IGNORED

Rendu Support Thread

19 minutes ago, miguelito said:

Hmmm... You could have kept a microSD with 2.5... :) It's  easy to clone.

That probably would have been smart.  However...only first impressions....but I think I'm liking the new sound.  I use Roon with very delicate PEQ adjustments.  Maybe I can turn down the bass a half-click with 2.6.  I'll test more and confirm.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

Glad to be part of this private CA launch! I ignored the "Latest SW version" displayed and ran Update anyway to get 2.6. Changes include Squeezelite 1.8.7, which as usual needed to be selected in Audio App Switcher again even though it was already shown as Active. It's up-and-running, controlled by Squeezelite-X and Squeezer, and I'm now enjoying the Radio Paradise FLAC stream plugin.

On 3/21/2018 at 4:03 PM, vortecjr said:

**This update does not included MQA support:

2. Sonicorbiter on the sonicTransporter series will be updated next with a surprise new feature!

I hope/assume the sonicTransporter series includes my little SCG microJukebox, which has gone through more than one model name change over the years. I ran the updater on the microJukebox but got only incremental updates to 2.5 and Plex server.

And...I reading too much into colon after "MQA support", pointing to the promise of a "surprise new feature" for the SGC sonicTransporter series? :-) 

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

1 hour ago, jos said:

I guess version 2.5 is replaced or updated on the SD card, or not?

Yes, correct. I have a copy of this card so I can switch back and forth.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

7 hours ago, OldBigEars said:

I spent an hour or so with 2.6 last night and think there could be distinctly more bass and warmth than 2.5.  Obviously you can't go back and forth to verify, but that was the my first short session impression.  

What I’m hearing too. More of a “mature” sound for lack of a better description. But this is via RAAT mind you, so can’t speak to anything else. Now that my speakers went from 3 feet apart to 11 due to a room redecoration, I won’t dare comment on wide the soundstage is...

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

10 hours ago, Em2016 said:

What's the easiest way you've found to backup the SD card?

This is what I've done (on mac). I have used this procedure with the microRendu card (just to have a backup) and I have verified I can get an identical bootable copy:

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

6 hours ago, miguelito said:

This is what I've done (on mac). I have used this procedure with the microRendu card (just to have a backup) and I have verified I can get an identical bootable copy:

M, we prefer customers buy official SD cards for warranty issues. Basicslly we are trying to keep things consistent. This will just add another layer of uncertainty when we get support question. 

17 hours ago, left channel said:

Glad to be part of this private CA launch! I ignored the "Latest SW version" displayed and ran Update anyway to get 2.6. Changes include Squeezelite 1.8.7, which as usual needed to be selected in Audio App Switcher again even though it was already shown as Active. It's up-and-running, controlled by Squeezelite-X and Squeezer, and I'm now enjoying the Radio Paradise FLAC stream plugin.

I hope/assume the sonicTransporter series includes my little SCG microJukebox, which has gone through more than one model name change over the years. I ran the updater on the microJukebox but got only incremental updates to 2.5 and Plex server.

And...I reading too much into colon after "MQA support", pointing to the promise of a "surprise new feature" for the SGC sonicTransporter series? :-) 

I should add Squeezelite to the list. It all depends on how often you update. 

I’m not certain which models on the sonicTransporter series will get updates and when, but it is getting worked on.  I can also tell you the new feature on sonicTransporter is not MQA.

3 hours ago, vortecjr said:

M, we prefer customers buy official SD cards for warranty issues. Basicslly we are trying to keep things consistent. This will just add another layer of uncertainty when we get support question. 

Ok, understood.

system pics

On 22-3-2018 at 6:20 PM, jos said:

Listening to version 2.6 I hear a kind of ‘tick or pop’ between songs, but certainly not between every song. I will take further notice of this behaviour this evening and report back. I only play with Audirvana, latest version. It can be Audirvana too, I assume, not sure yet...

I didn't hear this problem anymore after reporting it, so no problem whatsoever. Perhaps just in a few specific files.

Version 2.6 is working fine. But I would advise to deliver MQA someday, because it wil be a huge selling point.

Anybody know what causes this?

