IGNORED

Audiophile Power Cables

Axial

7 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

So you want Chris to make his post go poof? Would that make Chris a poofter?

I am not going to go there with that one. It was funny though.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

When the teenager rolls up beside one, in a vehicle with the body panels rippling with vibration, letting everyone know what his favourite doof doof music is  ... (What? You mean that there are actually some tracks don't just sound like, doof, doof, doof, doof, doof, doof, ... that's remarkable)

11 hours ago, botrytis said:

I will give an example on this. At an American Wine Society event, I was involved in both sighted and blind tasting of some red wines. In the sighted test, the majority of the people picked out the most expensive as being the best. In the non-sighted test (it was the same wines, BTW) the same people picked the cheapest wine of the list (which was at the bottom of the list in the sighted test).

Being pretentiousness about having the 'right" brands, and paying the "right", elevated amounts of money for things are an important part of the game of life for many people ... last visit of the very good wine shop up the road, there was a casual tasting of Penfold's reds, the people who do the Grange - some of the labels lower on the rung, but still very pricey. Ummm ... far, far too young, should never have been opened - not a single one was was anything more than a bit of plonk to go with a barbeque, in terms of what it was like as a drinking experience ... since the brand had the name, they could get away with prices no other local producer would dare try.

21 hours ago, Archimago said:

What's most interesting to me is in the last summary page of that very long article; because this is what the cable Industry is truly about:

"Finding that balance in your system is tough – and neverending."

Indeed it would be very tough to try so many cables and listen to whatever minute differences might or might not be there. What's important for the cable industry is that people maintain faith that audible differences are possible which this article has meticulously conveyed along with promotion of other audiophile lore (you know, a simple correlation like "higher priced cords generally use higher quality material - which generally results in better resolution, timbre..."). People like simple beliefs like this.

So long as a certain percentage of audiophiles will engage in that "neverending" quest to find this "tough" "balance", all's good with the Industry. Where there is the quest for the Holy Grail, there are potential profits to be gathered.

While I cannot advocate for such an avocation as I believe it to be folly, it is a free world and I suppose there are worse and more destructive ways to spend one's time and money. I am impressed by Mr. Bacon's passion in what he does nonetheless! 🙂

132 posts in this power cables thread. The guy did a tremendous job in my opinion and he has my respect. 

Mr. Archimago, you are one of the members here who I also enjoy reading your blog tremendously. You are one of the very bests.

Two different styles one story...the pursuit of music satisfaction. 

_____

"I have to say that many posts bring nothing constructive; it's a critic of posters acting like kids in their own personal sandbox. Who's right who's wrong I'm better than you no you are not I have more experience I know what I'm talking about no you're not you have no proof but me my system talk better because I set things up according to the plans of audio gold from the scriptures written before we were born. How could you be better when I am?"

That's about how it sounds like for 75% of this thread, minimum.

That's a very low percentage for intelligent people in a world of music reproduction and everything else in it. It doesn't inspire me much @ all. And instead of playing this childish game I'm better off. 

Wait a minute, I don't have to; I have stuff in this audiophile style affair that I want to share to, and if only few smart people can have a smart discussion it's all worth it. I simply ignore all that has zero relevance and zero benefit and zero advancement. 

It's my thread and I'm responsible. I'm moderating it. I try anyway to do the best I know without being despicable but amicable. ...Like a bunch of good people here. 

Time to wisen up ...

50 minutes ago, Kimo said:

Hmm...this makes me wonder what my friend's cattle dog is really saying to us.

We could go with Audiodrongo.

Better still, we could go without ANY of this insulting crap that pollutes so many threads these days and would not be tolerated in most other forums !

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

I know most of you don't appreciate anything that is not scientifically measured and analysed and proven reliable by the best tools the mathematicians physicists audio scientists used over the last fifty years and more, and you are partly right in your expertise. Some are even more right. I also know that you are open minds and appreciate values when you see and hear them. 

This is a good site with smart people, then why not acting the part? 

There is nothing wrong with this extensive study on power Cables, to the contrary, someone took the dedicated passionate time to listen, compare, listen more, adjust levels, change audio components, ...brief he did an exhaustive testing beyond what any other human before him did not. 

We are witnessing power of audio in the making, thanks to him, to his sharing generosity. You can do your own without undoing his. Me I think sincerely that there is more valuable information than not, and that alone counts for a lot. 

Here's something for the analysts and critics to digest ...

• https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/audiophilestyle.com

It's only a guide, but used in a comprehensible advent/development it sure can improve in the upwards of many departments. You'd feel better contributing positively to your own home...Audiophile Style (website) with the people you love, including yourself and your own family @ home. Yes, no? Of course yes. 

Each new day is a brand new day, yesterday's emotions and distractions are gone to new better tomorrow's destinations.

By reinventing ourselves each day we get closer to the gift of music reproduction of a higher plane. 

Don't expect others to to the things you can do yourself, take charge in a constructive discussion towards advancement. The world needs it. 

7 hours ago, sandyk said:

Nobody is asking you to believe, just respect the views of others in your replies, and not try to force the advertisers that help to keep this forum alive from going elsewhere due to the never ending attacks on products designed for Audiophiles.

Stop trying to promote myths then, works both ways....

At a listening session in Sydney, none of us expected to hear a difference when expensive mains cables were used to -power big 100W Class A Monoblocks designed by Nelson Pass . I suspect that Nelson Pass knows a great deal more than the armchair experts here, yet we still heard a small unexpected improvement.

Maybe you should read some of what Mr Pass has written on cables......

This confirms what most members already know. You are another intolerant Anti Audiophile who can't spell properly either.

Instead of being the saviour of audiophile true believers, post something relevant instead of endless insults.

6 hours ago, sandyk said:

Perhaps you should try higher quality power cables with  yours ? I don't mean exotic, just heavier duty of a similar construction.

The differences were very minor though, and may not have been noticed in many systems.

This system was however >Au $100K

Ha ha ha

6 hours ago, mansr said:

I have never, not even once, heard the word 'poof' used in that sense.

Possibly on a 70's UK sitcom, other than that there are other more common uses, such as a sudden disappearance, often used in children's illustrate books.

Anyway got to go to work now and sit in the armchair...

38 minutes ago, Blackmorec said:

I must say, threads like this bring out the absolute worst in Forums, mindlessly posting the same old arguments, making barbed jibes that try to sneak in as humorous but just come across to most as childish name calling. What starts as a bit of reasonable discussion always deteriorates to a far lower level that eventually becomes nothing more than dross and wasted bandwidth. I’ll leave you guys’d to figure out why. 

+1

23 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Mind you, I’m very familiar with very sensitive imaging applications, where just a few photons per hour are often being detected, and extreme cryogenic cooling is required... and none use audiophile power cables, or the cooky designs that the audiophile industry has created.

Which proves absolutely nothing as Photons are far removed in the spectrum from mains frequency or RF/EMI that affects Audio.

25 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Since you are for some reason unhappy with my response, maybe you can point out to me where I’ve made a mistake by showing any electrophysiology monitoring or imaging application that uses an audiophile cable instead of a properly gauged, properly shielded and properly insulated power cable.

Mind you, I’m very familiar with very sensitive imaging applications, where just a few photons per hour are often being detected, and extreme cryogenic cooling is required... and none use audiophile power cables, or the cooky designs that the audiophile industry has created.

Who's sensors? do quite a few boards for CCD's  they are mad some of them,  200MHz ADC's etc. but no fancy cables, just the correct cable for the job.