the difference made by some “big-as-a-baby’s-arm (or leg)” boutique mains cable, you are deluding yourself. Well, it’s a free society (so far) and you can believe what you want and spend YOUR money as you see fit. If such a cable makes you think that your system sounds better with such a cable than it does without one, then more power to you. But be advised, that you are deluding yourself and furthering the fortunes of scoundrels and charlatans whose only business ethic is to part you from your hard-wrought cash. Enjoy!

I am sensing that the Gutwire would be your favorite of the group.  

Gutwire SV-8 Power Cord

Contents

• Price: $1,399/5 ft
  • Conductors: 101%IACS Pure Copper
  • Number of Wire: 16AWG X 8
  • Shield Coverage: Copper braided shielding
  • Insulation: Air
  • Extensive use of natural minerals: Rare Earth Element Composition
  • IEC Connector: Wattgate 320i 15A or Furutech FI-32(G) 20A
  • AC Connector: Wattgate 5266i
4 hours ago, gmgraves said:

Are you relax? I am not the expert who tested, reviewed and wrote the article.

I'm just me, a nobody Frenchman from Canada who wouldn't hurt a fly. 

Enjoy the read, enjoy life, enjoy the music playing. 

As always, if the distortion component that's audible is in an unstable equilibrium state - that is, the slightest perturbation of the setup alters the makeup of that unpleasant, unwanted element - then changing the power cable is quite likely to alter what you hear. Which is not a good thing; and this is something which runs counter to conventional audiophile thinking - what you really want is for the rig to be completely impervious to any fiddling of the power cable - if the status of the SQ is so twitchy, then it becomes a nightmare trying to achieve stability.

I use boring, cheap stuff from electrical outlets - but install it carefully so that it doesn't become part of a SQ issue.

2 hours ago, Kimo said:

I am sensing that the Gutwire would be your favorite of the group.  

Gutwire SV-8 Power Cord

Contents

• Price: $1,399/5 ft
  • Conductors: 101%IACS Pure Copper
  • Number of Wire: 16AWG X 8
  • Shield Coverage: Copper braided shielding
  • Insulation: Air
  • Extensive use of natural minerals: Rare Earth Element Composition
  • IEC Connector: Wattgate 320i 15A or Furutech FI-32(G) 20A
  • AC Connector: Wattgate 5266i

It is certainly the type of mouse-milk about which I am speaking. But it’s by no means the only culprit.

George

5 minutes ago, One and a half said:

This thread is a lagoon full of sharks circling for the first post from someone who can detect differences between power cables and the water will turn red.

I have no problem saying that I can hear differences in the video he posted.  Anyone who listens to it should  be able to hear them.

I can't say which one is better or best, however.  Nor, could I honestly say that the differences amount to very much to me.  

The purpose of the OP was obviously to chum the waters and create some drama.  That's fine if it entertains people.  Whatever floats your boat.  Cable fight threads are beyond played out to me- I'll still state my viewpoint but don't care to argue about it.

Back in the day though, I used to enjoy a good ol' cable fight.

Speaking of which, we should be getting some comments from Sal in 3, 2, 1.........

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Not Sal, was typing when Blake replied...

Hook them all up to a metal chair and ask people to guess which (very mildly) shocked them based on manufacturer literature and visual cues.  Then feed out surveys with laughably over the top answers selected from audio reviews on same cables.  Crosscheck results and laugh at/with everyone involved.

A decent shielded mains cable may very well result in a small audible improvement when used with some Class D amplifiers where it's  mains cable is of necessity in close proximity to the interconnects and power cables of the other devices .

Try listening to an AM radio anywhere near the mains cable of many Class D amplifiers.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020