Happened when playing files from Tidal too. The network was working fine and other devices could stream from Youtube or locally etc no problems. All tracks would play for about 5 seconds then skip.

Thanks

29634900_218434932071895_686009721_o.png

Peach Audio Iso Transformer, Linn Akurate DSM, McIntosh MA2275 

Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tributes, SVS SB13 Ultra x2, Dynaudio BM5A MKII

3 hours ago, jos said:

Version 2.6 is working fine. But I would advise to deliver MQA someday, because it wil be a huge selling point.

+1

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

@vortecjr

http://www.sonore.us/ultraRendu.html

Recomends LPS-1 set to 7 VDC. Of cause no other option is possible. 

Can you update with LPS-1.2as well please ?

And the the question is @JohnSwenson, what is the recomended input voltage using LPS-1.2 with the ultrRendu.

If both 7 and 9 should be the same, then OK of cause. I just notice some PS has recommendations to 9 V. 

Same question  may may apply to ultraDigital 

On 3/21/2018 at 4:03 PM, vortecjr said:

Sonicorbiter Update Notice:

1. Sonicorbiter 2.6 was officially released today for the microRendu, ultraRendu, and the Signature Rendu SE.

2. Sonicorbiter on the sonicTransporter series will be updated next with a surprise new feature!

My ultraRendu doesn't show 2.6 as available current version, shows 2.5 for "current" and "latest".

Also has the SonicTransporter update been released?

Thanks

7 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Did you press update in Apps / Software Manager? The 2.6 update for the SonicTransporter has not been released yet.  

Thanks. That worked.

I was expecting "current version" to show 2.6 to prompt me to do the upgrade. 

I was using my microRendu for some time, but took it out as I went to a Roon Rock dedicated computer to utilize HDMI out to my Marantz 8002a.  Now I would like to use it as a Roon Endpoint in another room where I am currently using a Pi (which is working just fine).  

I replaced the Pi, hooked it up to the network, saw it was there on my network scanner, and accessed the App switcher to use Roon and it shows Activated.  But it does not show up as a zone on my Roon Rock server.

There must be something simple (stupid?) that I am missing and will take the abuse if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks for your help.

Peter

Mac Mini 2013 i5 SSD 6G 120 GB - OSX 10.8.5 - Pure Music & Pure Vinyl - synology 3TB NAS - Oppo 105 - Emotiva XSP-1 balanced preamp - Event Opal active speakers & SVS SB-13 sub - 3 custom turntables - hand built Ed Yang tube phono stage - TC Impact 24/192 A-D vinyl ripper- fully treated, equalized listening room

Perhaps the router does not see the uRendu. Is it in the list of connected devices? If it's not there, a simple off/on should do a re-detect, or there's a cable/connector fault. For cable and connector faults, this (or something like it) tool is very useful. From little knowledge I have from networks, are that scanners are very good at detecting any device on the network, but whether that device will talk/respond is another issue.

Just about 99.9% of networkable audio devices use Linux in some form or another, behaviour knowledge of Linux is needed, and that in itself is a sad thing.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Hi All,

I think this is the right place to come for Sonore Microrendu support, if not forgive my post and point me in the right direction if you know it.

My system was working great, Roon Rock -> Microrendu -> Schiit Yggy, last night when I fired up Roon I saw there was an update. I chose to update all (as I typically do) but didn't check the details this time, so I'm not sure what got updated. After the upgrade I could not see any audio devices in Roon, specifically, the Microrendu wasn't seen by Roon. Further,  I could not hit the management URL for the Microrendu nor could I ping it at it's last known IP address. Everything else on my network is working fine. As an experiment, I created a small closed network to see if the Microrendu could boot and get connected to it. Ethernet lights are flashing but my DHCP server is not seeing a request and hence the rendu never becomes visible on the network.

At this point, I'm not sure where to go next in terms of troubleshooting. Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried unplugging and plugging the PS to the mR? This normally fixes any connection issues with me...

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

12 minutes ago, igolem said:

Hi Forehaven,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I've tried multiple times both on my existing network and the temporary network I created for trouble shooting. 

At this point it might be best to pick up a replacement uSD card from our website.